Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Golden syrup isn’t a thing in Canada either though some specialty likely carry it, seeing as how we are a colony!
I read honey, agave nectar, cane syrup and brown rice syrup can but substitutes but the taste would be so different from the original recipe.

Look at all this lovely mail!

From @kayrun, @Cindy (including additions for my @Pigeon), & from @wittychild.
Thanks friends, your mail makes my day. I’m having a grouchy work week already & it only Monday :worried:

10 Likes

I’m waiting for internat’l stamps as well!

3 Likes

I googled golden syrup once–I think to confirm whether it was just the British name for corn syrup–and the results claimed a Walmart near me had it. So it’s not commonly used here, but it may be more available than that fact would imply. (I did not investigate the WM situation, so take that with a grain of salt.)

2 Likes

yippeeeeee!
Thx for LMK it got there == remember, this was one of the letters involved in my saga
of no one in the small town in GA being able to understand that I needed international stamps & finally I just mailed them at the little shop (kind of like a UPS store that takes all types of mail) & crossed my fingers that they would make it!!
yay, again!
hope your week turns out better than you Monday did!
I had that type of week last week~

2 Likes

Glad you liked it!

Not me but my daughter has a birthday July 1st if anyone wants to send her something! She’ll be 9 and her name is Luna.

Loves dragons (more realistic than cutesy), Pokémon, Minecraft, science/math, and cats.
Her favorite colors are blue, black, and green.

:cat2::dragon::abacus:

7 Likes

Wait what!?! LUNA IS NIIIIINE!?!?

I’m dead. You’ve killed me.

2 Likes

What?? … you almost gave me a heart attack … I’ve used Roger’s Golden Syrup for years, bought in local grocery stores in Alberta. Now I’ve got to see if it’s sold in PEI. I just assumed it was everywhere.

2 Likes

Hmm, I have never seen it in a regular grocery store but maybe I haven’t been looking in the right places…

3 Likes

I received a lovely May Flowers card and tag from @Amfkinney today, thank you so much Anne :hibiscus:

7 Likes

I’m behind in posting some Happy Mail (sorry!!!)

I think I forgot to share this one when I got it… a beautiful June Bug to the Moon from @Ewulotta :heart: with some tea to try :slight_smile:

I recently received a June to the Moon featuring Wallace and Gromit from @susieoregon with a pressed flower ATC :heart:

I thought @thanate had sent early for the Paper Embellishment swap because she put so many goodies in this one!

She even included tiny happy mail! (see the lower left!!! teeny tiny envelope with teeny tiny stickers inside) :heart:

And most recently I found this fun artwork from @GeekyBookworm in my mailbox :heart: We swapped ATCs not too long ago and I was so impressed with her stalking skills because she made one with Moomin characters… turns out it was just a lucky coincidence! :laughing: This art is 100% relatable! lol… I think I’ll put it in my display in place of the recently broken Moomin coffee mug :broken_heart:

Thank you all!!! :kissing_heart:

14 Likes

What a lovely assortment of happy mail. Tiny happy mail made me smile. Such a cute idea.

Well…I started packing my happy mail. I have 6 + 1 extra for a person not in this craft-a-long that need to be sorted, packed, and addressed. I’m about half way through. I should get through the rest tomorrow if work isn’t too horrible. If all goes well, I hope to ship them out tomorrow. :partying_face:

5 Likes

LOL you can indeed get light treacle in the US and Canada…it is not the common ingredient in No. American baking though. So pastry days hat: corn syrup is a bi-product of corn production where as treacle (golden syrup) is a bi-product of sugar cane production (though some is now produced from sugar beet production)
They have very different tastes from one another in a pure tasting sense treacles usually much sweeter.
But, they are interchangeable in recipes and the final product is very similar

Now I am interested in this blackberry vodka jelly??? More details on this please!!! Peaches are a very good price here so some brandied peaches may get put up!

2 Likes

Yes, yes they will, lol. I figured this group was the culprit. :wink: It’s actually a great addition/idea!

2 Likes

Hi everyone! My daughter JUST showed me how to post photos from my phone onto my laptop. She had company all weekend and she couldn’t show me when they were here. I’m really sorry. I promise that as more happy mail comes in, I will post it much sooner.

Here goes: The postcard with the littler card (Is littler even a word? :face_with_monocle:), I seem to have misplaced/never wrote down who it came from. I really thought I had. I am so sorry. Whoever sent it, please make yourself known and I deeply apologize. It was the first card I received. On the back of the card were jokes written and the little card opens up with a message! Hubby really enjoyed the entire thing! Thank you!

The second card, how beautiful, came from Bugaboo. She sent a lovely message and some fabric for DH’s quilt. I unfortunately left it in the car (I craft in the car at the beach.) and DH took the car to work today. It’s funny, she sent me two of the same themed fabric that I chose for DH as well! A dancing Woodstock and Snoopy fabric and a sky blue piece of fabric! It made me giggle! Good minds think alike. She also sent me a nifty black and red square of bug fabric that is too small for the quilt but I might use it in a small mugrug/coaster for DH.

The last card was from kayrun. All those strips of paper have jokes on them and they were perfect! She even typed them out in different fonts! And the card itself is cute!

Thank you for the cards and jokes and good wishes for DH. It means a lot. Please know that I will try much harder to post sooner and match names with who sent what. Please know that everything that is sent means a lot.

6 Likes

I wanted to post a separate post from the last one just to say that I “arted” a lot of blank cards and envelopes last Friday and just need to find time to write in them. It was a lot of fun and this time I used some stamps. I have a beautiful moon stamp, but it did not stamp well on the cards. I used it anyway. I had more moon themed stickers than I thought I did, which were used on the cards too. Tomorrow is laundry day so maybe I can write the notes in them on Thursday and mail on Friday?

5 Likes

@Whistlefish, could you add the info about your daughter to your intro?
In my spreadsheet I link everyone’s name to their intro in this thread, so I can easily look it up.

3 Likes

July bday here!

2 Likes

Don’t feel too much pressure to share pictures! :heart: We definitely love seeing them but this is supposed to be fun with no pressure to do more than you want :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I added a link in the Birthday list. Here it is on it’s own for you if that helps :heart: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/happy-mail-craftalong-2021-monthly-themes-and-birthdays-too/10471/1569

3 Likes