Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Yay! Cool - I plan on canning next weekend, so I’ll make some then and swing it by.

2 Likes

Oh wow! You are awesome! :heart::heart::heart:

Also - if you are down for it - Pilot and I could meet you out in the courtyard.

3 Likes

Sure - I’ll text you and we’ll figure it out.

3 Likes

@susieoregon & @saintcady Hey! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: This is a Happy MAIL Craftalong, not a meet in person along :laughing: lol… but seriously, that’s awesome! :heart:

I am so looking forward to future awkward social situations for myself :sweat_smile: I’m an introvert but this isolation has been draining me…

6 Likes

I am fully vaccinated and easing myself back into social activities. I went wine tasting yesterday and sat out on the deck. I got a little burnt. It was awesome.

6 Likes

Guess what time it is? It’s… Poll time! :partying_face: You all have one week to vote for August’s theme :slight_smile:

Vote for August’s Theme
  • August High Tea
  • A-gusty Day (Go Fly a Kite)
  • August Stash Busting
  • August Ice Cream
  • Music in the Park
  • Artsy August
  • August Animals

0 voters

2 Likes

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

Tomorrow I’m planning on updating the Birthday list. So if you have a birthday in June or July let me know!

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

7 Likes

Got a sweet card from @LadybugsAndBees
thank you SO much!
Love the postcards, stamps & stickers you sent, my friend!
What a lovely piece of happy mail :slight_smile:

2 Likes

fun!
(hope the burnt part wasn’t TOO bad)

1 Like

Golden syrup isn’t a thing in Canada either though some specialty likely carry it, seeing as how we are a colony!
I read honey, agave nectar, cane syrup and brown rice syrup can but substitutes but the taste would be so different from the original recipe.

Look at all this lovely mail!

From @kayrun, @Cindy (including additions for my @Pigeon), & from @wittychild.
Thanks friends, your mail makes my day. I’m having a grouchy work week already & it only Monday :worried:

10 Likes

I’m waiting for internat’l stamps as well!

3 Likes

I googled golden syrup once–I think to confirm whether it was just the British name for corn syrup–and the results claimed a Walmart near me had it. So it’s not commonly used here, but it may be more available than that fact would imply. (I did not investigate the WM situation, so take that with a grain of salt.)

2 Likes

yippeeeeee!
Thx for LMK it got there == remember, this was one of the letters involved in my saga
of no one in the small town in GA being able to understand that I needed international stamps & finally I just mailed them at the little shop (kind of like a UPS store that takes all types of mail) & crossed my fingers that they would make it!!
yay, again!
hope your week turns out better than you Monday did!
I had that type of week last week~

2 Likes

Glad you liked it!

Not me but my daughter has a birthday July 1st if anyone wants to send her something! She’ll be 9 and her name is Luna.

Loves dragons (more realistic than cutesy), Pokémon, Minecraft, science/math, and cats.
Her favorite colors are blue, black, and green.

:cat2::dragon::abacus:

7 Likes

Wait what!?! LUNA IS NIIIIINE!?!?

I’m dead. You’ve killed me.

2 Likes

What?? … you almost gave me a heart attack … I’ve used Roger’s Golden Syrup for years, bought in local grocery stores in Alberta. Now I’ve got to see if it’s sold in PEI. I just assumed it was everywhere.

2 Likes

Hmm, I have never seen it in a regular grocery store but maybe I haven’t been looking in the right places…

3 Likes

I received a lovely May Flowers card and tag from @Amfkinney today, thank you so much Anne :hibiscus:

7 Likes

I’m behind in posting some Happy Mail (sorry!!!)

I think I forgot to share this one when I got it… a beautiful June Bug to the Moon from @Ewulotta :heart: with some tea to try :slight_smile:

I recently received a June to the Moon featuring Wallace and Gromit from @susieoregon with a pressed flower ATC :heart:

I thought @thanate had sent early for the Paper Embellishment swap because she put so many goodies in this one!

She even included tiny happy mail! (see the lower left!!! teeny tiny envelope with teeny tiny stickers inside) :heart:

And most recently I found this fun artwork from @GeekyBookworm in my mailbox :heart: We swapped ATCs not too long ago and I was so impressed with her stalking skills because she made one with Moomin characters… turns out it was just a lucky coincidence! :laughing: This art is 100% relatable! lol… I think I’ll put it in my display in place of the recently broken Moomin coffee mug :broken_heart:

Thank you all!!! :kissing_heart:

14 Likes