Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

@Bunny1kenobi My mom received from you yesterday and was thrilled.

4 Likes

I checked all the links and they are correct except mine … it links to someone else.

2 Likes

oops…that is my fault…sorry…I wrote it down and then forgot to change it!

@Reinikka - I changed it in my post…change it to post /54 in the link…AWESOME JOB!

3 Likes

I was sorting through a box of things I inherited from my greataunt years ago, and I picked out a pile of brand new vintage cards that I will be sending to you all this week! Not handmade, but hopefully they will make people happy. Most are from the 60s and 70s so it’s about time to send them after half a century in a box.

13 Likes

Oh, how neat!!

4 Likes

Ok, posting about me-- I’m Ann, in Maryland, I am not a card person but ephemera is fun! I like nature (especially the kind that can be found around where I live-- I try to plant almost exclusively locally native plants to build habitat in my yard) and fun stickers and washi samples and gel pens and silly little paper doll bits and weird papers that are sturdy enough to run through my embroidery machine… My preferred colors are basically anything occurring in nature, especially green; I also have a girly animal & flower loving 8yo who loves pink & gold.

Also of note, I prefer used or thrifted supplies to bought new (including shipping supplies if you’re sending larger envelopes for some reason) and you’re always welcome to regift things I send you if you think someone else would love them more!

For those who are bothered by this, be aware that I will almost certainly not post to the thread about things I have received.

6 Likes

I received one of @aimr’s happy spring cards today and some birdie extras!

Thank you!

9 Likes

So pretty and cheerful!!

3 Likes

Thanks for checking them! I fixed yours :slight_smile:

Thank you for doing the “leg work” :slight_smile: Made for a quick fix on my end

@Immaculata that sounds wonderful! If anyone claims it’s not crafty just say you’re working on your calligraphy :wink: Or that you’re sending paper ephemera in the form of vintage cards :wink:

@thanate Thank you for the intro, I updated your link in the first post :slight_smile:

@everyone - you’re all AWESOME! :heart:

7 Likes

great job on organizing all the info!

5 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: And thank YOU for the link for how to make a table :wink:

4 Likes

I forgot to post this sooner, sorry! @Whistlefish sent me a pen pal letter on this beautiful stationery :heart: She also included some bookmarks, watercolor ATC, and stickers! She put a note on the stickers so I know they’re for my kiddo and not me :wink: thanks! :kissing_heart:

And today I got a beautiful spring card from @AIMR and more stickers for the kid :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: thank you! I was really hoping I’d get one when you posted earlier :wink::kissing_heart:

11 Likes

I received some great happy mail from an IRL friend yesterday! It included chocolate :heart: And Mr Imma told me there’s more mail on the way from the USA - I like it if mail is a surprise but he checks the app every morning.

6 Likes

I wasn’t sure about sending stickers for your kiddo! I remember when I was cleaning up my mom’s house to sell it, she had let the grandkids put stickers up on the bedroom door and the fridge…it took a lot of goo-gone to get them all off…lol…I did not want to add to any unwanted decorating, but I figured maybe he has a sticker book or something…lol

@immaculata…I also check mail every morning to see what is arriving…I am pretty much excited about any mail…well, not the add chemicals to your lawn adverts…

3 Likes

How do you do that? I have to wait for my mail to be delivered before I know.

3 Likes

We have Informed Delivery you can sign up for. It sends you an email with the scans of your envelopes that are coming that day. I’m not sure if Canada has an equivalent.

3 Likes

I can also see how much my hubby is spending at the grocery store even before he gets home from shopping…I have an app that almost instantly shows the use of our debit cards (which is all we every use anymore)…I need an app to message him BEFORE he goes to the state store to buy his beer…lol

2 Likes

I got some happy mail from @bluebird!!

So many lovely vintage stickers, cute washi tape, stamps and ephemera to get creative with - thank you so much!! :smile: :rainbow:

9 Likes

You’re welcome! :blush:

2 Likes

More happy mail!

I received Katie Daisy calendar page from @Whistlefish that came with a lovely letter and a Florida postcard from @bluebird.

In case you were wondering the beaches in Oregon look very different from the beaches in Florida. Ha!

I also received a card from @Lynx’s MIL (there’s those cardinals again!) and one of @AIMR gorgeous spring cards.

Thank you all so much!

6 Likes