Happy Mail Craftalong 2022, The Year of Colors ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too!

Hello everyone :slight_smile: We need a theme for February and March. Last year we did “Flamingo February” and “Mushroom March”. Any theme ideas for this year?

I was toying with the idea of having a yearly theme with each months being a part of that theme (like a year of colors with each month being it’s own color).

Let me know what you guys are thinking/feeling and I’ll setup a poll to help us decide shortly :heart:

6 Likes

I’ve so appreciated and enjoyed the Happy Mail I’ve received over the past crazy year. Hoping I’ll be able to reciprocate more this year!

I’m Pam from Illinois (our move to the U.S. East Coast has been rescheduled to next year, if you heard me talk about that). I love felt craft, crochet, embroidery, mixed media, and kinetic craft tinkering. My birth month is August.

I love rabbits, birds, cats, colorful graphic design, and cheerful things in general. Fan of Harry Potter, Animal Crossing, and puzzles. No extras needed; just getting some physical, non-commercial mail is a joy.

11 Likes

I received wonderful Happy Mail from @thanate today.
Thanks again!

3 Likes

I like this idea … a different colour each month!

5 Likes

I received from @thanate as well! Thanks!! I’m going to try the tea tonight :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I received from you @Immaculata today. Thanks very much for my Happy Mail, brightened up my first day back at work :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi everyone! Happy New Year. I joined this fun group part way into 2021 and have really enjoyed sending and receiving Happy Mail and would like to continue on the list for 2022.

I am a lover of cards, paper and snail mail, so this is right up my alley. I don’t always handmake my cards and I am not an artist at all, but I do love receiving the creative creations of this talented group. My friend @bugaboo told me about this group as she knew I would love it! She is right.

A bit about me! My name is Anne, I live in the state of New York, about 3.5 hours away from the infamous New York City. I live with my husband and our two dogs. We have three grown children who have all left the nest and moved away, My oldest lives in Boston, Mass and the other two live in separate parts of New York City.

I love crafting but some of my favorites include crocheting, circular yarn machine knitting, playing with my Cricut, paper crafts, soap making, glass etching, etc. I am looking to learn how to sew this year and spin wool better! My BFF and I like to find fun crafts to and attend classes when time allows.

I worked for years as a HR Professional and am blessed to have been able to retire very early in October 2021. A week before I retired I broke my leg, so my first five weeks of retirement was not spent the way I planned. I healed well in time to have family for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have many projects in the house for 2022, but the first one is cleaning out my craft room, painting the room, putting down a new floor, followed by some massive organization. It is a heavy lift, but the outcome will be so fun! I am excited to get my happy place cleaned up and organized.

Then we will move on to other rooms of the house. So, I still don’t feel “retired” and I am trying to find my new schedule.

I am starting to assemble my January Happy Mail!

I wish each and everyone of you a very Happy 2022!

Anne
~Amfkinney

14 Likes

I received a holiday card from @Immaculata today. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hello from Canada! Long-time lurker, first-time happy mailer here!

My likes include:

• cats
  • books
  • languages and wordplay
  • nearly anything retro
  • bright, fun colours

Dislikes:

• spiders and snakes (honestly, those are the big ones)

I’ve been cross-stitching for almost as long as I can remember, and when I’m not stitching or reading, I’m baking - though admittedly, not as much as I did before work-from-home, when I still had in-person coworkers to share with. I became joint owner of a Silhouette Cameo a little over a year ago and have been having fun seeing what I can make with it. I love sending and receiving mail; it’s the perfect outlet for my obsession with stickers and coloured pens. :mailbox:

Thanks @Reinikka for keeping this craftalong running! :heart:

11 Likes

@BeesKnees Thank you so much for the pretty happy mail!

5 Likes

Aww, @madebyBeaG , thank you so much for the happy Bday wishes. You are so thoughtful :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hello all, I am Mel. I’m 43 will be 44 on March 12. I’m a Non-Binary Femme in NC. I’m a parent to 3 young adults and one grand.

I’m a newbie to the group but I love sending mail and notes to folks.

I crotchet and dabble in jewelry making. I also do random decor crafts. I used to cross stitch but my eyes are to weak for that anymore. I love that I can take my crotchet with me bc I do Birthworker to pay my bills.

I am a huge Mickey Mouse fan, as well as Beauty and the Beast but other things Disney I love. Books, Music and Travel are my other loves.

Don’t have any dislikes really unless it’s crude humor.

I’m excited to be here!

18 Likes

Welcome to our community!

4 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

Welcome @melg78 !

3 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Welcome, welcome! :tada: :love_letter: :tada: We are a Happy bunch and quite possibly the happiest & nicest people on the internet :innocent:

7 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

I also received from @BeesKnees! Thanks so much!

3 Likes

I’m having a break from happy mail, as I may be moving soon.

Kia ora from far away Aotearoa/New Zealand! :kiwi_fruit:

I’m Kirsten, I live in the far north of New Zealand in the Bay of Islands, and I love happy mail.

I enjoy doing all sorts of creative stuff, especially painting, drawing, sewing, knitting, printmaking, and writing. I’m really into arty stuff, literature, and science fiction.

I appreciate all the wonderful mail you lovely people send. If you enjoy including extra bits and pieces, I also like ephemera, bookmarks, ATCs etc.

Since I started working full time again last year, my creative time is a bit limited, so I’m pretty slow with my happy mail. But I do send things eventually! :snail: :love_letter:

15 Likes