Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

The taste is a bit different between the 2 but almost no one will really notice. I think its just the US produces far more corn than sugar beets which are farmed more in the UK is all. I find international baking mesmerizing! Like in Italy most my pastries were never even close to as sweet as the US versions. I cannot do cannoli shells filled with frosting like the US bakeries usually have UGH!!

I have some happy mail opening to catch up on. I have been saving them up for a free moment to actually enjoy them. Its been a bit crazy here

3 Likes

Got the cutest little card from @Bugaboo!

Check out the cutest little astronauts.

Edit: now I’m annoyed that I used “cutest little” twice but seriously the card and stickers are super cute.

9 Likes

I also received one of @bugaboo’s neat-o June cards!

1 Like

Thank you! He loved it and I appreciate you sending it!

1 Like

Just another request if anyone would like to do when they send me happy mail:

DH loves jokes but he also likes ducks (long story). So if anyone wants to send anything duck themed, that would be great too!

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey y’all!! My mother-in-law told me about this fun craft-along. I just wanted to introduce myself a little bit.
I live in Arizona with my husband and our beautiful doggo, Taffy. We are new home owners and it’s been such a fun experience figuring out what we wanna do with our new home.
I lived in North and South Carolina for just over a year and since then decided I’m quite obsessed with pineapples. I feel like pineapples represent me quite well. :relaxed:
I live off of Pinterest, so my mother-in-law showed me this site for more inspo and crafty guidance. I’m excited to learn more and build off of new ideas.

17 Likes

Yay! I love this girl! So glad @mckenziehirsche96 decided to join us! :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Welcome @mckenziehirsche96!

2 Likes

Welcome to our happy bunch @mckenziehirsche96 :grin:

2 Likes

We’re getting go the point (or maybe I am?) where I think a backup “organizer” would be a good idea. Even though this isn’t a swap it might be a good idea to have a second in command :sweat_smile: What do you guys think? Any nominees/volunteers? :heart:

6 Likes

My son, Max, got this cool moon card from @Lynx today and was so stoked to have mail for himself. :star_struck:
Thank you!

10 Likes

I thought about you yesterday when I rec’d my international stamps that I ordered on good ole Amazon…
I got this large-ish bubble envelope that felt EMPTY –
when I opened it, there was my small sheet of internat. stamps (yay) but I guess they used the only packaging they had, which was a 10" x 13" bubble mailer, LOL!
Anyway, I’m ready to write some more cards now!

2 Likes

I didn’t even think to look at Amazon for stamps, I wonder if you were able to get more designs. I ordered directly from USPS. It seems like you can order as many stamps as you want for $1.20 shipping fee.

1 Like

Welcome to the loveliest corner of the internet @mckenziehirsche96

A gorgeous card turned up from @Ewulotta today

I really need to figure out some way to store these safely!

And my first batch of happy mail has started its journey today, I even managed to get hold of some picture stamps! It has been a long time since I last had to lick the back of a stamp :thinking:

10 Likes

I forgot all about washii tape! I have a ton of it! I’ll have to use it for the next batch of cards.

3 Likes

I received some sweet (pun intended! :yum:) happy mail from @kittykill! Thank you! :blush:
21hmscpcfkk

10 Likes

Oh! There was talk of letter openers a little bit ago, just wanted to show you one of mine. :smiley:

aasldkfjsflo
It’s the sword of Gryffindor from Harry Potter…but letter opener sized. :blush: :dagger:

11 Likes

Neeto! Mine is just a 99cent one and plane as can be :sweat_smile: but it gets the job done! Now that I know how usefull they are I may keep my eye out for a cool one :heart:

2 Likes

I received from @kittykill and @Bugaboo today!

Thanks, ladies!

8 Likes

My international stamps came today, also in an overly large envelope :joy:

I’ll be sending out my international cards in the morning!

1 Like