Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

@Bugaboo has been a busy bug!
I also received a lovely May card –
thanks, Steph!!

3 Likes

loveliness!
the frame is just perfect, and @jemimah, you are so gifted!

3 Likes

Oh @susieoregon …you are just warped, girl…lol…I got my blue tits…lol

3 Likes

I received a lovely postcard from @kittykill!!

:heart::heart::heart:

8 Likes

A fantastic happy mail today from @saintcady, @kittykill, and @photojenn :

Thank you!

7 Likes

Hello!

I’m new to Lettuce Craft, but it seems like exactly what I was looking for: a hub of like-minded creative types who were interested in things like RAKs, happy mail, and craft swaps for ephemera, junk journalis, and ATCs. Yay you guys! And yay me for finally finding y’all!:partying_face:

I’m from BC, Canada, I’m married with two daughters (8 years old, 18 months old) two dogs and a cat, and I make a living as a journalist for a small town newspaper, which I love.

I believe everyone has an interesting story to tell, and those stories can be told in many different ways, so I’d appreciate anything that’s handmade: be it a note
jotted on a postcard, a handwritten letter or a quickly-sketched drawing from when you were relaxing with a coffee. Maybe some collage masterboard pieces, or photos you’ve taken that you enjoy. Anything that owes its current state of existence to your imagination and creativity would be a good option.

May (8) is my birthday month, and I’m a fairly typical Taurus. :wink:

My eldest (8 in June) would also like to participate in everything I do. She loves Buffy the Vampire Slayer (w/ SMG), unicorns and mermaids, pink/
purple/blue, Disney princesses and their movies, and is quite the aspiring artist with a batch of her very own ATCs that she’s excited to begin sharing with people across the globe.

I hope I got this right! :crazy_face: I’ll submit my address to the MOD to share, but feel free to ask me as well. If I’ve left out any important info, please let me know and I’ll happily add it.

Tyvm!

17 Likes

Welcome to both Lettuce Craft and to our lovely Happy Mail group :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome to Lettuce Craft :smile_cat: it’s wonderful to have you join in here!

4 Likes

Welcome to LC and the happy mail craftalong :raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes

Welcome to LC! So glad you found us!

2 Likes

Ooh! Fresh paper! Yay, fun, so glad you’re here :blush:

2 Likes

welcome @StationerySandwich this is a most excellent community and it makes me happy every day. PLus your daughter has impeccable taste, Buffy rocks.

I am so slow in getting any happymail sent out, but there are some local postcards going out today to a few folk.

5 Likes

We welcome you to join in the fun!

lol I am trying to figure out if your username makes me want to write a few letters or go eat…lol

5 Likes

Welcome to the happiest place on the internet!

5 Likes

Welcome!!

2 Likes

What about eating while writing? Best of both worlds! :wink:

1 Like

Can I just say: WOW!

I’m in the midst of a crisis and have no friends or family outside of my personal unit, and my crafting has given me some sense of sanity. I wasn’t truly expecting any replies, so waking up to almost TEN replies and messages was nearly overwhelming. I’m beyond moved by your warm welcome. So a sincere thank you for the digital happy mail!

Also, I included the story of my username in my profile information if anyone’s interested. :wink::grin:

13 Likes

HI Everyone! I am behind on my thank you to those I received mail from, and I apologize. I have been truly blessed with Happy Mail in the past two weeks, thank you all so much. It is so much fun to see everyone’s style. So, thank you’s go out to @bugaboo for the beautiful MAY card, @Immaculata for a nice note she wrote in her pretty card, @saintcady for a cute little polka dot card with fun stickers inside! Thank you also to @megwell for the “obsessed” Horse card with fun stars inside, @geekgirl for the most bright and colorful card she created with fun stickers inside, @bluebird sent me my first “June to the Moon” card and it is so cute! @susieoregon sent me a fun card with a very nice note inside, and pressed flowers! They are wonderful, thanks! Plus, a tea bag! and @Magpie I received two cards in the past 2-3 weeks from you! thanks. Your handwritten “Popeye” card with Wimpy on the front is fun and also the letter you sent is great too! I am really truly enjoying this craft along.

I have been thinking about starting a scrap book to keep all these treasures. What are you all doing? I am curious.

7 Likes

I am in the same boat…right now, I have all the cards rubber banded together, but I was also thinking of some sort of “scrap book”…

4 Likes

SAME! I was just considering a scrap book last night. I keep all the cards on my front door, but cycle them out and have been putting them in a folder in my file cabinet. I have an empty book that would work. Hmmmmm…

3 Likes