Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I received from …

@Amfkinney (a few days later than everyone else) :smiley:

@bluebird … something you said in your letter gave me the perfect idea for the next picture to send you.

4 Likes

Something else you can do with the labels - make your own stickers!

2 Likes

How did I miss those? That is really cool. I am also really into doodling and combining painting with pen doodles. Fun!

2 Likes

Yes! I love that I only have to reach for a sticker :laughing: I also have a stamp but the stickers are more fun :slight_smile: Might need to re-order soon though!

I lucked out and got a big box of envelopes at my local thrift store… I’ve also made some from old calendar and book pages

2 Likes

I wanted to buy a rubber stamp but now that we know that we’re moving by the end of the year I decided to wait until then.

6 Likes

I got lovely happy mail from @Amfkinney today. Thank you so much you put a big smile on my face.

If anyone wants to send happy mail to my cousin, she could really use it. She’s in her mid 40s her husband is terminally ill and probably won’t be around for more than a couple of months, she has three kids aged from 16-7. She’s caring for her husband at home and keeping the three kids going (each of the kids has complex, difficult needs. ) I honestly don’t know how she keeps going. But she is the kindest sweetest woman who is going through an unbelievably hard time. We were talking about writing letters today and she said she loves to receive them. I asked if she would like me to put her in this thread and she said she would love it. So if you want to send her some happy mail, pm me or @Reinikka for her address.

10 Likes

Received from @bluebird!

6 Likes

I received from @bluebird as well! @Jae3ird was super happy with the scratch n sniff stickers and he’s decided the kitty patch is his too. :smiley:

9 Likes

I added her to the special request list :heart:

3 Likes

wow! all are lovely, and that paint sample card looks like a lot of fun!

Tonight I am working on some happy mail birthday cards in hopes of actually mailing them before the birthday month has passed!
Now to look up 2 more addresses & I’d better get off of here before I get distracted (again)

4 Likes

I just checked tracking and the ____ I ordered is out for delivery! That means I can start working on special surprises soon! I also have a several sets of new cards that you all have not seen yet (but if you follow the “snapshot” thread may have seen glimpses of what they could be!) so that is super exciting!

7 Likes

My Happy Mail number 16 is on its way!

7 Likes

I got the cutest bday card from @Bugaboo! (Hopefully I mentioned it earlier in the thread… :woozy_face:) Anyway, cleaning my office and putting cards away in a box and realized it was much too cute to sit in a box. So hopefully she doesn’t mind that I’ve put The Child to another use where he can be appreciated daily!

12 Likes

I’ve also been thinking about this. Writing is hard!!

4 Likes

Adorable!!! I am also going through my cards and mails and have decided to frame some pieces and also repurpose some. If I want to keep the message inside, I can always take a picture and put it in a digital folder!

2 Likes

For the first time in sssoooo long I’ve gone 2 days with zero mail. It’s weird!

4 Likes

No I was hoping you would! He’s too adorable to sit in a box!

5 Likes

I received a wonderful tea themed card and long letter from @Magpie!
Thanks again!

4 Likes

Get out, no way! All the way to you in a week, still in the wind in Canada? Wow. I really thought those would take until Aug to arrive!

7 Likes

That’s a great idea! I have digital folders of all the art work my kids did when they were very young! It’s a way to keep and remember, but not store if space is an issue.

3 Likes