Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

We have a tie!

October’s themes will be…

:drum: :drum: :drum:

:boom: :boom: :boom:

:boom: :boom: :boom:

Autumn Showers Bring Quiet Cozy Hours & Recipe Exchange

Maybe you will use your quiet cozy hours for writing/typing up your favorite recipe? :thinking:

When sharing recipes please keep in mind that some Happy Mailers are under the legal drinking age and some may not drink regardless of age :wink: Similarly, when receiving recipes keep in mind that no one is trying to offend/poison you even if there are ingredients you don’t ingest or are allergic to :wink:

9 Likes

Yeah for the October theme :partying_face:
I’ve started working on the August cards but things are going super slowly. Maybe I’ll skip August. I kinda lost track during July. I still have some July cards here to write :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I skipped July… and may skip August too :stuck_out_tongue: …I still have a stack that I want to go through and respond to with a letter… one of these days I’ll sit down and start! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been so focused on swaps and work that I haven’t had time to make any happy mail for August. Hoping to get some out for next month.

5 Likes

I went crazy sending all those charms out, and now swaps, that I also haven’t made new happy mail. I’d like to send a few, but I haven’t setttled on what or who! Theme? What’s a theme anyway? Lol

6 Likes

Hi I’m Cindy and I’m new to this craftalong!

I’m currently living in the seacoast area of New Hampshire - recently moved here from Reno, NV. I do mostly fabric, fiber and paper art these days having sold of my beloved glass kilns and supplies prior to move. (I will have a glass kiln again someday!!!)
Hence my moniker - ‘heartofglass’ describes me fairly well.
I love the natural world, especially the seacoast and the mountains. I’m open to receiving anything really. I love that people are making things and sharing.
Hoping I can make something that someone else enjoys!
Cindy

11 Likes

Welcome! So happy to have you!

2 Likes

I received some happy mail from @magpie, thank you! :blush:

3 Likes

:tada: Welcome to the Happiest Place on LC (In my ever-so-humble opinion :wink:) :tada:

6 Likes

Hi Cindy!! Lovely to see you in here :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome!

1 Like

welcome!
glad you have joined the craftalong!
I need to get busy sending some more happy mail!

2 Likes

@Renstar, I’m having trouble receiving the magazines you sent me.
Customs keep asking me questions about this ‘package you ordered from the UK’. They even sent me a picture of your package. So now I could confirm to them that I know what’s inside the package, that it’s old magazines and that they are worth nothing, that they are a gift and that I didn’t pay anything for them. I told them to just open the package and check it, if they want to be sure. LOL

3 Likes

Oh that’s so weird, I’m pretty sure I had to put a customs ticket on the envelope that should tell them. But yes, just 1 or 2 old magazines. Nothing of any value.

But it’s also not an order you’ve made, just a friend sending worthless tat!! Aka, very important paper craft stuff

I hope it gets sorted and you receive them soon

4 Likes

Also, I blame stupid Brexit!! So much more effort to post things to EU :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Definitely! Since Brexit any kind of business between the UK and the EU is difficult.
And yes, I already explained to them that it was nothing I ordered, but a gift without value, old magazines, for crafting.
Anyhow, I told them to just open the package, so they can see for themselves what’s inside.
When it finally arrives, I will make a special project out of it! Make it worth all of the hassle.

3 Likes

I can’t even remember if I added a note or anything, but I’m pretty sure I reused packaging and scribbled over old info so that should also give it away!!

It’s definitely not professionally packaged :rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t know why they picked it out.
Marc got a package from the UK the other day with much more valuable content in much more professional packaging. It arrived within three days and did not get held up at customs.
Ah well, it will get here… eventually. LOL

3 Likes

I received Happy Mail from @Edel today!
Thanks again!

3 Likes

I received lovely happy mail from amfkinney and susieoregon. It lifted my spirits after a hard week. Thank you so very much!

5 Likes