Happy Mail Craftalong 2022, The Year of Colors ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

I got some birthday happy mail! Thank you, @Cindy and @bluebird !!

6 Likes

Thanks for the postcard, @bluebird!

2 Likes

Thank you for the AWESOME postcard, @bluebird !

2 Likes

Happy mail from @bluebird

12 Likes

Thank you @bluebird for the lovely card and stickers - it made my day after a long day at work.

(Now I really need to pull up my socks and commence card-making!)

2 Likes

:fallen_leaf: :chestnut: :fallen_leaf::chestnut: :fallen_leaf::chestnut: :fallen_leaf::chestnut: :fallen_leaf::chestnut: :fallen_leaf::chestnut: :fallen_leaf:
Happy Nutmeg November!
:fallen_leaf: :chestnut: :fallen_leaf::chestnut: :fallen_leaf::chestnut: :fallen_leaf::chestnut: :fallen_leaf::chestnut: :fallen_leaf::chestnut: :fallen_leaf:

:birthday: Any November or December Birthdays for our list? :birthday:

4 Likes

After I read the personal story in a local newspaper of a Ukrainian family that fled from the war and is now living in my town in Belgium, I decided to send them Happy Mail.
I contacted social services, who for privacy reasons could of course not give me their address, so we decided I would send it to them and their social workers would deliver it.

Then I asked them about other Ukrainian refugees in our community and I decided I will send all of them Happy Mail for New Year (34 addresses, I won’t get any names or personal info, I’ll deliver the pile of Happy Mail at the social services office, who’ll take it to the refugees for me).

The contact person at social services was amazed and very enthousiast about it. He said it would make a real difference for those people, who lost their homes, their jobs, their past, and who worry about their family members and friends.

Perhaps I can inspire other Happy Mail senders to do the same?
Edited to clarify: I hope to inspire you to send Happy Mail to Ukrainian refugees in your own community.

15 Likes

Heck ya, if you message me an address & what to say to the social worker in explanation, I will send a whack of letters in time for the holidays.

2 Likes

I was thinking about other Happy Mail senders sending it to Ukrainian refugees in their own community, but of course I’ll be happy to pm anyone who wants me to the address of our town’s social services!

Oh, that’s even better. I’ll do that!

1 Like

Great!

What a wonderful idea!

1 Like

I think that’s wonderful! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you for the happy mail, @Reinikka! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So i just discovered today that our interim mail person has been mis-delivering a lot of my mail! And also that of my neighbors! We had a big discussion by the mailboxes tonight, everyone has reported lost mail or neighbors’ mail on our front porches etc. Chaos! So if anyone was waiting for me to acknowledge anything …. It may be gone forever. :frowning: That is also where our outgoing mailbox is, so now we are all worried about mail we left there to get picked up!

4 Likes

Are you signed up for informed delivery? They scan all the mail and you can see what is supposed to be delivered. There is a place to mark if you did not get it that gets reported and has to be addressed. Everyone in your neighborhood should sign up and report missing mail.

I have reported several times and sometimes the mail gets delivered after midnight! They have found every piece I reported.

1 Like

Oh yes, we all have that & report what is missed. We are … a lost area. We aren’t actually a city, even tho my mailing address says Lynnwood, we are β€œunincorporated county land”. And we are disputed by about 3 local post offices, none of which want to serve us. So our mail gets shunted around & around, as they try to figure out who gets it to deliver it to us. It can take a week or more after something shows up in Informed, before it actually turns up in our mailboxes. It’s a mess. No one wants the responsibility for plowing our street, either - county & three cities fight over who should do it, as it touches all their areas. Thank goodness water & power utilities have no problem with us! :grin:

I love my cottage and would not move because of all this, but it does make mail & snow difficult! I am very happy to report that our ballots & voting info are never late - i think the staff see those & decide it’s best to just get those delivered rather than argue. Late ballot delivery would get too much attention from management!

4 Likes

Oh, that sounds like a logistical nightmare! But, you would at least know what is missing so you can follow up if it is important! I hope they sort it out for you and your neighborsβ€”how frustrating!

I was so worried about mailing my ballot that I hand carried it to the election official and made sure she stamped it in. I also tracked it online. During the pandemic, some of the carriers just threw away mail they couldn’t deliver in a normal day!

2 Likes

Much doesn’t show up in Informed, alas. We have never figured that one out. Ah well - with a bus stop at the driveway, grocery store two blocks away, library down the hill, & easy access to major highways / mountains / ferries / islands - I will put up with it. :wink:

And a neighbor just brought me a happy mail from @Amfkinney that got put in their mailbox! :rofl: :crazy_face:

Thanks Anne!!!

3 Likes

these are the best pumpkins, @bluebird !!

1 Like