Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Wheee, all this fantastic mail! And the stamps, oh my gosh, y’all get some really interesting ones.
I received one of @Ewulotta’s pretty watercolour umbrella cards full of news, written in such lovely script too. I’m afraid my handwriting is quite sloppy in comparison. Still legible though, I hope!
Then something arrived from @Reinikka containing not one, but two letters & a whole whack of mushroom & other nifty stamps.
The very next day a lovely Easter card arrived from Rein too!
I’m spoiled rotten lol.
I sent out a bunch of cards myself & a big package of ephemera to @audity , let’s hope the 2 rounds before this all start to show up soon… Canadian mail is a mystery these days. Where does it go to limbo-lounge for 2 + months?

4 Likes

I received some happy mail from @Cindy! She decorated the envie with cute little birdie and mushroom stamps and inside was one of her lovely mushroom cards! And she included a sweet little birdie paper clip, which I love! Thank you so much, @Cindy! :blush: :bird: :mushroom: :love_letter:

5 Likes

Yay, I’m so glad it’s arrived! And that you like it. Oh yeah and that it was a surprise :grinning:

Happy spring happy mail

1 Like

I got two envelopes of happy mail from the lovely and talented @Reinikka!!

A gorgeous mushroom March card and a fabulous piece of vintage bicycle art!! The art is for the 4 x 6 swap, but I thought anyone who didn’t get to admire it on that thread would enjoy seeing it here. Thanks so much!

11 Likes

That purple mushroom card is :purple_heart:

1 Like

Now that I’m caught up on all this happiness

My Intro: Hi Im Steph I live currently in upstate NY have lived a lot of places and countries wound up here. Its a beautiful area just economically depressed.
I currently work in healthcare (not clinical not a nurse I’m a project manager) the last year has been CRAZY!
Crafts I do: spin, knit, crochet including Tunisian, weaving, sew, quilt, cross stitch, Cricut, resin, try “jewelry” making more like accessories usually for the above mentioned crafts, make basic soap and lotions, learning rug hooking and needle punch - mhmm too much!
Things I enjoy: Houseplants but not gardening (you have my address if you would just love to come garden! I won’t refuse and I’ll feed you) Past life as a chef and restaurant owner so I cook and bake a lot and do home canning. Home remodeling I can’t paint a picture but I love painting walls. I love color! Just color lots of it all together is fine, can be a rainbow but doesn’t have to be. I am drawn to art work with a lot of bright un colors and interesting subject matters.
The basics I live with my partner in a home that’s a constant project. I have 5 kids but 3 are adults from 24-30 and then 7 yr old b/g twins. 1 old cranky cat who is 19 and we just adopted a puppy (on 2/14) Hudson who is 6mo and 50lbs already! We’re working hard on life skills like not eating mommies shoes, not trying to put the cats head in ones mouth and not eating mommies vintage wool rug ggrrr

I look forward to getting more happy mail on out to everyone!!

Edited to add: I don’t eat sugar or grains, not even honey or maple syrup etc. No need to send candy but if you do the kids eat it

11 Likes

Cut up some more practice pages from our art zooms!

From this to…

These…
20210401_104141

15 Likes

Beautiful! It’s amazing how much energy and vibrancy the rich backgrounds give to each piece!

2 Likes

Thanks…it seems each background sort of speaks to me about what needs to be drawn on top…sure makes it easy when they match the themes! lol

I just ordered a lot more stamps! I just love the stamps and after seeing what I was getting from you guys, the old red, white and blue was just not cutting it! lol…Should be sent to me within the next week or so…

5 Likes

I got lovely happy mail today, flamingo loveliness from @AIMR and wonderful goodies from @bluebird

5 Likes

I received from @Lynx yesterday. Beautiful photo Laura!

8 Likes

Me too … I knew Canada had nice stamps, just couldn’t find them locally, so I ordered online. Lots of smaller denominations to equal what I need.

5 Likes

@Cindy I will never tire of your mushroom photos. Never. :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

8 Likes

I made my very first masterboard following the tutorials by @Reinikka, @geekgirl and @Magpie because I needed something for my May theme cards…

First I wasn’t quite happy with the masterboard but now that I have cut the circles I like how it turned out.

13 Likes

I too have been following tutorials and that I have made a mess!! I accidentally bought a gelli plate and because we have a bank holiday I’ve been playing

Can’t wait to turn these into something.

10 Likes

You guys!!! Great stuff…I am having too much fun making a mess and then it is true, when cut smaller, it is magic!

So many things can be done…love them all and can’t wait to see what you do!

Have fun!

4 Likes

They are gorgeous!

2 Likes

I can’t find the photos I took last summer but more will start growing so I’ll be on the lookout :smiley:

3 Likes

@Ewulotta those are beautiful!!!

@Renstar I also recently started using a gelli plate. They are fun and so user friendly :smile: Although I still haven’t perfected using stencils… My son likes to use it too, his favorite tool is a plastic fork :grin: You’re look awesome!

2 Likes

@Reinikka, the gelli plate is so cool - I think it was you that inspired me to buy it!!

I also copied @Ewulotta and made circles, then a moody tree with the offcuts, I shared it here:

https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/snapshot-what-are-you-working-on-today/627/4917?u=renstar

6 Likes