Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

ah, that makes sense (and fits since this is a very small town)

3 Likes

Alright crafting up the happy mail officially now. Everyone I send to this round is going to get an extra item. Elliott (the kid) crafted up a little something for each one.

I’m hoping to have everything ready to ship by Monday.

13 Likes

I’ve been working on a new batch of happy mail, too!

6 Likes

Have just posted some happy mail into this yellow German post box. This is the usual way to do it here. I don’t know if it’s different in more rural areas.

12 Likes

Hello everyone! I have a handful of happy mail to send on Monday!

I need my DD to show me how to post photos and then I’ll post what I’ve received.

I know I’ve mentioned needing fabric for DH’s quilt. I messed up on the square measurements. I need 6” x 6” pieces. (I forgot to allow for the seam allowance. )

TYSM!

7 Likes

I received a letter from @susieoregon with one of her pretty pressed flowers on the front and inside was also a pretty Amy Brown card! :blush: Thank you! What kind of flower is this? is it a blue/purple daffodil? I’ll write back soon! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yay!! I’m glad you received it. I’m not sure what the flower is, but it does kinda look like a daffodil, smaller though and not as juicy (very thin stem). It’s some kind of wildflower, I found a patch of them on a nature trail with Pilot a few weeks ago. There was also a two toned pink/maroon one that is still drying out in the press. They have multiple blooms on the stems.

Does anybody know what these are? I should have got a photo while it was fresh.

5 Likes

@susieoregon - Did it look like this before pressed?

If so, then I have always called them Aquilegia, but I think they may also be called Columbine

7 Likes

Ding, ding, ding! That is it! Thank you. They are all over Fanno Creek Trail (in Portland, OR) right now. They are really lovely.

I didn’t have anything to include with my cards so I’ve been working on my version of ATC’s using some amazing papers I received from @calluna (they are gorgeous!)

11 Likes

Columbines grew all over my property! They come in all sorts of lovely colors! How gorgeous!

I am behind in sending out mail but I will have plenty of time soon to do nothing but write to people!

7 Likes

Received from @Bugaboo!

I don’t know whether you can see the dimensionality in that photo, so here’s one at an awkward angle to show it off:

Oh, and I’m pleased to report that the envelope was completely intact.

15 Likes

I also received from @Bugaboo! Such a pretty card; it definitely made me happy!

I thought I’d have my first round of happy mail done today but I think I might have been a wee bit ambitious. It’s more likely it’ll got out early next week. Hopefully before Wednesday.

7 Likes

I’ve been working on and off the last couple days on June cards and am really happy with how they’re coming out! I’m planning to mail some internationally this time so I need to do some research on international postage. This craftalong is so fun!

3 Likes

If you go to the first post, there is some information already researched.

4 Likes

I received a pretty May card from @bugaboo a couple days ago, too. Many thanks!

5 Likes

I lost track at the beginning of the month who I had sent May flower cards to. I just sent more and will have to wait and see if I duplicated anyone :smiley:

4 Likes

haha I do that too I keep a spread sheet so I highlight someone after I have addressed the envelop and stuffed it, or at least I tell myself I do but then check and invariably I forgot to highlight someone!!!

So happy everyones is receiving mine…commercial cards and envelops they better stay intact!

6 Likes

So…you all are going to find out how weird I really am when this happy mail of mine is finally sent and received. Just warning you in advance. I explained to my partner what I was sending and he just looked at me and said, “I think you’ve been stuck in the house with me for too long; that’s something I would say.”

And then the kid piped in with, “Nah, dad, mom’s always been this weird.” :laughing:

15 Likes

I just finished coloring a postcard that has illustrated goat pee on it so…

6 Likes

I think you may both be about to discover what good company you are really in here :crazy_face:

4 Likes