Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I told my MIL about our happy mail exchange and asked if she’d like to be included like @Lynx’s mom. She’s 80 and alone and would really welcome some cheer! I’m happy to provide her address to any who would like to send something cheerful to make her day a bit brighter!

13 Likes

I received this week from @bluebird and @Magpie
I’ll try to get pictures posted soon.

3 Likes

the birdies on the wire are just adorable!!

2 Likes

I totally agree!

3 Likes

Yes, that mail was from me and I can’t believe how quickly it travelled to Germany when in my own country of Canada things are only now arriving and just across the border to the US nothing has gotten to destination yet! Unreal.
Happy things are starting to arrive anyhow. There are notes on those bits of paper. I spent a few evenings writing out random thoughts to sent to you all, haha.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Karen G & this thread makes me happy, so I think I should join!
I’m especially fond of spring (except for that dratted Daylight Savings Time…ugh)
I celebrate Easter & enjoy both religious & secular cards.
Also, I have a birthday this month, and am thrilled to still be alive in the midst of a pandemic :birthday:
I hope that one day this group can have another meetup like the one I was able to attend in Asheville a couple of years ago (hey, a girl can dream, right?) I think about all of you often!
I’ve rambled enough & now I should go give my address to our hostess! It will probably be easier to get it from her, but you are welcome to PM me as well (I just might not be on here as often to retrieve my messages.)
Happy March & Happy Spring, everyone!
:tulip:

7 Likes

Thank you @whistlefish for the pretty St. Party’s Day postcard!

8 Likes

Swap packages are sent - phew! I’ll send out some happy mail in between marking English class tests - guess I’ll need some distraction from reading my students’ discussions of women in Shakespeare’s plays :joy:
I’ve drafted some ideas for the April theme tonight

11 Likes

Shipping is so unpredictable atm. I received a swap package from the US last week that only took 8 days to arrive.
Anyway, I so enjoyed reading your thoughts :blush:

3 Likes

Everyone in the craftalong has something coming from me to you :kissing_heart: and one of you has something different than everyone else :smirk: I sent all the far away mail on Monday and a few each of the other days this week. Hopefully everyone will get them before the month is over :smile:

8 Likes

Oh goodness…I found three Happy envelopes in the back of my mailbox! I haven’t opened them yet but one is from @magpie, one is from @Bunny1kenobi and the other is from @SonjaBoo!

Can’t wait to put away the other mail so I can keep up and take pictures! Thank you…so excited!

5 Likes

Yippee, more happy mail from @Magpie (I think, powers of deduction looking at previous posts)

The crown had been claimed:

This craftalong is awesome. I really need to get my butt in gear and go to the post office and send you all something.

10 Likes

That is the perfect spot for that crown!!! :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

oh that crown…it is perfect for so many things! I have to work right now, but as soon as I am done, I am going to tear open the envelopes I got! I hope I got a crown!

1 Like

Thank you @Reinikka for this adorable Mushroom March card!
20210312_140735_resize_57

10 Likes

I’m waiting for photo paper to arrive from Amazon then I can make some cards with my own mushroom photos.

9 Likes

That sounds fun!

3 Likes

I am waiting for my mushroom fabrics…I also bought pinks to do some flamingos but they have not arrived…I was going to use the scraps from making the quilt pattern you sent to me!

I hope we get an Australian themed month so we can do koalas and kangeroos!

6 Likes

I drafted a paper piece koala pattern to make a cushion cover for the girl, I’d better get on that before she decides she isn’t fond of them anymore. She changes her mind every 2 minutes, lol.

4 Likes

The one I have is just traditional piecing…

1 Like