Happy Mail Craftalong 2022, The Year of Colors ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Hi, everyone! :slight_smile: I’m back again for more happy mail. :slight_smile:

I am from Florida and I enjoy happy mail! :blush: I love birds, art, books, coffee, sparkly/glittery things, keys, Harry Potter, fantasy. I would be happy with anything happy in my mailbox. You don’t need to include anything in the card, but if you would like ideas of some things I enjoy are artsy things like ATCs, inchies, decorated envie mail art etc. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Yay for Happy Mail 2022! Count me in :slight_smile: Making paper crafts to send out into the world has kept me creative since joining last September and there is nothing more fun than opening the mailbox to see happy mail come to me!

Here is my lazy (read: mostly copied from last year) intro:
About me: I’m 48 (Nov. 6) and married with rescue puppers - no kids of the two legged variety. I live in a beach town just south of San Francisco and have an office job in higher education. I am a houseplant junkie, am vegan, and my craftroom is a beautiful disaster. I am an art nouveau loving naturlalist with a penchant for the creepy. You can check out my artwork and crafts at BrandeeBlank.com if you are so inclined.

My likes and dislikes are posted in my profile for anyone who gets the urge to do tailored Happy Mail, but I’ll be excited to see anything in my mailbox from you!

13 Likes

Here’s my 2022 intro :slight_smile:

I love getting Happy Mail! But I have much less time to devote to it at the moment… This year I’m going to give myself more permission to slack off and not share pictures of everything I receive. I will most likely send my thanks to each sender via a snail mail reply. Feel free to check in with me if you want to know about something you sent but I want to give myself more time off from the pressure of keeping track of everything. Right now I keep Happy Mail in a stack and as I reply to each piece I will organize them into my collection :heart:

I love receiving ephemera, ATCs, a note about your life, pen-pal letters, etc. I collect skunks (except Pepe Le Pew, not a fan of the stalker vibe… lol), Moomin and/or Finland stuff, jellyfish art, postage stamps (for use in crafting), and random other stuff.

Some random “about me” things:

• For Christmas we got three adorable pet rats :heart: :rat: :two_hearts: I used the excuse that they are for our kid but they are totally mine :sweat_smile: I’m head over heals for them already!
  • My social life has picked up recently and I’m in a small crafty group and a book club :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
  • My husband works nights and we have a rambunctious little one… I’m a stay at home mom so even though I’m home a lot I have limited free time :flushed: :sleeping:
  • I will freely offer my kiddo’s age and name in snail mail or private messages but I’m very cautious about sharing personal details in public areas of the internet :heart: He’s at an age where gender stereotypes don’t affect him. He loves baking, crafting, science, etc. His favorite colors are pink and yellow. He loves dancing, running, jumping, and general chaos :laughing: He’s the center of my world so expect to read all about him in my letters :sweat_smile:

I might be slower to respond in some months but I promise that I adore anything and everything I receive! :kissing_heart:

15 Likes

Organizer note

I rolled over the one Birthday I know about from the last round. Please let me know if any of you have a January or February birthday to add to the list :partying_face: :birthday:

4 Likes

I’m back for happy mail :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I’m Eva (39) from the beautiful city of Cologne in Germany. I live with my husband and our two kids who are 8 and 6. I’m working part-time as a high school teacher which keeps me busy most of the time. But whenever I find time I enjoy crafting (also with the kids), reading, hiking and doing voluntary work. I like being outside in the woods and I love everything nature.

I love sending out happy mail and of course I also love receiving happy mail - every piece of happy mail that I received last year made me smile.

So excited to be back!

FYI (especially for those of you who sent me happy mail last year) We moved to a new place in December so I have a new address!

13 Likes

I’m Happy to continue to send Happy Mail around the globe in 2022!

I was born in The Netherlands in 1964 and now live in Belgium with my Belgian Marc.

I love designing and creating, creative writing, reading and anything to do with books.
I love nature too and am passionate about reversing climate change and rewilding our planet.
Check out my profile to learn more about me and my creations.

And of course I love receiving Happy Mail!
Any Happy Mail!
Please don’t feel like you have to reciprocate though. I don’t send Happy Mail to get Happy Mail. My sole aim is to brighten up your day.
I appreciate you letting me know when you received from me, so I know my Happy Mail did not go missing (since most of the time it has to travel far).

Should you want to include something with your card (but don’t feel obliged at all!), I’d love paper ephemera, English book pages, postage stamps, book marks, stickers and other paper crafting goodies.

Here’s to another wonderful Happy Mail year!

13 Likes

Hey, I’m Savannah. If you wish to send to me, you can use the same address as my mom, @Lynx. I really enjoyed doing this last year so I’m looking forward to doing it again this year! I enjoy reading books, soccer, music, geography, sloths, and making art. I like collecting ATCs, 4x6s, 5x7s, and canvas paintings.

