Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

adorable! @Magpie – so thoughtful :hugs:
@Lynx I giggle every time you mention Gnome-vember :smiley:

and @LadybugsAndBees I am so sorry to hear about this emergency!! sending you prayers & hugs right now :heart:

2 Likes

My younger DD and I were talking last night after we all got home and she was telling me all the foods he had eaten that day and whooooo boy! I’m not surprised his blood sugar was so high, even with him taking his insulin he’s already prescribed. We were reading about high potassium levels and it all just made sense. My DD is going to talk to the nurse when she visits him later and share what she knows.

5 Likes

That sounds so scary @LadybugsAndBees, what an awful experience! I’ll be thinking of you and keeping your family in my prayers too.

2 Likes

The experience was even more scary because even though I’ve been trained in CPR, some of it flew out of my mind during the moments I needed it.

5 Likes

It sounds like quite a few of us are going through some really tough times. Sending love to you all.

Again I’ve had to cut myself some slack about posting. I’ve received lovely cards from @Amfkinney, @Bugaboo and @jemimah, but the only photo I have is from @BeesKnees (what a great card!)

Thank you all. Oh and an adorable Halloween postcard from @bluebird. I love receiving your cards and letters. :heart:

I took on more responsibility at work and almost immediately went into a depression which I’m slowly trying to claw out of.

11 Likes

:herb: :house_with_garden: :tomato:

Welcome to Gnome-vember

:tomato: :house_with_garden: :herb:

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
Happy November Birthday to @BeesKnees :partying_face:
:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

If you have a November or December birthday and want to be added to the Birthday List let me know! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

December’s theme will be “Out with the old” followed by January “In with the new”. In January I will start a new craftalong thread (just a heads up) and will likely run things differently but the spirit will be the same! :love_letter:

12 Likes

@LadybugsAndBees I’m so sorry to hear that! I’m thinking of all of you. I hope your husband makes a quick recovery and I wish you and your daughters all the best too. It’s absolutely shocking to witness something like this, and I can’t even imagine how hard it is to do CPR on your own husband. It sounds like he was very fortunate that you were around.

3 Likes

I received a cute teapot card from @Bugaboo! I will thoroughly enjoy the tea she included!

6 Likes

@LadybugsAndBees All the hugs and well wishes and positive thoughts from me too my friend!

1 Like

I’ve received a cute lite paper teapot and a tea packet from @Bugaboo and a whole bunch of gifts from @jemimah. Thanks guys!

3 Likes

Update about my DH:

I don’t understand. The cardiac dr said he’s fine. I’m really scared.

6 Likes

If he’s set to be discharged I wouldn’t worry too much (sometimes it takes longer to be discharged than estimated). With a monitor at home I would feel more at ease. But that’s probably easier for me to say than for you to feel :heart: Take care of yourself! Sounds like he’s on the mend :heart:

7 Likes

I agree with @Reinikka, it sounds like due diligence. They probably think he is fine, and maybe this is normal protocol to check on him as he recovers so on the off chance there is something else they can catch it.

3 Likes

Ummmm….they are keeping him after all. I switched places with my daughter visiting him and the cardiac nurse said they are discharging him because all the tests they ran didn’t show anything negative. I took her out in the hallway and explained that I found my husband dead on Sunday and now you’re just going to discharge him??? I got a bunch of blah blah blah.

Not more than 15 minutes later a cardiac dr with the nurse in tow comes in and we all talk and he says that things don’t happen like it did on Sunday and then you just leave the hospital. That he would like to run more tests. He said that in good conscience he could not release him from the hospital now.

I’m grateful for the dr coming when he did.

13 Likes

I received a teapot and tea from @Bugaboo yesterday … thanks Steph, it sounds like yummy tea, which I’ll try soon.

3 Likes

I’ve also received recently from @Bugaboo!

3 Likes

I also received from @Bugaboo and @Cindy !

4 Likes

I received a lovely note from @Lynx mom and a recipe for Jello cookies from @Reinikka

4 Likes

And I received lovely Happy Mail from @Bugaboo!
Thanks again!

2 Likes

And then another one from @Bugaboo – one of the teapots!

5 Likes