Grand Teton

Continuing my COVID19 knitting of National Park hats…this one is my favorite so far! I love this stitch and it was sort of a mindless knit. I changed up the colors from the pattern (cream and brown) to something I liked better.

Here is a closeup of the yummy texture…

I did not have any suitable weight yarn in my stash so I did order some online…it took weeks to get here but I knit it in about two days.

12 Likes

Oooh! This is my favorite!

1 Like

This is really pretty, the stitch is nice and there colour combo lovely.

Oh it’s so great! :heart_eyes:

I like this one a lot! The green is such a pretty shade! The stitch pattern looks pretty complex, but I’all take your word for it that it’s a mindless knit :wink: It’s patterns like this that make me want to get better at knitting!

My fave, too! Love the green peeking out!

Oooo! Very nice! I think the green and cream still represent the Grand Tetons very nicely, too.

I wonder if anyone has considered one of those knit or crochet bikini tops in this pattern… :crazy_face: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This may be my favorite one so far. Love the colors.

Oooh… Bikini tops for the win! :smile:

This stitch does look super tricky, but then, I’m not a very good knitter, so…

Thanks again, everyone…I have such weird friends…how does one look at a hat and dive right into bikini top? Y’all are so strange…love you!

1 Like

Hehe! Because “Grand Tetons” is the name given by French fur trappers and it means big boobs!

4 Likes

Awesome. Such an unusual hat! Love it.

Congrats! Your Grand Teton hat is one of this week’s featured projects.

1 Like

Thanks! It is my favorite one so far!

I have never seen that stitch before and it’s awesome! Great call on switching the color. Love this green!

Thanks! It was a really simple stitch, too! I have enough left over yarn to make a pair of matching mittens.

I’ve never seen that stitch before either. I love the 2 colors.

1 Like