Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

It was in the big bag of postcards I got from the garage sale a few weeks ago.

I can send you some too, if you’d like. (No promises I have anymore Bates Hotel ones.). Just send me your address.

2 Likes

Happy Mail 2, 3, 4, and 5 will go in the mail tomorrow! Hooray!
The recipients? Happy surprises.

5 Likes

Thank you!!! :heart:

I received a lovely letter (on dog stationery♥️) and some adorable woodland creatures stickers from @PrincessP. The letter was dated May 4th, so it certainly took its time, but was worth the wait.

There is an adorable little pencil patch and a delicious looking cookie recipe. Here is a shot of the recipe if y’all want to try them too. Golden syrup isn’t a thing in the US, but I will try it with honey and report back. They also might have it at World Market.

I love this recipe idea Lauren!! I am going to send you one. Thank you so much.

13 Likes

Cute stickers!

I got Lyles Golden Syrup off of Amazon last year, but apparently you can also make it.

3 Likes

I saw that. But you have to simmer for an hour. I know myself and I’m not doing that!

2 Likes

Say Whaaaaat? you don’t have golden syrup?? Why not?

My mind is blown. :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Agreed. I don’t really know why we don’t have it, 'cause it’s delicious!

@susieoregon I’ll make you some and drop it by if you want! It’s really easy to do a batch while I’m canning jelly. And sometimes they have it at Barbur World Foods.

4 Likes

I’m not going to turn that down.

Btw - your blackberry vodka jelly was amazing. I made so many pb&j’s.

4 Likes

Yay! Cool - I plan on canning next weekend, so I’ll make some then and swing it by.

2 Likes

Oh wow! You are awesome! :heart::heart::heart:

Also - if you are down for it - Pilot and I could meet you out in the courtyard.

3 Likes

Sure - I’ll text you and we’ll figure it out.

3 Likes

@susieoregon & @saintcady Hey! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: This is a Happy MAIL Craftalong, not a meet in person along :laughing: lol… but seriously, that’s awesome! :heart:

I am so looking forward to future awkward social situations for myself :sweat_smile: I’m an introvert but this isolation has been draining me…

6 Likes

I am fully vaccinated and easing myself back into social activities. I went wine tasting yesterday and sat out on the deck. I got a little burnt. It was awesome.

6 Likes

Guess what time it is? It’s… Poll time! :partying_face: You all have one week to vote for August’s theme :slight_smile:

Vote for August’s Theme
  • August High Tea
  • A-gusty Day (Go Fly a Kite)
  • August Stash Busting
  • August Ice Cream
  • Music in the Park
  • Artsy August
  • August Animals

0 voters

2 Likes

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

Tomorrow I’m planning on updating the Birthday list. So if you have a birthday in June or July let me know!

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

7 Likes

Got a sweet card from @LadybugsAndBees
thank you SO much!
Love the postcards, stamps & stickers you sent, my friend!
What a lovely piece of happy mail :slight_smile:

2 Likes

fun!
(hope the burnt part wasn’t TOO bad)

1 Like

Golden syrup isn’t a thing in Canada either though some specialty likely carry it, seeing as how we are a colony!
I read honey, agave nectar, cane syrup and brown rice syrup can but substitutes but the taste would be so different from the original recipe.

Look at all this lovely mail!

From @kayrun, @Cindy (including additions for my @Pigeon), & from @wittychild.
Thanks friends, your mail makes my day. I’m having a grouchy work week already & it only Monday :worried:

10 Likes

I’m waiting for internat’l stamps as well!

3 Likes