Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Ok by me (altho, you’re also welcome to give out my address if you want, and maybe I should post a me-intro since I only did the one for my kid…)

7 Likes

Love the new format! Also, agree with @AIMR about linking to the posts would be super helpful! :blue_heart:

3 Likes

You read my mind. I’ve been wanting to do just that but haven’t sat down to do it :sweat_smile: I’d totally be up for some help if you’re volunteering :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll add you to my list :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll do it and then you just have to copy and paste my post to the front page…on it, great leader!

5 Likes

You can give out my address too @Reinikka but I’m not sure if you have it. I’ll send it to you in a minute!
I’m not sure if I actually wrote an introduction, so here goes.

I’m Imma, I live with Mr. Imma in the Netherlands, in a small old house full of books and records. I was totally born in the wrong era and love all things vintage, especially flower prints. I guess I love colour in general. I have a small collection of 60s and 70s teapots, cups and saucers. When not working or crafting I like gardening and cooking/baking. I love learning new things about the place you are from.

I’m not much of a papercrafter, but I’ll try my best! I might occasionally send a store bought card. I totally love all mail, handmade or not.

7 Likes

What a team! This looks awesome. I really appreciate the address clarity and the links for quickie stalking!

2 Likes

Thank you! I copied the info into a google doc. I’ll update the first post with these later :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I got your incredible mushroom card @Cindy, did you take this photo? What a weird looking 'shroom, I love it!

9 Likes

It made it!!! I’m so glad to know my homemade postcard worked.

Yes, that’s my photo of a mushroom that was growing a few years ago in our Alberta backyard.

8 Likes

I remember picking those doggone things out of my yard in Alberta. I can still remember that mushroom smell from 30 years ago. Cannot dispute that they are cool looking, though!

4 Likes

Ooh, what do they smell like? They look like ghost pine cones. Super weird/wonderful!

3 Likes

It looks like a flower! Is it a shaggy mane variety?

3 Likes

Ummmm… mushroomy? I don’t know how to describe it. It was a loamy kind of smell but I literally picked several trash bags of them out of the yard- serious infestation! The smell actually started to make me somewhat nauseated but I’m sure that had to do more with mushroom overkill and just the overwhelming chore that was… I would have been happy to NEVER see another, at the time. But looking at @Cindy’s photo actually brings back an odd sort of nostalgia! Isn’t that funny?!

7 Likes

Yes it is.

1 Like

I edited the first post again to include “Intro” links to everyone’s introductions If you see any mistakes let me know :slight_smile: Thanks to @AIMR for finding all the intro links for me :heart:

9 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi My mom received from you yesterday and was thrilled.

4 Likes

I checked all the links and they are correct except mine … it links to someone else.

2 Likes

oops…that is my fault…sorry…I wrote it down and then forgot to change it!

@Reinikka - I changed it in my post…change it to post /54 in the link…AWESOME JOB!

3 Likes

I was sorting through a box of things I inherited from my greataunt years ago, and I picked out a pile of brand new vintage cards that I will be sending to you all this week! Not handmade, but hopefully they will make people happy. Most are from the 60s and 70s so it’s about time to send them after half a century in a box.

13 Likes