Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I always feel like a jerk if I don’t wish someone a Happy Birthday on FB, but I think sending cards will make me feel better about that!

3 Likes

That is the best way to do it. Now that I work from home and with all the virtual meetings (even with friends and family) I find myself craving paper and wanting to be away from the computer.

I don’t mind crossing out addresses and adding new ones. It’s kind of like a history of events.

4 Likes

Me, too…I have worked on computers all my life from the old Wangs to now…I am tired of it and want to do things slower and more organic…I like technology for some things (I have my crafting supplies on searchable spread sheets), but some things, seem appropriate to do by hand for me…and since I am doing snail mail, I think I really like the idea of making a sort of art journal out of my address book idea…I will start with some index tabs made from recycled tags…I can use stickers to highlight certain addresses as well…you guys are so helpful and inspirational…

2 Likes

The address book works for me since I usually write correspondence in bed in the evening, or morning if it’s a weekend. So I have a basket with cards, envelops, stamps and my handy little book of addys right on the side table. It would be another step to have to go to a device and look things up. Maybe if I started printing addresses on labels, I do like hand writing those though.

I have a few envelops with ephemera etc, just working on cards/letters now.

4 Likes

This is why I don’t wish anyone Happy Birthday on Facevook! No one can feel left out if I ignore everyone equally :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Megan in Indiana, USA, here. Lover of books, wordcraft, trivia, and TV sleuths, among other things. A shocking portion of my brain is made up of lyrics/quotes/references, etc. I’ve really enjoyed the Valentine’s exchange, and I’m looking forward to dabbling in happy mail this year.

ETA: I’m not a fan of vulgarity for vulgarity’s sake, but I’m also not opposed to swears used for a good cause :laughing:. (Except the c-word; no time for that.) No phobias – that I know of – but I HATE ants. I can also be sensitive to strong smells.

6 Likes

I’m working on my address system now :slight_smile: It’ll be fairly plain for starters, but I may fancy it up later. I just went through all of my PMs and pulled out every address. Then, I need to find my mini stash of address labels from the Christmas card exchange and add any that I don’t already have in my file. I don’t mind hand writing the envelope addresses, but I hate hand writing them in the address book. I wish I had pretty and fancy handwriting skills!

1 Like

I never made an official “Hi, I’m Alex!” post so here it is:

Hi, I’m Alex! I live in central Ohio, USA. I’m an RN turned SAHM and a wannabe graphic designer during non-COVID times. I love crafting (mostly cross stitch this past year or so) but I like to dabble in everthing. I also love to read and one of my favorite “genres” seems to be late 1800/early 1900 coming-of-age novels. :rofl: Think Little Women and Anne of Green Gables (but honestly, my favorite L.M. Montgomery series is Emily of New Moon). Sometimes it pains me that I’ll never live in that time period. One way I could pretend I’m in it, though, is to sit down and write some letters so that’s what I’ll do.

I love surprise mail so feel free to ask anyone for my address! Or I would be happy to provide it to you myself!

7 Likes

I’m cutting up my coloring books to decorate envelopes.

18 Likes

@Magpie @Renstar @SonjaBoo @megwell @AIMR Will you all please send me your address? I think I have everyone else’s and I’m going to start sending some happy mail this week!

4 Likes

Rein has my address if anybody wants it. I am also listed on Underthemountain’s google sheet that she prepped at the end of c-ster…

1 Like

Hi,
I’m Eva and I live in Germany with my husband and my two kids. I love sending and receiving cards and whenever I find time also letters (which I have done very rarely since the kids were born). The kids and I make some cards every now and then to send them out to family and friends on several occasion - or just to let someone know we’re thinking of him or her. It’s a simple way of bringing happiness to people I think.
Although I’m not very skilled in paper crafts or scrapbooking I like to try and learn different techniques. So I’m looking forward to work on the themes :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I sent some Birthday mail today :partying_face:

13 Likes

I’m jumping on board :smiley:
Please ask Reinikka for my address, that way I will be surprised by any mail sent to me.

I’m Cindy and live in PEI, the smallest province in Canada. We’ve lived here less than a year, having moved across the country to be closer to our two sons and their families (okay, truth be told, to be closer to our two grand daughters)

I’m at stay-at-home wife who likes to quilt, crochet, dabble in paper crafts and bird watch (mostly to photograph them)

I don’t need anything but if you just can’t resist enclosing something, I am collecting alphabet ATCs and penguin ATCs.

8 Likes

You and I are going to have to surprise each other with bird pictures! I just ordered a much nicer camera and lens, so I am going to get much better pictures!

5 Likes

I received some happy mail from @susieoregon today! Really cool to see your collaged flamingos up close!

I also removed the stamps to use later! Thanks…I am working on a batch to send out to everyone!

Oh, and you will be added to my new artsy address book that was inspired by this craftalong…I love the envelope and the sticker! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

My blank notecards came today! I had such plans for sending out mail and so I will be playing some catch up! YAY!

6 Likes

I received a lovely card from @Lynx …one of her bird photos! Thanks…it is lovely!

6 Likes

I also received some happy mail from @Lynx!

I’m so jealous of those brightly colored guys, we don’t have cardinals in Oregon! I also love the background paper. So pretty! Thank you.

6 Likes

They are our state bird!

Yes, I agree…the backgrounds are really pretty!

3 Likes