Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Last year April was the month of Monster Jam. That was fun!

3 Likes

I like April showers and May flowers!

5 Likes

What would an April Fool’s Shower look like, I wonder. Hmm. I am compiling a list of fun pranks to play on the kids. Maybe a piece of coffee filter soaked in food colouring inside the shower head? LOL, that would be hilarious!

I sent to everybody who has signed up here, Canadian mail seems to be taking a looooong time to be delivered so by the time it gets to you it may be a surprise all over again, ha!

6 Likes

I received some pretty happy mail from @AIMR! She also included a piece of a masterboard she made during a zoom art journaling lesson. Thank you! :blush:

21hmfarmbg

8 Likes

Easter Handmade Card Exchange is up if anyone is interested :slight_smile:

4 Likes

USPS has suspended some mail services to New Zealand temporarily
Cards and letters can still be sent (not parcels) but please be aware that the mail from US to NZ may be disrupted/slow.

Since I started a full time job again, I have struggled to keep up with my happy mail alongside my other projects, and I’m not able to send often atm. I’ll still try to send things from time to time, but it’s likely to be veeeerrryy sslloooowww … :snail: :love_letter:

about me

Hi I’m Kirsten, and I live in faraway Aotearoa / New Zealand. I enjoy writing fiction, art projects and crafting. I like all sorts of things, especially arty, quirky, vintage things; favourite quotes about art, writing, and creativity; little artworks and drawings (love the 4x6 art swap); ephemera; funny stories; learning about interesting people and places; or anything you feel like sharing.

12 Likes

If anybody would like to send some happy mail to our neighbour, she would absolutely love it.
Thanks friends!

9 Likes

I received St. Patrick’s Day cards from @Reinikka and @geekgirl today, and I’m not even in that exchange! Thank you!

I will get some happy mail out eventually. I can’t craft multitask very well right now and have been focused on swap stuff, but it’s coming.

5 Likes

THAT was fast!!! :flushed: (I must be getting used to mail taking more than two weeks to get anywhere! lol)

2 Likes

whoa–I am going to be posting a bunch of pics tomorrow…

I got a cool St. Patrick’s Day card from @geekgirl and a wonderful birthday card from my friend @Cindy!!!

Thanks for all the happy mail…I have several cards ready to go as well…and I am inspired to make some holiday cards as well…I don’t celebrate Easter, so I will do some spring cards…my daffodils are blooming and my azaleas are budding so maybe they will be used in my cards

3 Likes

If I had to name it, I’d say we most closely adhere to neopagan observances & celebrations. It’s basically the same symbology, since those traditions were purloined by the church.
Ostara (Ēostre) is associated with the coming of spring and the dawn, she brings renewal, rebirth from the death of winter, and is represented by eggs & hares. Any spring theme is nice at this time, birds & flowers included!

4 Likes

That is what I was thinking…I rather like the ancient symbols that can apply to all rather than anything attached to any one ideology…eggs, bunnies, flowers, and anything symbolizing a renewal of our earth and ourselves… :heart:

2 Likes

Same here! I think of it as Ostara but we still call it Easter in our house. We talk about spring and rebirth and use it as an opportunity to discuss differences in religion.

Shameless show-offing: I made a Ostara ATC for @curiousfae and it gave me all the spring feels making and designing it. :tulip::sunny::deciduous_tree:

12 Likes

Lovely! I especially like the soft colors and the bright flowers…and of course, bunny!!!

1 Like

Oh how pretty! A perfect little picture of the world waking up again for spring. It is my favorite season, but doesn’t seem to last very long in Portland. Our rainy season tends to creep right over spring, but there are some awesome bright, sunny days mixed in there.

2 Likes

You’re not kidding! I’ve sent envelopes within Canada and to the US and those ones arrived first.

3 Likes

Woohoo, I got home from training earlier to see a pretty envelope on the floor. I got my first happy mail.

Thank you @bluebird for making my day :smiley:

11 Likes

@SonjaBoo spoiled me with a really fun sewn envelope full of happy bird things! I love the bookmark and that is the biggest and coolest paper clip I’ve ever seen. The fact sheet was fun. Thanks for all the :heart:! I loved reading your letter. Now I feel like a slacker–we only have 3 feeders up! (I’ve been saying I need more!) I’ll let you know about the hummers. Last couple years we’ve had at least 12!

12 Likes

@Renstar — You’re welcome! So happy you enjoyed it! :blush:

Ooo! What a lovely envie of fun from Sonjaboo! Loving all the birdie things! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I received my first piece of LC happy mail today from @Reinikka

It’s so pretty

She included paper clips (I don’t have these ones) and a beautiful ATC

12 Likes