Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I received from @Magpie! Elliott loved the little note for him! Thank you!

And @Reinikka! Check out that fun ATC.

We are currently on the road somewhere in Nebraska, headed to Indy, to help my dad out for a few weeks.

10 Likes

I got wonderful Happy Mail today from @Reinikka, @Bunny1kenobi and @Lynx!
Thanks again, all three of you, for brightening up my day!

6 Likes

Now that I’ve picked my jaw off the floor, I can respond. You are Canadian, right? I didn’t think this would happen in our country, other places, yes, but not our peaceful country. To have a stranger, a man no less, punch you in the face twice shocks me. I don’t find anything offensive in your master board and I’d love to have an ATC made from part of it. A good reminder that you picked yourself up from this and are moving forward.

5 Likes

Hitting a human, especially a woman or child, is one of the lowest things I think that a person can do. It is just so uncivilized. I am always shocked when I hear of such incidents.

5 Likes

@StationerySandwich i just read your story. I’m so glad your kids weren’t hurt and I’m so sorry that you and your husband were. How horrible that people should attack you and then shame you for expecting someone to play by the rules! It’s not like they didn’t put enough cream in your coffee or something insignificant. Standing up for what’s right doesn’t make you a Karen! But you already know that! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m so glad that you found us here on LC! It’s the best, most loving and supportive group on the internet! Virtual hugs to you, and to the kiddos!

3 Likes

Hello July!
(a few days late…)

:watermelon: :sandwich: :strawberry:
July’s theme is "Picnic in July"
:croissant: :apple: :hotdog:

Our July Birthdays are:
:birthday: @megwell
:birthday: @Whistlefish’s daughter

If there are any other July birthdays out there let me know! I’ll also start adding August birthdays :partying_face:

4 Likes

I had fun opening a stack of mail today! I also have some to share from last week :slight_smile:

From @Magpie tea o’clock

And this one came today :slight_smile:

With fun stencils!

From @Lynx beautiful card and handmade charm!

From @jemimah a early 2022 Birthday card with extras :wink:

And a letter with more goodies! Postage stamps and a cute house inspired by @Smmarrt

Thank you all!!! :heart:

12 Likes

Got some July happy mail out this afternoon! Much smaller (more manageable) batch this month.

3 Likes

I received a lovely hummingbird card and charm from @Lynx, thank you! :blush:

6 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi wrote me a note about the Arizona heat, I bet!

@thanate sent so much nifty stuff!

Thank you both :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@LadybugsAndBees - hope all went well with your brother

@StationerySandwich - such an awful thing to happen to you all, sending you lots of virtual hugs. And I love your masterboard - definitely art :slight_smile:

I had such lovely happy mail days over the last two days -

Work has been crazy busy and my aunt (who we live with) has had a few falls - luckily all has been ok, just a few bruises, but she has lost some confidence in herself - so to sit down and have a read of these lovely cards was a lovely happy little break from everything.

From @Magpie, a lovely card and chatty letter

From @Amfkinney - I have always loved this quote

From @bluebird - a lovely envelope of goodies - the play cards are so pretty

From @Reinikka, a pretty card and lovely ATC

Last week I was actually in the office for work, I have now been in the office a total of 5 days since March 2020. My employer is still mostly implementing a work at home policy, until the autumn currently. Whilst I am happy working from home, it is nice to have an odd day in the office - change of scenery, seeing different people, but also being able to walk into town at lunchtime. I had a potter around a couple of my favourite shops and found this unfinished wooden box -

The image stuck on top was actually on a swap package a while ago and I kept it, it fits so perfectly. So this is going to be the new home for all of my happy mail. I am going to use all the bits and pieces included in envelopes to decorate the box, then lacquer it. And I am going to decorate the inside with all of the stamps.

Thank you all for making this such a happy and amazing corner of the internet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :kissing_heart:

15 Likes

What a lovely project that will be! I also love the idea of using the stamps to decorate or line a box!

