CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2020

Such a great idea! I need me a whole host of those!

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress’ Challenge - July
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Doll Dress
Brief Description: Stars :heavy_check_mark: Stripes :heavy_check_mark:. I did not set it on fire though!

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - Peaches
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Peach Crisp
Brief Description: I’m so glad peaches came up as this months Iron Chef prompt! I adore peaches, but I like them firm, and find that even if I buy rock hard ones at the store, 2 days later they are soft. So a perfect excuse to turn them into Peach Crisp. I followed the recipe exactly, except that I added in allspice & cloves along with the nutmeg to the fruit mixture, and I added allspice & cloves with the cinnamon in the crumble topping. I also didn’t bother to peel the peaches, just washed them well. Even my husband who isn’t a huge peach fan loved this crisp. My only note is that next time I make the recipe, I’ll choose a wider pan, so the huge amount of topping has more surface area to get crispified.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

That looks SO GOOD.

houseHufflepuff
project namebee kind ornament
brief descriptionmade with copper wire, bee buttons, and stickers. Made to match my classroom (hoping to have one this year) theme.

2 Likes

Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum
LC Contest: Lettuce Help Our Communities
Project Name & Page Link: Bouquet of Masks
Brief Description: I made a round of masks in some pretty fabric I found stashed in the back of my bin and gave them out to family and neighbors.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Quidditch Round 1: Match #2 Sumbawanga Sunrays
Project Name & Page Link: Make Art Mug Rug
Brief Description: I made this for the inspiring women swap. The brightly colored mismatch circles represented the quote from Carrie Fisher: Take your broken heart, make it into art. I also used some colorful tie dye for the back.
Project Pictures:

Challenge Title: Quidditch Round 1: Match #5 Holyhead Harpies
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Self-rescuing Princess Magnet
Brief Description: Also made for the inspiring women swap. Carrie Fisher was one formidable, admirable woman both on and off the screen and Leia kicked ass. Here’s a little something to celebrate her.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Those masks are so pretty! If we have to wear them, they might as well look nice! I’m expecting an ironing board today, so I can iron the fabric I prewashed and try my hand at some sewing.

Edited, wow spelling and grammar…

1 Like

Agreed!

Good luck!

Sorry for the delay @Teachergirl - your AS project has been added to the Project Log!

And that reminds me that it’s FRIDAY!

I’ve been pretty rubbish about posting ASFs this term. How’s everyone doing? I know some of you are good about posting your progress regularly - thank you!

I really need to propose a new project. But WHAT?! :thinking:

1 Like

Progress on my advanced studies, 1 down, 2 to ho, anx then 3 bears and pjs to go with them:)

2 Likes

Wow! Awesome progress!!

I’ve created so many things, and finally I’ve got a chance to share them with you. I’ll upload the rest tomorrow as I’m real tired right now.

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch Round 1: #1 Barnton Quidditch
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Beaded spider pendant
Brief Description: I saw these beaded spiders ages ago and so wanted to have one myself. It wasn’t hard to make the spider, but working with metal string was confusing and difficult at times, especially when it kept breaking. At least the creation is under 4 inches.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch Round 1: #2 Sumbawanga Sunrays
Project Name & Page Link: Colourful pop sickles
Brief Description: Recipe I used: Smothie mix bag of your choice, blend it, fill moulds with it and freeze.
That’s the whole instruction. Of course I will like to say that I had some bananas left and added that to the blends. This sounds like a real quick project, but if you’re doing several colours like I am, and you don’t have the best blender in the world, then it will take some time. I was left with more smoothie blends in the end so I put those in silicone forms, which I sort of regret because I didn’t add any sticks and they are hard to eat as they are so cold. But overall they are wonderful, and my son and brother can now eat something cold without me worrying about too much sugar.
Project Picture:

**Class or Challenge Title:**Quidditch Round 1: #4 Moutohora Macaws
Project Name & Page Link: Bed sheet harem pants
Brief Description: My son asked me for some harem pants a while ago, I agreed to make him a pair. A few weeks ago I went through some old fabric stash (old and torn bed sheets which I once planned to fix), and instead of throwing them out I kept them, I finally had something I could use the fabric for, and was able to make him a pair of harem pants.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch Round 1: #5 Holyhead Harpies
Project Name & Page Link: Romanian home made soft chocolate (or as I like to call them, chocolate jenga tiles)
Brief Description: NOTE: I made only half of the recipe.
I love my grandmother, she’s such an awesome person, she’s the one I look up to. When she comes to visit, or we visit her in Romania, we usually get this chocolate bricks. Personally I think a half is more than enough as they are sweet, but I still like the taste.
Funny story, my mom told me she tried to make some when she was younger, and they turned out to be stretchy, like real soft caramel. They are supposed to be dry and crumbly, which I managed to do.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Charms: Something to Beautify Your Home
Project Name & Page Link: Coffee Quote by RatherUnseamly on Etsy
Brief Description:
I am suddenly getting into cross stitch, and picked a fairly simple pattern to refresh my memory of how to do it. Learned a few things through mistakes (don’t skimp on fabric size vs. design size), and came out of it with something to hang in my kitchen. It has been finished for over a week now, but I just this week got an ironing board to iron it on and a frame to put it in. I would appreciate any advice from seasoned Xstitchers on whether or not I should leave the glass in the frame. I have NO IDEA!
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class/Challenge: Herbology
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name and Link: https://thepaleomama.com/2014/01/21/purpose-healing-salve/
Description: This salve is just so incredibly soothing and calming to skin! I used the above link as a base but made some changes. I only used olive oil as the only oil and soaked dried lavender flowers, chamomile flowers, and calendula flowers for weeks before hand instead of heating in a pot. I doubled the batch and didn’t use any essential oils and the salve smells SO good!

Class/Challenge: SoAR

Project Name and Link: A baby blanket for Garret

Description: My best friend wanted to learn to crochet before her first son was born. She did 3 rows (lengthwise) of triple crochet before stopping. She would pick it up every now and then, but then last weekend she just handed it to me and told me to keep it. So, instead, I finished it and put a crab stitch border on. I’ll be surprising her with it when I see her next. Her son is now 5 lol.

Class/Challenge: Quidditch Round 1 Barnton
Project Name and Link: Lavender lotion bars
Description: These bars are all under 4” square so Barnton for the win! I made them using the Shea butter option and lavender essential oils.

5 Likes

I would like some clarification on the Book Club prompts, please. Are we able to create something that fits into ch 9 or 10, even though we are currently in ch 12?
Thanks in advance for the help, this is my first time doing this craft along.
:black_heart::yarn::snake:

From my understanding, it is only the current prompt. Headmistress, is that right?

No. The Book Club prompts have beginning and ending dates (they are each 2 weeks long). You can complete the current prompt during that timeframe. Once a prompt has expired, you can no longer submit that one.

1 Like

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

1 Like

@Teachergirl: Your post from July 16th (Bee Kind Ornament) has not been counted, because you are missing part of your header. You have not filled in which class or challenge the project is for. You can either edit & fix the post above then let me know you’ve done so, so I can give you points, or you can repost in a new reply so I will see it next time I do a points tally.

Thanks!