12 Likes

I’m Cindy and live on Prince Edward Island, the smallest province in Canada. We moved across the country in August 2020 to be closer to our two sons and their families (okay, truth be told, to be closer to our two grand daughters)

I’m at stay-at-home wife who likes to quilt, sew for our grand daughters, crochet, doodle and dabble in other paper crafts.

I’m a bird nerd, I’ve even travelled just to look for new birds. I like to photograph them (always trying for a better photo), keep yearly and life lists. I get very excited when I find a bird I’ve never seen before (life bird)

I don’t need extras but if you just can’t resist enclosing something, I like paper clips with interesting shapes and my grand daughters enjoy cute stickers.

15 Likes

I’m happy to join again this year :smiley:

I’m Ren, I live in Bristol, UK.
Last year was my first dabbling in any form of paper craft, so I’m still learning. No extras are needed, naturally, but they are welcome if you want to send them.

Things I like:

• Happy Mail in any shape or form - of course

Things I don’t like:

• Slugs & snails
  • Chocolate
  • Caffeine
15 Likes

The last quarter of 2021 has been completely nuts for me. Between moving, my FIL passing away, and both my hubby and I getting Covid…ugh. I’m ready for some brightness in my life, and sending Happy Mail is one way to feel positivity.

So, about me… I have 4 kids, three kids-in-law, 2 adorable grandchildren and 2 dogs. LC is pretty much my favorite hangout. You guys help keep me sane! I don’t feel like I have a lot of time to devote to being a pen pal, but I do enjoy making and sending cards. Hopefully I’ll do better at it this year than I did last year.

14 Likes

Intro links/list updated. Please check that links are correct and that I haven’t offended you :wink: :kissing_heart: :innocent:

11 Likes

That’s amazing!

4 Likes

Hi all! I am glad to be back and ready to share some love in 2022.
About me…I live in the Pacific Northwest, completely fell in love with gardening last year. I have 6 more months of school till I graduate with a degree in cybersecurity and a certificate in Microsoft networking and Linux networking. My husband and I have three little monster dogs.

My life can be described as a goth grannie (I love granny chic and old school horror/sci-fi).
I love any snail mail
Bright/candy colors
gardening/backyard birds

I love the beach and hope that after all of this I can go to a proper warm beach, feel the waves on my feet and the warm sun on my face.

14 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Imma, 31, from the Netherlands.
I loved participating in the Happy Mail craftalong last year & will join again this year.

However, I will start my last semester in law school in a couple of weeks while working a fulltime job, so I will not be sending out tons of mail this year. I’m also not much of a papercrafter, so sometimes my cards aren’t papercraft and sometimes not even handmade. I like writing letters as well. I usually open my Happy Mail on Fridays or Saturdays because I want to take my time opening them instead of feeling rushed. That + the time it takes for mail to arrive in Europe means that it may take a while before you hear back from me. You will also eventually get snail mail back but that may take a while, too.

I love all the things retro and vintage, including fashion, I love nature, flowers, I love all the bright colours and patterns, my main crafts are embroidery and sewing/quilting. When not crafting, working or studying I enjoy cooking, baking and gardening. There are very few things I’d rather not receive, but I’m not really into gore/horror/zombies etc. Vintage Halloween-type styles are fine, just nothing too scary.

12 Likes

Hello everyone :slight_smile: We need a theme for February and March. Last year we did “Flamingo February” and “Mushroom March”. Any theme ideas for this year?

I was toying with the idea of having a yearly theme with each months being a part of that theme (like a year of colors with each month being it’s own color).

Let me know what you guys are thinking/feeling and I’ll setup a poll to help us decide shortly :heart:

6 Likes

I’ve so appreciated and enjoyed the Happy Mail I’ve received over the past crazy year. Hoping I’ll be able to reciprocate more this year!

I’m Pam from Illinois (our move to the U.S. East Coast has been rescheduled to next year, if you heard me talk about that). I love felt craft, crochet, embroidery, mixed media, and kinetic craft tinkering. My birth month is August.

I love rabbits, birds, cats, colorful graphic design, and cheerful things in general. Fan of Harry Potter, Animal Crossing, and puzzles. No extras needed; just getting some physical, non-commercial mail is a joy.

11 Likes

I received wonderful Happy Mail from @thanate today.
Thanks again!

3 Likes

I like this idea … a different colour each month!

5 Likes

I received from @thanate as well! Thanks!! I’m going to try the tea tonight :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I received from you @Immaculata today. Thanks very much for my Happy Mail, brightened up my first day back at work :smiley:

3 Likes