Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

@Ewulotta those are beautiful!!!

@Renstar I also recently started using a gelli plate. They are fun and so user friendly :smile: Although I still haven’t perfected using stencils… My son likes to use it too, his favorite tool is a plastic fork :grin: You’re look awesome!

2 Likes

@Reinikka, the gelli plate is so cool - I think it was you that inspired me to buy it!!

I also copied @Ewulotta and made circles, then a moody tree with the offcuts, I shared it here:

https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/snapshot-what-are-you-working-on-today/627/4917?u=renstar

6 Likes

I received happy mail from @Ewulotta — one of her beautiful ‘learn to dance in the rain’ heart umbrella cards! It’s lovely, thank you so much! :umbrella: :blue_heart:

3 Likes

I received a very pretty jellyfish postcard from @saintcady today! She didn’t draw it, but colored it in and included a nice quote on the back. Thank you! What a special thing to come home to!

(Sorry for bad photo quality. I use a resize app to help with photo data size and sometimes it really changes the quality too.)

20210402_181519_resize_2

10 Likes

our neighbour Jan received this lovely mail from @jemimah.
She’s so impressed with the generous & beautiful items you sent. She said it made her “want to get crafty”, that’s about the best complement ever!

10 Likes

FYI (sorry I’m a few days late)

:birthday:

Our April Birthdays are @bluebird & @Bugaboo

And May will be @PhoenixFireDesigns Birthday

6 Likes

happy belated bday! (@AIMR)
I just noticed that you are a March baby, like me!
and while I’m posting, I’ll go ahead & try to get my photos put up…
let’s see…

@Lynx == amazing bird photography & I think the bunny was from you as well? (I have mixed everything up at this point, oh dear!)
@AIMR == pretty flamingo!
@Reinikka = lovely bday card
@bluebird = FL postcard as well as another card with an assortment of stickers & other goodies! yay!
@susieoregon – the card is so cute, and I had forgotten how much I enjoy Emily Dickinson! I need to start reading her each day to get reacquainted! Thank you for spurring me on to infuse my soul with poetry :heart_decoration: And I can’t wait to try the tea~

hopefully I’m not leaving anyone out!
Happy spring, y’all! :white_flower:

@Cindy – thanks for the adorable paper clip!

8 Likes

yikes!
that is some major renovation, @Edel !
good luck with all of it~

1 Like

I also count myself in the group that would rather read paper books than e-books :slight_smile:
(obviously very late to comment here! LOL)

2 Likes

fantastic!

1 Like

glad you filed a complaint – that is definitely a big problem, in my opinion!
I had to giggle @ your comment about the crazy lady in slippers…sounds like something I would do!

2 Likes

I’ve done so much research on Emily in the last two years I should get college credits. She was a avid botanist. I’m obsessed with her herbarium.

I’m glad you liked the card. :heart:

3 Likes

Someone stole @bluebird’s most excellent idea.

11 Likes

Yay! I really enjoyed making something for her :smile:

Here’s a closer pic of the owl…

Maybe we can coax her to join us here on lettuce!

11 Likes

I’ve been working on her!

4 Likes

The owl is fantastic! I think I am going to start sending a little more something to people…I have a ton of stuff I like to make, so it would be nice to send it off and not keep every thing!

The more the merrier joining us in this happy mail saga!

7 Likes

I received a very pretty mushroom March spring card from @aimr!

I love it! Thank you!

13 Likes

That card is super cute @AIMR!

2 Likes

I hadn’t checked the mail in a few days so I had another beautiful break in my evening to open up everything I got :heart: For the craftalong I got some mail from far away @Ewulotta and from less far away @Whistlefish :kissing_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you both!

And watch out miss @Whistlefish, you may have opened a Pandora’s box of Lord of the Rings trivia :wink: Or at least a letter-full in the near future! Ha! :smile:

@Ewulotta I love the little drawing on your envelope as well as the beautiful card, I feel so lucky to have one! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I spent the morning reading and wiping tears from my eyes…how can a simple thing like a a bit of encouragement or a shared piece of life bring out so much emotion?

Thank you for this happy mail day…I am going to take loads of pictures and thank each person as I re-read and hang up my lovely cards on this special day of starting new with joy…

12 Likes