Happy Mail Craftalong 2022, The Year of Colors ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I received some happy mail from @wittychild with a sweet little birdie envie! She also included this fun misheard lyrics ATC! The original lyrics are “Breaking rocks in the hot sun”. Thanks! :blush:
22hmsfhwafwc

7 Likes

That “Reagan rocks” ATC is hysterical!

I also received from @wittychild. A fun bee-and-honeycomb card, misheard lyrics ATC (corresponding to the French part of the Beatles’ “Michelle”), and an amusing sticker.

Thanks so much!

9 Likes

:love_letter: :art: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Congratulations! Your beloved Craftalong has been Featured this week. Happy crafting, sending & opening everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :art: :love_letter:

8 Likes

Hooray for @Reinikka and all us Happy Mailers!

2 Likes

I received a fun reusable card from @endymion today! Thanks!

3 Likes

After a pretty challenging few months…I have finally (!) sent out some happy mail, with another half dozen waiting on addresses, they have stamps.

And I’ve realised that I don’t have an intro here:

I’m Edel, I live in Ireland and consider lettucecraft to be my home, between here and the dead place, I’ve been hanging around with this bunch of crafty reprobates since about 2008. I’ve learned so much from you guys. Being a university professor keeps me off the streets, and I’ve recently started a part time degree in art, which I’m loving (and being challenged by) I love playing with paper, drawing, painting, journaling, mixed media, but my first love will always be sewing. Happy mail is great and I have so many wonderful notes and cards from amazing people. My intention is to send more this year. Xx

8 Likes

On my way to the post office…

13 Likes

Can i join in this late in the year? And if yes, how do i join?

7 Likes

I think you can just post a self-introduction. Might want to also message @Reinikka, as she will usually update the list of players at the top. If there is anyone you’d like to send mail to, PM them to request their address. Have fun!

7 Likes

Ok!

My name is Susan, I live in the Pacific Northwest in a little cottage with my two cats, my sewing machine, and lots of books & fabric. I love where I live - mountains, water, big green trees, rocky beaches, snow, flowers, rain rain rain, and birbs. Lots & lots of birds! My job is IT project manager, installing nationwide fiber optic networks. I love the mix of geekiness & project work. I work from home and the “no commute” thing is blissful. I love my goober 20-pound cat Orca, and my snuggly velcro 6 pound cat Oyster. I love reading, birding & roadtrips, tacos, trying new restaurants, soup dumplings, bagels, and black tea. (Lapsang Souchong, wild Wuyi, Yunnan, slow aged Puerh, etc) My favorite crafts are sewing, embroidery, and making 3d animals etc out of felt & fabrics. I will be learning etching & printmaking once classes start up at my friend’s studio.

For mail, i like anything - postcards, card/letter in an envelope, etc. I also do Postcrossing. If you want to include things, no confetti or loose glitter please! Goober cat eats that stuff. Papers of any kind are nifty, fabric scraps, buttons, old tickets, old greeting cards, and especially vintage computer punch cards. No halloween or horror / zombies / vampires.

But mainly, have fun creating something & i will like it!

11 Likes

@Lynx look, another one of us :smiley:

5 Likes

Woooo Chirp Chirp!

5 Likes

I received this fun whismical card from @endymion today! Thanks!

11 Likes

I added you to the list! Thanks @endymion for answering her question :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

I received a very fun reusable card from @endymion !! So darn cute. Thank you so much!

Anne

4 Likes

I saw the main poc on the Featured Projects and for a second I questioned if i uploaded a pic of my set up when i did it over Valentines Day!

5 Likes

Well, I made it back from my trip to Seattle area, and had a load of happy mail greeting me when I got home! Well, shucks – I took a photo, but I need to edit to cover up the addresses – anyone know how I can do that with Google photos? I’m sort of a novice to photo editing other than cropping…sigh

A big thank you to
@Amfkinney (she sent both a March card & a lovely bday card, both had neat wax seals on back & fun inserts!)
@Lynx – I may copy your idea of putting a positive affirmation on a card!
@madebyBeaG – what a great yarny birthday card! can’t wait to use the stickers for more happy mail
@endymion = a reusable card & I have just the person in mind to send it to!

Hugs to all of you in this craftalong == you make me so happy by sending & just by posting encouragement here :heart:

3 Likes

I just went to get my mail and found an envelope from @Edel. Thank you for the cheery note! It made my day!

3 Likes

That was fast! :grin:

2 Likes

I have gotten a happy letter, a beautiful pink card from Cindy for the fushia febuary! Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

4 Likes