I also got some special playing cards and a lovely note from @bluebird…I am not sure if I posted a picture and I think it might be because I was framing the picture! I am looking for little frames to post some of the gorgeous art work.

4 Likes

I am totally in shock that men at an AMUSEMENT park would act that way!
I am so sorry you had to go through all of that.
Wow.
I’m glad you are crafting your way out of sadness, however.
And I totally agree with your statement about your heart living inside your kids. I once heard or read someone describe having children as having our heart walking around outside of our body (same concept). And the feeling never goes away, even when they are grown & gone! I think that is one reason I’m not fond of the empty nest…a part of me is missing.
But enough about me – your masterboard looks fantastic & I would call it art!
and if you are still looking for recipients, I would be proud to take a piece of your art so you can release it along with the strong feelings you have been having~

4 Likes

I received from @bluebird today … thanks, the stamp placement on the envelope made me smile :smiley:

4 Likes

I hope your meeting with your brother went smoothly!
:heart:
I think of you often.

Also, in my effort to combine posts –
I rec’d happy mail from @Lynx ; thanks for the gorgeous stamped charm! I’m so excited to be a part of the HM gang
@Reinikka (technically from the Use it or Lose it thread, but it made me happy, so I posted it here :slight_smile: Thanks, friend!
Also @Renstar (I hope you made a decision on the carpet! home decorating is so hard for me! I’d rather someone plopped me down in a house already done, LOL)
Thanks for the embellishments…still have to go through everything, but I didn’t want to delay the thank yous!

adding a note to @AIMR
the moon card is so cool, but those sweet elderly folks with the dancing shadows are just SO dear! Makes you think about how young we all are inside~

4 Likes

September’s theme has been chosen!

:trumpet: :musical_note: :trumpet:

:musical_note: :trumpet: :musical_note:

:trumpet: :musical_note: :trumpet:

It will be:

:sunrise_over_mountains: :sunrise: :city_sunrise:

September Sunrise

:city_sunrise: :sunrise: :sunrise_over_mountains:

7 Likes

I received from @jemimah today! Photos when my phone is charged.

Thanks, Kirsten!

12 Likes

@StationerySandwich no judgment here, well I am judging the people who attacked you and your hubby.

Hope the crafting brings some healing. That had to be scary. (((Hugs)))

We arrived safe and sound in Indy. It’s a long story but my dad’s house interior needed to be rebuilt because of extensive water damage. He’s been in and out of the hospital and rehab/nursing care facility since October. While he was in the hospital back in December, a water pipe burst and did over 90k worth of damage (covered by insurance) and a raccoon did 20k with of damage (not covered by insurance). I found out because the Indy police called me saying his neighbors reported him as a missing person.

Anyhow, the house has been rebuilt inside and we came out to help him move back into his house and then we are hoping to help him put the house on the market and find him an assisted living facility if he’s willing or a 1 floor house if he’s not willing. We show up to his house on the day he is supposed to move back into it. The sinks are all in his living room, all of the toilets are still in boxes, none of his appliances are here, and the water is off. So Phil had to light a fire under their behinds. On top of that the construction person told Phil on the phone it was all done like a week ago…so he lied. That was nice to discover. There is no way my dad could’ve handled this on his own so I’m glad we decided to come out.

I’ll be in Indy for probably 2 weeks but the kid is itching to head to a craft store so I’ll probably pick up some happy mail supplies so I can continue to send out happy mail from Indy.

12 Likes

Having taken care of both sets of parents, I totally feel your concern and frustration. People tend to take advantage of the elderly in the most despicable ways…you father is lucky to have you there to help him navigate through his elderly years.

I got happy mail from you today, so that made my heart glad…today i was discharged from rehab so it was a good day in a lot of ways!

Get your kid to a craft store!

10 Likes

That bird card is hysterical!
:laughing:

4 Likes