Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Catching up is nearly impossible! It’s even hard to keep up with posting pictures of all the mail I’ve received… Here are some more that I don’t think I’ve posted.

Some of the extra’s. I also got two bookmarks but those are already where they belong, in books!

6 Likes

Seeing them all together is so lovely…it feels good to welcome rain and the flowers they bring!

2 Likes

When the floor is rebuilt in the basement & I can move back in, I have display ideas for cards… Some I set aside to recycle into art projects & any letters got saved to read again.
People have nicer hand writing than me. This is good practice for improving :wink:

1 Like

Just jump in! :wink: There is so much chatter in this thread it would take you a long while to read it all! lol. I have links in the first post to jump to everyone’s “about me”/intro, after that just join in the chatty mail fun :smile:

3 Likes

This is really also a great source for learning and inspiration! And, crafting supply purchasing…ooops…

I need glitter paper now and embossing stuff…lol

3 Likes

Yes, some people have such nice handwriting! I can do that, too, but I need to pay attention and I tend to ramble on in letters and then suddenly it’s barely legible. It’s good to write by hand more often.

1 Like

@megwell @aimr @magpie yep! I’ll split them between the three of you! Sadly I didn’t win. :sob:

1 Like

My mom loved BINGO…she won a lot…she also loved to gamble… lol

2 Likes

I went to my Mum’s yesterday, she has been able to re-open her pub. But it’s England, in April, we’re only allowed to sit outside so it gets a bit chilly. I spent a long time working on my layers!!
So forgot to post my latest joys.

Thanks @susieoregon & @bluebird for my latest treasures. I love the different nik-naks people send, they’re so cute.

Susie, thanks for the tea-bag - I passed that to a friend who is an avid tea drinker because I forget I’ve been caffeine free for just over a year. I assumed it was caffeinated tea because of the ingredients. It was so pretty and I wanted to keep it for that reason, but I am trying to be sensible!

I also love these postcards that you can get from your areas, I don’t think I’ve seen anything like that here, so I’m going to try and work in some of our history, there is tons that is quite fascinating around Bristol, England.

7 Likes

When we can travel again, Bristol is certainly near the top of our list! I’ve been visiting the UK my whole life and I’m slowly introducing Mr. Imma to your country now. Neither of us have been to the Southwest, and he has never been to Wales. I still remember the first time I went across the bridge as a kid. It was magical.

2 Likes

There is so much history and beauty in the SouthWest, you should definitely visit. And Wales is lush and now there are no tolls on the Severn Bridge. I semi-lived there when I first moved back down south because it was easier for work.

I can recommend a great campsite and pub in Somerset if you have a car to travel around the sites. (Disclaimer: My Mum owns it :wink: )

And obviously, if your schedule allows you must get in touch!!!

I’m so looking forward to being able to travel again.

3 Likes

Cannot wait to use this rainbow bookmark. Thanks again, Susie!

6 Likes

Ok, I can’t be the only one who read that as, “… and now there are no trolls on the Severn Bridge…” can I? Clearly I need to get out into the real world more. Haha.

This thread makes me so happy. I’ve just been reading along since you all started, and I love it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I cannot guarantee no trolls!!!

3 Likes

Somehow magical creatures always feel close in Wales! Maybe it’s the language?

One of the things we love about the UK is the pub culture so when the pandemic is finally over, 10 years from now or so, we would definitely want to visit your mum’s pub! We don’t drive, but so far we’ve always managed to get everywhere in the UK by train/bus/walking. Travelling that way takes you to great places!

2 Likes

FYI - June themes poll closes tomorrow!

Vote Now!

Now start brainstorming July themes :wink: I think if we can have themes about two months in advance that would be good. So tell me your ideas, I’ll keep notes, and the first week of each month I can set up a fancy poll for the month two away (so May’s poll will decide July’s theme… June’s poll will be for August… etc)

3 Likes

What about a “use your stash” month where people specifically make their cards from what they have on hand? This could be a prompt for any future month, not just July.

7 Likes

too many bottomless drinks yesterday LOL so catching up with all that came Friday and Saturday

@susieoregon sent a lovely post card with pressed flowers on the back but it won’t let me upload the flower image ggrrr I have to run into the office so no time to resize .

a beautiful birthday card from @Reinikka with an inspirational quote inside

a very lovely letter from @Magpie and yes I’d always love ephemera!!!

and a great card from @AIMR you brighten my day with your stories!!! and yes eating cake your entire birthday month should totally be a thing!

7 Likes

lol so glad you had a lovely birthday!

1 Like

I got a lovely letter from @magpie! But here is the “happy”…for some reason, also known as good luck!, none of the beautiful stamps were cancelled! I am going to use them in a project! I love insects!

6 Likes