Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I’m cutting up my coloring books to decorate envelopes.

18 Likes

@Magpie @Renstar @SonjaBoo @megwell @AIMR Will you all please send me your address? I think I have everyone else’s and I’m going to start sending some happy mail this week!

4 Likes

Rein has my address if anybody wants it. I am also listed on Underthemountain’s google sheet that she prepped at the end of c-ster…

1 Like

Hi,
I’m Eva and I live in Germany with my husband and my two kids. I love sending and receiving cards and whenever I find time also letters (which I have done very rarely since the kids were born). The kids and I make some cards every now and then to send them out to family and friends on several occasion - or just to let someone know we’re thinking of him or her. It’s a simple way of bringing happiness to people I think.
Although I’m not very skilled in paper crafts or scrapbooking I like to try and learn different techniques. So I’m looking forward to work on the themes :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I sent some Birthday mail today :partying_face:

13 Likes

I’m jumping on board :smiley:
Please ask Reinikka for my address, that way I will be surprised by any mail sent to me.

I’m Cindy and live in PEI, the smallest province in Canada. We’ve lived here less than a year, having moved across the country to be closer to our two sons and their families (okay, truth be told, to be closer to our two grand daughters)

I’m at stay-at-home wife who likes to quilt, crochet, dabble in paper crafts and bird watch (mostly to photograph them)

I don’t need anything but if you just can’t resist enclosing something, I am collecting alphabet ATCs and penguin ATCs.

8 Likes

You and I are going to have to surprise each other with bird pictures! I just ordered a much nicer camera and lens, so I am going to get much better pictures!

5 Likes

I received some happy mail from @susieoregon today! Really cool to see your collaged flamingos up close!

I also removed the stamps to use later! Thanks…I am working on a batch to send out to everyone!

Oh, and you will be added to my new artsy address book that was inspired by this craftalong…I love the envelope and the sticker! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

My blank notecards came today! I had such plans for sending out mail and so I will be playing some catch up! YAY!

6 Likes

I received a lovely card from @Lynx …one of her bird photos! Thanks…it is lovely!

6 Likes

I also received some happy mail from @Lynx!

I’m so jealous of those brightly colored guys, we don’t have cardinals in Oregon! I also love the background paper. So pretty! Thank you.

6 Likes

They are our state bird!

Yes, I agree…the backgrounds are really pretty!

3 Likes

@aimr @susieoregon Thank you!! I just bought more cards and I have more pictures. Now that I have a new camera, I’ll have to order new prints from it, too!

Some of the cardinals we have in our backyard have extraordinarily striking colors – and I am not a fan of red!

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m a little late to joining the group, although I’ve been following along :wink:

For those of you who don’t already know me, my name is Lauren and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I am a primary school teacher - Grade 2 this year. I’ve just moved to the Catholic system after working in public education for 15 years - not being a Catholic myself there are some very new things for me! :sweat_smile: I am so lucky to have a large sewing and crafting studio, and enough supplies to last a life time! I love craft swaps and making gifts for those I care about. Tailoring what I make to suit the recipient brings me so much joy!

I just LOVE happy mail and would love to be a part of sending and receiving some :slight_smile: Please PM me for my address if you would like to exchange some mail :slight_smile: I’ll also provide my address to @Reinikka if surprises are more your thing.

I am also looking for some old school penpals, if that’s something you’d be interested in too?

Thanks friends! xx

10 Likes

hey guys, I’m am joining in the fun.
I am not much for writing long letters but I do enjoy sending and receiving happy mail.

I had a lot of fun making Valentine cards so if there is anyone who wants a St. Patricks day card from me, let me know! I plan on working on them this week.

7 Likes

@AIMR @susieoregon @Lynx I love cardinals! They are frequent visitors to our bird bath in our back yard. :blush: Have you all seen the rare yellow cardinal? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi, everyone! :slight_smile: I would like to join in too. :blush:

I am from Florida and I enjoy happy mail! :blush: I love birds, art, books, coffee, sparkly/glittery things, keys, Harry Potter, fantasy. I would be happy with anything, but if you would like ideas some things I enjoy are artsy things like ATCs, inchies, decorated envie mail art etc. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I received some Happy Mail along with my ATC claim from @Whistlefish (look at that stunning penmanship!)

And one of @susieoregon’s flamingos!

I’m feeling seriously spoiled over here :heart:

I’ve been busy with swaps lately and have let my letter writing dwindle… I’ll try to write back to each of you soon!

13 Likes

I sent out some surprise happy mail today, including to someone I hope we will someday see find her way back to hanging out with us here…(@mandykaye I’m looking at you! I hope you’re at the same address.)

5 Likes

:notes:Ohhhhh, here’s the mail that never fails!
It makes me wanna wag my tail!
When it comes I want to wail “Maaaaaaaaail!”:notes:

Does anyone else sing the Blues Clues mail song all the time? I legit still remember it from a kid. I love that dang song.

Anyway, my special occasion for singing this song today: sending out two little tidbits of mail to two lucky people! Who will they be?! Is it coming to you?!

7 Likes