Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I managed to get a few more May cards out (and one early June extra :wink:)… I still have a few more to send and while they might not be delivered before May is over I hope to at least have them sent! :sweat_smile:

And I received a ton of happy mail Today!

From @bluebird a June to the Moon card, so cute! Extra stickers! And an early Birthday card that I tore right into :grin:

A lovely card from @kittykill :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A mini card (so cute) and stickers from @saintcady :kissing_heart: along with a park suggestion if I ever am in her area :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

A beautiful May flower from @photojenn :heart_eyes:

April Showers and May Flowers from @Bugaboo :grin:

Thank you all!!! I’m not doing them justice here but I truly love everything :heart::heart::heart::kissing_heart:

8 Likes

I agree…you have to do these in small batches and it is not necessary to send to everyone at the same time…I go in cycles as well…some days, I feel more “chatty” and others, I just want to say “hi”…this is low stress, mega fun, so do what makes you happy!

4 Likes

I just got so excited about the moon theme :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve started working on my June cards but they are all going to be different and I won’t have nearly enough for everyone! I think I made too many cards for May since I still haven’t sent them all :sweat_smile: I want to send to everyone every time but I know that’s just a little too much for me :joy:

FYI Yall I’ll be setting up a poll for August’s theme in about a week. Let me know if you have a theme suggestion! Post here or send me a message :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Remember all, this is supposed to be low stress! Nobody but you knows what you were planning so it’s no worries if you change your mind part way. Nobody will be sad about a themed card coming later either, I’d love receiving anything I’ve seen so far.
I’ve been writing a card or 2 every day or 2 and that’s been fun transcribing my thoughts of the moment. I carry around the recently received & respond to questions & themes. It’s like a nice long distance chat. I am going to type a newsletter to send out in bulk with some art cards, just to save my hands from all the writing. & tossed your eyes from all my writing too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

:heart:

But what if I love stress? :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

…I’m not stressed though. I just think it’s funny that I had so many May cards done and ready then took forever to send them out :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I leave for the day and come back to 33 new replies on this thread! I have my stack of June cards beside me. I sent out 2 yesterday, I have a few written out, but nothing more, and the rest trying to decide who gets 'em. I wish I could send to everyone always, but that can’t be the case.

@StationerySandwich I was trying to message you from my phone this morning, but I was having issues. If you’d kindly send me your address, you’ll get one of my June cards!

You really have found the absolute best place on the internet!

5 Likes

Oh yes, another Canadian :smiley::canada::smiley:

Welcome, you’ve joined a great, crafty, crazy group and you’ll never regret finding us.

My hubby and I moved from Alberta to PEI several months ago, otherwise we would have been neighbours. I love the story behind your user name (yes, I read your entire profile)

5 Likes

Found some happiness in my mailbox from @kittykill and @Bugaboo today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

oh no…ANOTHER crazy Canadian…just what we need! lol

I must say, our Northern neighbors have been a real joy on this thread and many others…the more the merrier!

Hey, also hope to see you, @Cindy at our next Zoom in June…y’all comin’ or ain’t cha?

4 Likes

I sent out my first happy mail, yesterday! I’m really excited to see what they think of them!

Also welcome @StationerySandwich!

7 Likes

I received happy mail from @Magpie and happy birthday cards from both @Magpie and @Reinikka !
Thanks again!

Also, I’m still getting cards and paper ephemera for the Use it or Lose it thread, that I’d like to count as Happy Mail too! So far I received from @Bunny1kenobi, @Renstar, @calluna and @geekgirl !
Thanks again!

(Don’t forget to check the Use it or Lose it thread for stuff that is up for grabs!
I know I still have lots of things I want to give away.)

I hope to make/send Happy Mail in the future too. Just don’t hold your breath for it.
I have a limited amount of active hours in a day and for now I’m focusing on my creative writing and my Blog.

4 Likes

I got some awesome happy mail from @susieoregon, @Reinikka, @kittykill, @Magpie, and @Bugaboo !!! What a haul! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I got two envelopes today that I can’t open until my work is done (I think one from @Ewulotta ) and I got a few last week as well! I haven’t taken pictures in a while but I will. I have six or seven cards ready to write tonight and send tomorrow.

2 Likes

I got a lovely one from @Bugaboo today, it’s really fresh, springlike and pretty… Thank you :flamingo:

5 Likes

@Reinikka so glad they both got there after I addressed your April card wrong UGH!!!

2 Likes

Right now I have them hanging in the kitchen window near the deck with my fun summer solar bobble heads you know I enjoy. What to do with them??? I am not sure yet!
I have a large envelope started from the mask making endeavors. So for those that don’t know when COVID started last March I organized a small group who all had varying levels of supplies. I spent huge amounts of time driving thousands of miles collecting it all, washing and ironing material, cutting it all down, bagging up what we called precut bags full of material, elastic and thread then delivering it to homes fo people to sew. I would then go out and collect all the finished masks and take them to centralized drop points. In this I coordinated a lot of local agencies in hospitals in getting cleaners set up, drop locations and more. The groups still going strong a year later.
In that process organizations we donated to would send so much, cards of thanks, gift cards to help off set costs, I even got some old elastic found in one of the tunnels of the abandoned and more than likely haunted Asylum! Then as the group transitioned from healthcare donations to school and child centered donations a lot of the groups had the kids write thank you letters usually drawings and words of thanks for their masks. I have kept it all! I also participated and designed a quilted square from scraps from mask making then logo’d with NY State all sewn together and presented to the president which now resides in the national archives. Theres an image and letter about it among those documents. I thought it was a cool keep sake to document what really occurred. One of the group members had found her great aunts documents on the mask making efforts from the Spanish flu from 1918 as well.
So I have a few things to determine what to do with them! I’m not much of a scrap booker though

7 Likes

I promise I haven’t forgotten to post photos! I definitely will by Friday. I’m so sorry.

I have a question: do you send another card to the same people that you sent to last?

For example, if I sent to xxx in May, do I send another card in June to that same person? Or is there enough people in the group that you don’t have to send to the same person twice? (Unless you wanted to?)

My understanding is that who you send to and how often is totally up to you.

6 Likes

I’m late to the party and therefore have some questions:
Do you all send cards to everyone on the list?
If no, don’t you feel bad about the ones you ‘leave out’?
Or is everyone just sending a couple of cards at a time?
And sending each next batch to another group of receivers?
Just testing the waters…
I’ll never get this started if I want to send to each and everyone of you (and your mothers and neighbors), which by the way I would love to do, but it is technically and financially impossible, I think.
(For those of you who don’t know: I’m in Belgium.)

3 Likes