Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Hi everyone!
I have been lurking here before but now decided to join in on the fun!
I’m Valerie from Belgium, living with my boyfriend, our 3 guinea-piggies Toedels, Toshi and Bumi and our rescue dog Bailey, 9 years old. She’s been here 2 months!
At the end of August we are living 1 year in our newly build house! Started it right before lockdown here. Still emptying out the attic and selling or bringing stuff to the thriftstore/giving away.
As for things I like: puns, I really like puns :D, our pets, flowers, vintage, thriftshopping, drawing, trying to live less-waste, hot chocolate, watching series (Downton Abbey, Avatar the last airbender, harry potter, rupaul’s drag race, … ) Oh and Disney!
Last week I went to Disneyland Paris for the first time! We got sooo much rain, but less waiting times :smiley: Sadly they only had a ‘birthday button’ and no ‘It’s my first time’ button. But that’s okay.
For crafts I have toooo many things I like doing or tried once :smiley: : sewing, drawing, painting, making random wood things, handmade books, crochet, … and I’m recently discovering a love for baking/making staples.
Now I will stop, because otherwise I don’t know what to write on the cards :smiley:

Rein has my address!

14 Likes

Hooray, another Happy Mail craftalonger from Belgium!
(Although I’m originally from The Netherlands, I have lived in Belgium since 2007.)

7 Likes

Good to see you!!! Glad you are joining us…so many people I have missed!

1 Like

Welcome to the fun @Riechan :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey everyone…I am going to be traveling across parts of the USA starting next week for three weeks…is there anyone who collects certain things that I could pick up as souvenirs? I am happy to ship international as well…postcards, magnets, small things? I am not much of a collector but I am going to have to figure out some things to do so I don’t get on my sister’s nerves and vice-versa…lol…let me know in a PM so I can start a list. Otherwise, I will just send some postcards to as many people as I can! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hello everyone! I’d love to join too, as I have received so much happy Lettuce (and before) mail and have loved every single letter and card! I want to be better in sending out mail myself. And what better place to play with what can fit into an envelope or onto a card than here?

About me: I’m Anne, living in Bremen, Germany, with my husband and two daughters (7 & 9). We don’t have pets, we don’t have a garden, but we have lots of books and crafty stuff so lots of the last year has been spent at home… I love beading and cross stitch (though I am probably the slowest stitcher ever) and sewing, and have started getting into sewing clothes for myself. And I enjoy playing with paper and paint too, and I’ve collected so much ephemera and stamps and stuff that I feel it is time to finally put that to use as well. Also I’m a major procrastinator and not-put-awayer of things and I’m always sitting in the middle of stacks and boxes and piles of stuff, so looking over all of my chaos (spread over my tiny craft room, living room, kitchen and hallway) starting something else on top of everything just now comes naturally to me!

Reinikka has my address, but you can pm me too.

14 Likes

I’m also a not-put-awayer of things!
Really could need a “Put that thing back where it came from or so help me” signs all over the place! :smiley:

Glad to see you here too!

Thank you Rein and Linda!

7 Likes

Would that perhaps be sung like the little musical number at the end of Monsters Inc? Because that’s stuck in my head now. Excellent idea for a sign!

4 Likes

I have gotten into the habit of putting away everything after I finish a project completely. It doesn’t make sense to me to do it as I am working on something as I might need more thread, etc. I started using trays to hold everything for various projects and then I just carry the tray to all the places to put things away until it is empty.

I got the idea from a blogger who put a basket on her stairs for all the things that belonged elsewhere…once a week, she carried it around and put things away. She said it might take her an hour, but it was less time than doing it all the time and less pressure as well. If she couldn’t find something, she also checked the basket first.

7 Likes

I collect magnets and postcards!

(Belatedly I saw the respond in pm part, oops!)

Welcome new happy mail people!

4 Likes

Hey happy mailers!! Guess what fits well inside some mail - 4x6 art!!

The 4x6 art swap is on now if any of you are interested in swapping some mailable art. Everyone is welcome, even if you feel like a beginner :grinning:

9 Likes

Welcome @anna.wahnsinn :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Welcome @anna.wahnsinn! Nice to have another German happy mailer on board :blush:

I’m always super happy about states postcards (the ones with some basic infos about a state). Next year the USA will be the main topic of my English lessons so it would be great to have some postcards for my classroom.

Some of you were so kind to send my friend Lisa some happy mail. I’m so grateful for your kindness and so is Lisa - she asked me to say thank you to all of you :pray: :love_letter:! She wanted to send something in return but hasn’t had the time yet because she is super busy at the moment. They’ll leave the USA and move back to Germany in about three weeks. I really appreciate that you sent all the happy mail to cheer her up, thank you so much! It did her good! Now I’m counting the days until I see her again after more than two years.
Please don’t send any more happy mail to her Louisiana address since it won’t reach her anymore. I’m still trying to convince her to join LC so maybe you’ll see her around one day :wink:

12 Likes

This. Is. Me!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Welcome new happy mail people!

3 Likes

Hey @anna.wahnsinn I’m delighted you’re joining this. Happy mail is the best!

I got a lovely letter from @Ewulotta and a card with some tags from @geekgirl

And today this create card and awesome coaster from @photojenn what a great idea to put a coaster in happy mail. It’s now living on my craft-room bench.

I just want to say that I have loved each and every bit of mail. It really does make me happy, I have them all pinned on my craft-room and my heart sings everytime I see them.

I’ve made some masterboards and I plan to send out a bunch of mail this week.

12 Likes

Happy mail from @saintcady arrived today! Thank you!

4 Likes

Same here :laughing: Apart from the craft room though since I haven’t got one…. Once we had a bedroom but it has turned into a bedroom/office/craft room.

5 Likes

Edel’s post reminds me that I received from @geekgirl as well and have been negligent about posting.

11 Likes

I received new :grinning: mail

Thank you @Amfkinney and @Ewulotta

8 Likes