Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I am beginning to think @Amfkinney has mail elves to help…seriously…

5 Likes

So pretty!

Thank you for the stars @PhoenixFireDesigns !

10 Likes

From @Amfkinney :kissing_heart: Thank you!

10 Likes

I got a Birthday cross stitch card from @wittychild :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you Jen! :heart: I’ll try to write you back before June is over :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

18 Likes

Whew…talk about timing! :tada:

3 Likes

I finally put together my Happy Mail scrapbook. I thought about organizing the cards a specific way and then decided to make it easy on myself and just started glue sticking them in.

I’m using a sketchbook I bought at Michael’s a couple years ago and never used. Here are some random samplings:

All the cards open and are readable. I taped the postcards in so I can flip them up and read the message. I’m keeping it on the table next to my chair and it’s fun to flip through.

Thanks you guys!

25 Likes

I love this, it’s a super awesome way to showcase things

2 Likes

Finally got around to adding this to the first post…

FYI :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: I will be away from my computer for a few days! So if you need any addresses before Sunday ask one of our Happy Helpers :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

I am behind on posting received items, it’s been such a busy time for me lately. I’ll need to review the last things I shared here against the most recent stack of missives & catch up on all your lovely mail!
My mail seems to still be taking ages to arrive, if it gets there at all. I’m a bit sad about not keeping a better list but oh well, some things may have been delivered to unexpected destinstions, who knows?

2 Likes

Is this monster from @GeekyBookworm coming in for a hug or a nibble? Should I bee afraid? Lol, nah. Too cute to be scary :grin:

@saintcady laser cut cards, what a great idea!

Another fantastic photo from @Cindy . What even is this spiky wonder? Cool!

From @Ewulotta of the lovely script. Your letters are a double pleasure to read. Beautifully formed & full of friendly news.

Is this crochet apple slice from you? I have forgotten which envelope It arrived in.

@kayrun my mom stickers the heck outta her letters too, haha!

@photojenn beautiful card.

Look at this moon! And also, yes. Excellent sentiment. Agreed!

@wittychild, still not officially in this swap but still penpalling me awesomely :slight_smile:

@PrincessP loaded up her letter with adorable animals.

And this! This cutie is so much everything, I squeed right out loud.

19 Likes

Yes, the crochet apple is from me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

It is a Thistle before it flowered. Located in the middle of a wildflower area close to where we used to live. I was convinced that was a tiny bird sitting on top and spent quite a bit of time forcing my camera to focus on it so I could ID it. Glad no one was around when I discovered it was a old leaf because I laughed at myself.

8 Likes

ha ha ha ha…I totally understand…

2 Likes

I am way behind on posting happy mail! I feel very loved by my lettuce friends! I have had fun mail from @thanate, @kittykill, @Reinikka, @susieoregon, @Bugaboo, @Renstar, @Ewulotta, @Edel… thank you all, you gorgeous people you!

8 Likes

I had a lovely cryptid postcard from @saintcady thank you so much xx

1 Like

Interesting, I wish I took pictures of what I’ve sent, I cannot remember what you have!!

1 Like

I received a beautiful card and ATC from @Reinikka!

8 Likes

I wish my Happy Mail would start arriving…
But hey, there’s an ocean between me and most of the recipients.

5 Likes

Uploading: 20210617_113147.jpg…
AHEEYYY YOOOOUU GUUYYS! (think Goonies)

You are AH MAZE ZING!!!

I checked my mail this morning and found it LITERALLY stuffed with happy mail! :blush: I was floored by this community’s outpouring of artistic comradery and human connection via snail mail.

A few things have prevented my posting the last couple of weeks: I’ve begun my transition back to work after two years off (medical and maternity leaves); my personal life has been really hard; I got a new phone, and while it transferred the LC icon on my Home screen, I didn’t realize it didn’t also transfer my log in credentials, and so I wasn’t getting my notifications like previously.

I didn’t forget about y’all, though! I actually had my first happy mail ready two weeks ago, but kept forgetting to mail it. I put it in my purse last night to mail on my lunch break today, so it was neat to find so much in my mailbox, which had obviously not been checked in too long! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::woozy_face:

I waited until getting home after work to open this mountain of HM with my Lady Bug because not only is she my junk journaling/art and crafting buddy/HM partner, she also had HM addressed to her! She was so excited, maybe more than me…or maybe not because I was pretty darn excited!

But perhaps best of all were the birthday cards and gift for my Lady Bug, who turns 8 next week. She’s over the moon with her early gifts, which are just the most perfect items ever for her. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I’ve included some pictures of our incredible score. I’ve decided I’m going to create a dedicated junk journal for my amazing HM: I’ll utilize as much of all the great stuff I recieved (including the envelopes and mailing stamps :rofl:) to create page spreads and display my stationery gifts from around the world!

When I’ve got some made I’ll share photos. Until then, here’s what I’ve taken so far.

You humans are just the best! And I am so excited to package up some more HM for those who sent some my way, as well as others.

You can also follow my artistic endeavors on IG under this name.

13 Likes

@StationerySandwich, how wonderful that your daughter received so much Happy Mail for her birthday next week!
(And I’m happy to see mine made it in time too!)

I hardly know my two doors down neighbor Lien. But I do know she has a husband and two small boys, they are in the middle of a big home renovation, she works as a nurse and she is suffering from long Covid. Her husband told Marc she took the week off, because she is so exhausted.
I thought this called for Happy Mail!
Don’t you just love how the Happy Mail movement is spreading out from LC into the rest of the world?
Thanks again @Reinikka for starting this craftalong!

7 Likes