Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

FYI - June themes poll closes tomorrow!

Vote Now!

Now start brainstorming July themes :wink: I think if we can have themes about two months in advance that would be good. So tell me your ideas, I’ll keep notes, and the first week of each month I can set up a fancy poll for the month two away (so May’s poll will decide July’s theme… June’s poll will be for August… etc)

3 Likes

What about a “use your stash” month where people specifically make their cards from what they have on hand? This could be a prompt for any future month, not just July.

7 Likes

too many bottomless drinks yesterday LOL so catching up with all that came Friday and Saturday

@susieoregon sent a lovely post card with pressed flowers on the back but it won’t let me upload the flower image ggrrr I have to run into the office so no time to resize .

a beautiful birthday card from @Reinikka with an inspirational quote inside

a very lovely letter from @Magpie and yes I’d always love ephemera!!!

and a great card from @AIMR you brighten my day with your stories!!! and yes eating cake your entire birthday month should totally be a thing!

7 Likes

lol so glad you had a lovely birthday!

1 Like

I got a lovely letter from @magpie! But here is the “happy”…for some reason, also known as good luck!, none of the beautiful stamps were cancelled! I am going to use them in a project! I love insects!

6 Likes

Okay! I’m jumping in! A little bit about me!
I’m Pam. I live in Portland, OR with my three monster dogs and my husband. I started back to school last September. I’m studying Computer Science with emphasize on Cybersecurity (hacking, forensic). I love the beach, my backyard, summer, fall. All things Halloween make me happy. I love to garden and redecorate. I change my house up according to the season and holiday. I’m a huge tea person. I have a cup of coffee in the morning then tea the remainder of the day. I have a tea cabinet that I decorate every month.

I love snail mail and keep cards and art around my desk and on my mantle. It is nice to look up and see the love!

I am always up for an adventure (just ask @AIMR!).

Oh! And I love birds of all kinds-backyard and crows are my favorites. I could sit in my backyard and just watch the little finches all day long. My crow family is back for “baby” season.

10 Likes

Cool! My 2nd child is in school for CS more an emphasis on traditional programming and GUI. I am a computer engineer so did a lot with C++ pre healthcare days and I live with a data base programmer…its. great field!

2 Likes

Hey, I live with a data base programmer too! Weird…

@AIMR, those stamps look like they met some sandpaper on their way to you wow. The mail’s gettin’ rough!

2 Likes

Yeah…but they are intact and lovely!

You guys, I must be ancient…I remember programming with Fortran on old punch cards…lol…but, at least now I am retired and happily benefiting from all the new technology everyone is bringing to us! Computers are here to stay and move us forward but we have a lot of catching up to do…

2 Likes

And our June Theme is…

:drum: :drum: :drum:

:musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:

:musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:

:rocket: :crescent_moon: June to the Moon :star: :ringer_planet:

:tada: :tada: :tada:

7 Likes

nope I learned fortran as my first official language and remember cards though I am to young to have actually programmed them my mother worked in a company I was in often and I recall the dismay when a box of cards got knocked and someone hadn’t numbered them!!!

So oddly enough I had 2 pieces of happy mail returned…one for no reason? One has a return label I think its where I forgot to add the apt # but the other looks like they just delivered it back to my house!

2 Likes

The mail is still whacko…but at least they returned them and didn’t trash them!

2 Likes

What does ‘June to the Moon’ even mean?
I’ll need ideas

2 Likes

lol

I think it’s space themed? @AIMR suggested it!

There’s the proof!

I’m brainstorming something space-ish… stars and stuff. Maybe? We’ll see if my plans actually work :laughing:

In today news - I had to buy dog food and wouldn’t you know it, there’s a Joann’s right next door to the pet food store! Well by golly I just had to go in :wink: and now I have plans for more May flowers! :partying_face: So if it works I’ll have two card designs for May! Yay me! lol

4 Likes

Space/moon/stars/planets or whatever! lol

3 Likes

lol… we posted at the same time :rofl:

2 Likes

interesting!
I love hearing random facts like these~

and @Bugaboo, that bird house card is amazing!
also, belated Happy Birthday!!
:cake:

2 Likes

that is hysterical!!
definitely the epitome of happy mail when it makes you LOLOLOL
way to go, @Reinikka!!

3 Likes

I’m one of those weird people that will go out of my way for a joke… I’ve bought a few gag gifts for my husband over the years and sometimes the gift is given too late because he’s already forgot the joke associated with it :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you @magpie for my sweet note! Did your neighbor ever get my card? I need to write again anyway.

1 Like