Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Finally! Here is the fabulously quirky postcard that @susieoregon sent!

And @GeekyBookworm’s awesome panda card and BONUS panda ATC! Lovely work!!

15 Likes

What an adorable panda @GeekyBookworm!!

So much wonderful mail to admire! I love all the quirky and fun things everyone sends :love_letter: :rainbow:

4 Likes

Me too!
I love sending and receiving Happy Mail!

Thanks again @Reinikka for this wonderful initiative!

5 Likes

I feel like you guys give me too much credit :sweat_smile: You guys are the true magic element of the Happy Mail’s success :kissing_heart: I was inspired years ago by seeing other people share random Happy Mail and eventually I started sending my own, then I received some too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: which made me want to send more… Then there were the holiday card exchanges that eventually lead to the craftalong. But it all started because of someone else’s kindness, the generosity of this community, a little bit of bravery from myself by putting myself “out there” more, a little nudging from some LC friends… and it’s success is all because of you wonderful people :heart:

12 Likes

Yep, all of that is true and yet, YOU started this thread! Yay!

6 Likes

I feel like @magpie told me to :laughing: but I can’t remember for sure… she’s often the little angel on my shoulder nudging me along :wink:

9 Likes

@Magpie is our LC angel!
Okay, let me rephrase that: Magpie is one of our LC angels!

7 Likes

I’m currently working on August themed stationery and writing the notes in the July themed cards.

I’m hoping things-G-d willing-will calm down starting September. My 17 yo will be getting a job and going to night school. DH and 19 yo daughter have an appointment this month to talk with college FA so hopefully she will be taking classes.

My brother was here for his second visit with me from this past Saturday afternoon till Tuesday morning. It was so much fun showing him places on LI that he had not seen before, even though he used to live here. He has plans to visit again next month. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And DH….(Thank you G-d!) is having his last two chemo treatments tomorrow and next week! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to those of you that sent him cards or jokes or prayed for him.

10 Likes

Ummm…I have a request that I hope isn’t too much to ask.

I want to make a list of the people I’ve sent cards to already so I can send cards to different people next time. If you’ve received a card from me as part of this Happy Mail group, could you please reply and let me know? I’d really appreciate it. TYSM

(I’ll start the list with the ones I’m sure of. )

Bea G.
Lynx2Lancer
Reinakka
Kayrun
Homerof2

3 Likes

You can do a search, click the magnifying glass at the top right. Then type your user name into the search bar that pops up & click beside “search this topic”.
You’ll see your posts too but scroll through for mentions by other people. This will be easier that trying to track multiple replies.

Here, click this:

https://forum.lettucecraft.com/search?context=topic&context_id=10471&q=Ladybugsandbees&skip_context=false

4 Likes

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Said in my most motherly voice … when someone compliments you, you’re supposed to just say thank you …

5 Likes

Thank you @madebyBeaG :kissing_heart:

And thank you @Cindy for reminding me to work on my gratitude :heart:

6 Likes

glad things are on an even keel for you & your family!
I will say a prayer for the last 2 chemo treatments for you hubby
:heart:

3 Likes

I received some more happy mail! :blush: :love_letter:

@jemimah sent a sweet little birdie envie with a letter, a cute little house (says ‘grateful’) and a beautiful birdie artwork! Thank you! :blush:

@Cindy sent one of her wonderful photo cards of an adorable robin taking a bath!! SO cute!! And yes, so perfect for me! :smiley: She also sent a cute little foot paper clip and the envie has some great stickers on it too! And I loved your picnic themed ones! :smiley: Thank you! :blush:

@LadybugsAndBees sent a cute floral card with a lot of little goodies…postcards, stickers, a photo and some stamps! Thank you! :blush:

8 Likes

Thank you so much! I am so grateful.

1 Like

I’m super behind in posting this happy mail I got from @Renstar this week.

Thank you!

11 Likes

oh! what a cool use of masterboards!

4 Likes

We have a tie!

October’s themes will be…

:drum: :drum: :drum:

:boom: :boom: :boom:

:boom: :boom: :boom:

Autumn Showers Bring Quiet Cozy Hours & Recipe Exchange

Maybe you will use your quiet cozy hours for writing/typing up your favorite recipe? :thinking:

When sharing recipes please keep in mind that some Happy Mailers are under the legal drinking age and some may not drink regardless of age :wink: Similarly, when receiving recipes keep in mind that no one is trying to offend/poison you even if there are ingredients you don’t ingest or are allergic to :wink:

9 Likes

Yeah for the October theme :partying_face:
I’ve started working on the August cards but things are going super slowly. Maybe I’ll skip August. I kinda lost track during July. I still have some July cards here to write :see_no_evil:

5 Likes