Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I wanted to post a separate post from the last one just to say that I “arted” a lot of blank cards and envelopes last Friday and just need to find time to write in them. It was a lot of fun and this time I used some stamps. I have a beautiful moon stamp, but it did not stamp well on the cards. I used it anyway. I had more moon themed stickers than I thought I did, which were used on the cards too. Tomorrow is laundry day so maybe I can write the notes in them on Thursday and mail on Friday?

5 Likes

@Whistlefish, could you add the info about your daughter to your intro?
In my spreadsheet I link everyone’s name to their intro in this thread, so I can easily look it up.

3 Likes

July bday here!

2 Likes

Don’t feel too much pressure to share pictures! :heart: We definitely love seeing them but this is supposed to be fun with no pressure to do more than you want :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I added a link in the Birthday list. Here it is on it’s own for you if that helps :heart: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/happy-mail-craftalong-2021-monthly-themes-and-birthdays-too/10471/1569

3 Likes

:rocket: :crescent_moon: :rocket:

Happy June to the Moon!

:star: :flying_saucer: :star:

:birthday: :heart: :birthday:

Our June Birthdays are
@jemimah, @Bunny1kenobi’s Birthday, @Magpie’s Girl (@Pigeon) , @StationerySandwich’s daughter, @kittykill (June 16), and @Reinikka (June 17)

Upcoming July Birthdays are
@megwell and @Whistlefish’s daughter

:heart: :birthday: :heart:

6 Likes

I added something to the first post that I hope will help newbies :heart: (and it will be good reference for me too :wink:)

10 Likes

I’ve just received my first happy mail from @Bugaboo!
It follows the June to the moon theme, quite nicely. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I got two lovely pieces of happy mail today. Firstly this card and lovely letter from @Magpie

and this gorgeous flowery card from @kittykill

They put a big smile on my face. :grin:

13 Likes

so now I’m thinking this golden syrup is like a light colored molasses?
hmmmm
methinks I need to track some down

yay! glad it got there & that it brought a smile or 2

1 Like

whoop, whoop!
let’s hear it for the June bday peeps!!!
:cake:
:cupcake:
:moon_cake:

and @Reinikka, what a great idea for newbies - - linking directly to the current month
you are the hostess with the most fab ideas!! Thx for keeping us rocking & rolling along

6 Likes

That is a genius idea. Might have to copy that!!

3 Likes

Here’s some golden syrup for you :wink:

It’s so weird how popular it is here but you guys pretty much haven’t heard of it!

3 Likes

Got my US bound cards in the mail this morning! Hoping USPS brings my international stamps today so I can get those out too :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

The postcard and popcard was from me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A few of the cards that I received in May. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

The taste is a bit different between the 2 but almost no one will really notice. I think its just the US produces far more corn than sugar beets which are farmed more in the UK is all. I find international baking mesmerizing! Like in Italy most my pastries were never even close to as sweet as the US versions. I cannot do cannoli shells filled with frosting like the US bakeries usually have UGH!!

I have some happy mail opening to catch up on. I have been saving them up for a free moment to actually enjoy them. Its been a bit crazy here

3 Likes

Got the cutest little card from @Bugaboo!

Check out the cutest little astronauts.

Edit: now I’m annoyed that I used “cutest little” twice but seriously the card and stickers are super cute.

9 Likes

I also received one of @bugaboo’s neat-o June cards!

1 Like