Happy Embroidered Christmas Tree Ornament

I got a Brother sewing and embroidery machine almost 2 years ago, but never really learned how to use it. I ordered a cute Christmas bundle on Etsy that included this fun tree. After fighting with my machine, then realizing I hadn’t threaded the needle correctly (oops), I finally got it going. I sewed it to a felt backing, and now @endymion has this sweet tree as a new ornament in the Ongoing Ornament Swap. Sign ups still live! Join us! We are having a blast!

16 Likes

Cute! And bonus points for figuring out your machine!

1 Like

I love my little tree! My husband also said he admired it, which is unusual for him.

So cute! Makes me wish I wouldn’t have gotten rid of the embroidery machine that sat in my closet unused for years. Good job figuring it out!

1 Like

this is awesome because I just bought a couple small embroidery designs for my machine and now I know what to do with them!

1 Like

What a great project to help you learn how to use your machine! I’ve agreed to make 5 ornaments for the ornament swap so far and 3 out of the 5 involve my embroidery machine. There are so many fun designs to choose from!

I understand the fight with the machine. I have had so many embroidery machine issues and most if not all have been due to me doing something wrong. I almost gave up on my old machine when I was having nothing but birdnesting thread issues. It turned out that I was using the wrong bobbin. Another time, the thread I bought on Amazon just would not play well with my machine at all. I was so glad when I discovered the cause of the issues. It allowed me to learn from them so I (hopefully) won’t make the same mistake in the future!

I can’t wait to see what else you make with your embroidery machine!

1 Like