Happy, bright and fun stola

I couldn’t resist and started!!!
Here’s an update.

I used yarn of my stash. If this turns out how I envisioned, I will make one with other colours.

2 Likes

So far it looks quite lovely in those colors…nice ones to go with your personal coloring…that green with the pink is so pretty…

Are you making it up as you go? I just love how the dark blue looks like a flowing river…

1 Like

Thanks Linda!

I like the different colours, but maybe it is a bit too much if I also use so many different stitches and flowers. But we will see :wink:

Yes, I am making it up while I work. And unravel it when it doesn’t look good or doesn’t work out.
I am currently working on front post double crochet for 2 stitches and 4 stitches double crochet, that’s why there are so many stitch markers. I love the look of cables, so had to add that.

It is surprisingly fun and easy to do, and no pressure so it is relaxing.

1 Like

Only just found this, no idea how I missed it.
The original 1 you pinned is lovely, but yours is looking ace :+1::heart:
Have you got much further on it?

I had a look on your board, then went down the pinterest rabbit hole - have you seen the bags that match the stola? Amazing.

1 Like

Thanks!

I haven’t gotten much further, but I will post another pic if I am :grinning:

Oh I have found so many great and amazing free form crochet projects! I don’t think I have seen bags, but I was thinking about making a bag. I love the look of the stola but I am not sure I will wear it. A bag might be a better idea.
I love the shape of such a stola, so I will make a stola anyway haha

1 Like

My crochet skills are very rusty, but I could probably manage a wide triangle.
It’s the flowers I find intimidating. How do you make those, they’re so cool!

Good luck!

1 Like

I used this:

And I think to use this:

And maybe flowers from Frida’s flowers blanket:

https://www.stylecraft-yarns.co.uk/Frida’s+Flowers/0_CAFA122_CAFA135_CAFA139.htm

I also have a book with flower patterns in it. I can crochet rows and different stitches but I can’t crochet a flower out of the blue!

1 Like

I am doing the Frida blanket…I will tell you that if I can make the flowers, you can! I also have a book of crochet flowers and some of them are ridiculously complex but still easy if you take some time…the problem will be picking out only a few!

1 Like

I know I can crochet it when I use a pattern, I can’t see myself doing a flower free form. Which is okay, the flowers available are just so pretty!

I am looking forward to seeing your Frida blanket, it is so beautiful.

1 Like