Handmade Journal Swap - September 2020 GALLERY

Wow, she got you! I mean really got your theme! What a great journal for a writer.

One of the reasons I love a swap is all the creative ideas we get to steal, whoops I meant experience from all the different interpretations of the swap theme and participant’s themes. It’s a never ending cornucopia of ideas!

2 Likes

I got my amazing book from @Smmarrt and I :heart: It! My favorite color of the moment is black and white patterns. so here’s the cover!

I love the papers on the cover, I love the ribbon, I love the button!!! I just love it!

There are so many fun pages here are just a few!

I just got a message that I am exceeding my image upload so I have to stop there!

Thank you Smmarrt!

4 Likes

So happy you are happy. it was a challenge to stick to just black and white. How I wanted to add red dots, or magenta splotches or yellow circles…

Have fun creating.

1 Like

it looks great! I love the black and white cover! looks like all kinds of cool pages inside.

1 Like

Ohmigosh! I received the rocking-est, coolest journal from @Fonduie! It is perfect for me. It’s about 5.5” by 6.75” so great size.

It says “I’m not alone anymore.”

A Frida journal!
Some of the pages

A pocket with stickers

4 Likes

More pages

Inside covers

There is a Frida Kahlo show that just opened in San Francisco and the museums are open now so I plan to book a time in October to go see it. I saw my first Frida paintings in London 2 years ago and it moved me to tears. When you see so many reproductions and then see the real deal, it’s magnificent. I will fill this journal with her words and those of other smart, powerful, and creative women. Thanks so much Shannon. It was totally worth waiting for and it will be treasured.

4 Likes

So gorgeous and such a good idea! I love it. Can’t have enough Frida.
And that is the final journal of the swap, if I’m not mistaken? Wow, each and every book knocked it out of the park. Applause!

2 Likes

Yes, we are done. Thank you all for participating.
Let’s do it again in 6 months or so.

I will propose a tiny book swap in the next round. @geekgirl - I can’t stop thinking about them!

4 Likes

I really enjoyed making that tiny journal!

1 Like

I love Frida, and a Tiny journal/book swap would be so fun!

Thank you, this was a fun and satisfying swap. I love all the different journals, they are so creative!

2 Likes

I got tickets for the Frida Kahlo show in October too! I took the day off work and I’m going to pull my daughter out of school 2 hours early so she can see it too. I figure it will be a great educational experience for her so I don’t feel guilty. Glad you like the book! I had fun making it. Thanks again for the extension and your patience.

1 Like

These are all so beautiful.
I love Frida Kahlo. So jealous of all of you who have been able to see her work in person!