CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2020

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch Cup - Barnton Quidditch
House: :lion: Gryffindor :lion:
Project Name & Page Link: Link to recipe
Brief Description: Make a recipe that uses Jam - One for the Keto fans among us x
Barnton Quidditch was the first thing that jumped out at me when I saw the new round of the Quidditch Cup. I bought some delicious sugar free raspberry jam, and although it’s nice to enjoy a little here and there I thought. “This is going to last me forever!”. So this recipe was a nice way to use some of it up. My cookies are a little larger than in the post, so to be safe I’m going to say that they are 3g of carbs each.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

That’s sounds tough. A friend of mine is remote teaching her Head Start classes, and it’s just exhausting and difficult for all involved. I feel so bad for teachers, students, and parents right now.

Ooh, thumbprint cookies! I haven’t had those since my gluten intolerance diagnosis 7 years ago! It’s a very frustrating process when baking is a hobby and you suddenly have to modify or find new versions of all your favorite things…

Dice bags!!! Oh my! I need one of those someday! Our dice collection is starting to get out of hand. Darn D&D.

1 Like

Hehehehe… I just happen to be working on a Hufflepuff one today.

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Raspberry Jelly
Brief Description: I predict that canning will be all the rage! With all the pandemic gardening, people are soon going to find that they need to start preserving their harvests! CANNING! I’ve been canning for 15 years now. I’ve harvested SO MANY raspberries from our garden this year. Just gallons and gallons. I bought a steam juicer last year, so I stream juiced my raspberries and then used the juice for a batch of jelly. It turned out so wonderful, they all sealed and gelled nicely. My family LOVES it! I feel like the steam juicing made for a more concentrated juice, so the jelly is so flavorful. Using the steam juicer just made the whole process so much easier and less messy. 8 jars of jelly now on my canning wall! Here is raspberry jelly recipe from my safe canning group:

Raspberry Jelly
Yield: 6 half-pints
4 cups prepared juice (2 ½ quarts fully ripe red raspberries) 5 ½ cups sugar 1 box (1 ¾ ounces) powdered pectin (Purchase fresh pectin each year. Old pectin may result in poor jelling.)
Thoroughly crush, one layer at a time, 2 ½ quarts red raspberries. Place crushed fruit in jelly cloth and let drip. When dripping has almost ceased, press gently. Measure 4 cups juice into a large bowl or pan.
Measure sugar and set aside. Mix pectin and juice and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the sugar all at once. Stir and bring to a full boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Or cook to the jelling point-217 to 220 degrees. Or use the “sheet off a spoon” method to determine if you have reached the jelling point.
Remove from heat. Skim off foam and ladle into hot, sterilized jars through a wide-mouthed funnel, leaving ¼ inch headspace. Adjust lids and process in a boiling water canner: half-pints for 5 minutes, adjusted for your altitude.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
House: Huffelpuff
Project Name & Page Link: Raspberry Syrup
Brief Description: More raspberries, more steam juicing, and now raspberry syrup! I love berry syrup on my pancakes and waffles. They are my favorite! They are such a beautiful jewel color, and so clear. Just such pretty jars!
https://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_02/berry_syrup.html
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name & Page Link: Another charcuterie board!
Brief Description: We had a game day with Ethan’s siblings and we decided to class it up with a charcuterie. It was a group effort from my husband who helped me cut up meats. It was a hi!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum Challenge
SPEW or LC Contest: LC Contest
Project Name & Page Link: Masks 7/16/20
Brief Description: Yup, more masks. I’m pretty sure that’s all I do now. lol. 9 in this batch!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum Challenge
SPEW or LC Contest: LC Contest
Project Name & Page Link: Masks 7/20/20
Brief Description: And more masks for family and friends. 8 in this batch!
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash materials
House: Slytherin🐍
Project Name & Page Link Witch Underpants vanilla socks
Brief Description: These socks were done with a skein of self striping yarns, with a contrasting purple skeinfor heels and cuff. Both are from Biscotte Yarns, and have been sitting in stash for about a year now. The pattern is a basic vanilla sock that I have customized and memorized, so there is no pattern to link.
Project Picture:
upload_medium2

4 Likes

I wish I knew how to knit socks…if I did, that would be all I would wear :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Try it! There’s so many ways to do it, you just need to figure out if your a double point needle or magic loop knitter, of you like toe up or top down construction. And there are so many options for heels.

1 Like

Me, too!!!

Wow! I love those!! Awesome work!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Advances Studies - 2 hours progress
Project Name & Page Link Mike’s Custom Scarf
Brief Description: Here is the progress made over this week, at least 6 hours of work here. The chart was drawn out way back in March :sweat_smile:… I was able to get a lot done on lunch breaks and after work this week. The trick will be keeping up momentum when I have a pair of socks calling my name. Long way to go on this one…
Project Picture:
Before:

After:
upload_medium2 (1)

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
**House:**hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: money tree
Brief Description: created this little money tree, it matched the purple bedding I did with the little purple hedgehog. 3 layers of coins on the tree (coin because our smallest paper denomination is $5, and I typically spend ~$25 on birthdays, so it’s a $15 tree and all her favourite snacks-she’s 14)
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club, ch 13 - something chocolate, or a dozen.
Project Name & Page Link: Keto chocolate chip Cookies
Brief Description: Apparently I’m on a baking kick, so why not cookies this week? Though I hesitate to acknowledge this end result as a cookie. It’s edible, they’ll be eaten, but I will not be using this recipe again. They are so dense and heavy, and dry. Definitely needs to be enjoyed with coffee or a glass of almond milk. I doubled the recipe and got 2 dozen of these, though a couple are missing from the photo because the fiance was super quick to taste test.
Project Picture:

2 Likes
  1. I love the sushi fabric you have there.
  2. The charcuterie board looks delicious
  3. Canning is one of those hobbies that I would love to try, but know that I would not keep up with. :sweat_smile:
2 Likes

Hey @CraftsUntold. Yep - I saw your proposal, no worries! I will add it to the project log shortly! Work has been a bit crazy this week!

1 Like

Ok thanks! Just wanted to make sure it didn’t get buried. :black_heart:

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
Project Name & Page Link: Beer Margaritas
Brief Description: A made a couple batches of beer Margaritas this weekend. They are delicious and so easy! They are a pitcher drink, so they will feed a crowd, or can be stored and drank off for awhile in the fridge. https://drinkedin.net/cocktail-reviews/148849-beer-margarita-recipe.html
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name & Page Link: Salted Caramel Frosted Chocolate cupcakes
Brief Description: I’ve been craving chocolate cake, so it was time to make a batch of cupcakes. Cupcakes so I could share them with others and not eat an entire cake on my own. I made up chocolate cupcakes, from scratch. I decided on salted caramel frosting. But first, I had to make salted caramel sauce and then the salted caramel buttercream frosting. I scooped out some of the cake and poured in some of the extra salted caramel sauce to make them surprise cupcakes! I drizzled some more on top of the buttercream. They turned out so delicious!!! They are my sister’s favorite cupcakes, and I usually make them for her birthday. On Saturday, we drove all over town delivering the cupcakes to family, sharing the love. <3
This recipe for the cake: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17528/extreme-chocolate-cake/
Salted caramel sauce: https://www.ihearteating.com/salted-caramel-sauce/
Frosting: https://www.ihearteating.com/salted-caramel-buttercream-frosting-recipe/
Project Picture:

2 Likes

OMG both of these things look AMAZING!

I appreciate it! Your AS is officially added to the log! :smile:

1 Like

Oh man, somehow my AS time traveled to 2002. LOL…