Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Hi back! I guess I am easy to miss here as I pop in rarely and post even less. But I’m missing my crafty friends and I love this thread, so I’ll try to stick to this now. This is a lovely board to be, even just reading! I want to do better about not just being happy about receiving happy mail and messages, but sending/returning some as well.

8 Likes

You know it’s not a swap, right?
So don’t feel obliged to send mail in return.

4 Likes

I know, I know. I want to though! I’ve received so much mail and I’ve been meaning to send letters or cards anyway, so here is an excellent place to come back to.

Not necessarily “in return” – it’s more that I have lots of little pieces and ideas floating around here that I always meant to send to various folks that are here too, for the most part.

4 Likes

Thank you @madebyBeaG for all the bird happy mail. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m glad it arrived!

2 Likes

:tea: :tea: :tea:

Happy :tea: August High Tea :tea:

:tea: :tea: :tea:

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
I don’t have any August Birthday’s noted - so please let me know if I missed someone!
September Birthdays are @Cindy & @anna.wahnsinn :birthday:

I’ll be setting up a poll for October theme ideas tomorrow and I’ll update the birthdays in the first post as well :slight_smile: Let me know any new October theme ideas so I can add them to the poll! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Pretend you just got that tea time card from me! Lol

5 Likes

Catching up…and packing up…I am taking my address book and cards with me on my long trip…hope to get some time in the car addressing envelopes to a bunch of people because I have been so spoiled with mail!

From @magpie, a cute kimono people card and a nice note inside! From @Amfkinney , the punny garden card, and the cutest watermelon card from @Ewulotta !

From @Smmarrt , who is not officially in this craftalong, a bunch of goodies including the smoothest paper I have ever felt…thanks…I am not sure I can cut them up into journal pages but I will! Using the good stuff…and want to try using those napkins after watching a few videos on how to do it!

and finally, from @PrincessP , a bunch of cool space/moon things, including the wonderful card. She also sent one of her embroidered badges!

I colored a page today but really didn’t care for it…I just am not that great at coloring in the lines…so I doodled it up and cut it up to make a few notecards…lol

Thanks, everyone! I will be back in the game with the August theme!

15 Likes

Time to vote!

:heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:

Vote for October’s Theme
  • Taste of October
  • Recipe Exchange
  • Autumn Showers Bring Quiet, Cozy Hours (reading, crafting, etc)
  • Stash Busting October

0 voters

:heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

I received some lovely happy mail from @GeekyBookworm! She sent me one of her beautiful sparkly hummingbird handmade cards (made from her own masterboards!) and an adorable rainbow penguin ATC! Thank you so much! :blush: :penguin: :rainbow:

11 Likes

I received these about two weeks ago:

From @PrincessP a lovely letter and cute extras :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Some stickers and “encourage-mint” from @Amfkinney :grin:

A super surprise supply stash from @Smmarrt (who should join us officially :wink:)

And I just got more Happy Mail today! I’m off to open and enjoy them before snapping pictures :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I’m back with more to share! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

From @LadybugsAndBees a nice note and fun extras :grin: (I love the postcard!)

From @Ewulotta A cute watermelon card and an envelope that was processed upside down :upside_down_face::laughing:

And I got the cutest thank you card from @HeroicHatchling’s daughter :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: you can see it in the Use it or Lose it thread, here

10 Likes

super excited to get happy mail from you and
@LadybugsAndBees !
Barbara, the postcards and sticky notes are fab,
and Cindy, I am thrilled with the outline of a scribble for me to finish by filling in! Very sweet of you to get me over the scribbling hump, LOL

(love the stamps, too! they may make an appearance on a masterboard soon?)

8 Likes

Today I received Happy Mail from @megwell and @LadybugsAndBees.
Thanks again, both of you, for making my day happy!

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

I also received from @LadybugsAndBees adybugandbees the other day. Thank you!

2 Likes

Finally! Here is the fabulously quirky postcard that @susieoregon sent!

And @GeekyBookworm’s awesome panda card and BONUS panda ATC! Lovely work!!

15 Likes

What an adorable panda @GeekyBookworm!!

So much wonderful mail to admire! I love all the quirky and fun things everyone sends :love_letter: :rainbow:

4 Likes

Me too!
I love sending and receiving Happy Mail!

Thanks again @Reinikka for this wonderful initiative!

5 Likes

I feel like you guys give me too much credit :sweat_smile: You guys are the true magic element of the Happy Mail’s success :kissing_heart: I was inspired years ago by seeing other people share random Happy Mail and eventually I started sending my own, then I received some too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: which made me want to send more… Then there were the holiday card exchanges that eventually lead to the craftalong. But it all started because of someone else’s kindness, the generosity of this community, a little bit of bravery from myself by putting myself “out there” more, a little nudging from some LC friends… and it’s success is all because of you wonderful people :heart:

12 Likes