CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2020

That sounds like fun! you should all wear sorting hats.

2 Likes

I would be SO down for this! Just depending on the time difference of course.
Could we dress up in our houses? :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You can dress up however you like my friend.

1 Like

Love those dice masks!!! I need to get some fabric like that! Definitely need to represent my d&d side!

Omg a virtual meetup would be so fun! Iā€™m pretty flexible, except for next week. Iā€™m homeschooling my oldest this year so we will have lots of time for fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Friends. Some sad news today. One of our Lettuce Craft family, and a former member of the HPC has passed away. Nathan (NathanielM93 on Craftster and Roots here on LC), was a member for several terms, and was such a joy within this Craftalong. He was funny, compassionate, and kind. He evidently convinced his mom to join our community, and she shared the sad news today on the last project he posted here. If you wish to read more or say something to his mom, you can check this page:

2 Likes

A new Hermionā€™es Book Club prompt has been posted!

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef Hogwarts
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Lime ice cream turned into ice cream mochi
Brief Description: I made some salmon with lime sauce before, but forgot to take a picture so I decided to do something else with limes. As the last lime project was dinner I decided to make something sweet this time, so ice cream it was, BUT I wasnā€™t happy with ice cream alone, so we turned it into mochi. One problem I realised is that I didnā€™t have the right kind of rice flour, with some changes in how I made the ā€œskinā€ I was able to make a bunch of ice cream mochi. Personally I like the sweet and sour flavour combinations.
Project Picture:

1 Like

Happy Birthday to our dear @jillybeans!

:zap: :birthday: :heart:

3 Likes

A new Headmistress Challenge has been posted!

2 Likes

:shallow_pan_of_food: :hocho: :woman_cook: And a new Iron Chef Hogwarts! :woman_cook: :hocho: :shallow_pan_of_food:

September Secret Ingredient: Radicchio!
Radicchio can be a difficult lettuce. Challenge your tastebuds with a fresh fig radicchio salad, roasted radicchio and shrimp, or these pork chops with radicchio and pears.

2 Likes

Special Request!

Hello friends. Weā€™ve had a request from member @Myrthena, who is Nathan/Roots mom. She is looking for any photos of crafted items he might have made, to add to the slideshow at his memorial service. If any of you had him as a swap partner in any of our HP swaps (or any other swaps for that matter), would you check to see if you still have pictures of any of his creations?

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention- Stash Challenge
House: Hufflepuff :yellow_heart::badger:
Project Name/Page: WFH T-Shirts
Brief Description: My co-workers and I started WFH in March when the US first started responding to Corona and tomorrow we will be having a socially-distant work group meeting. I knew that I wanted to make t-shirts to add a bit of levity and utilized left over light blue shirts (I purchased to make shirts for my team last year and never finished making them) and heat transfer vinyl to create these. There are 5 in total.

3 Likes

Hahaā€¦#WFH2020 is my life.

Welcome to the HPC!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome to the craftalong @beholder_folklore!

1 Like

Letā€™s talk some more about a Virtual HPC Meetup! Now that I know several people are interested, itā€™s time to see what days, times, and methods of communication might work best for everyone.

Which day(s) of the week work best for you? (You may choose more than one.)

• Monday
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday

0 voters

What time(s) of day works best? (You may choose more than one.)
Please note, I have these first in Central Standard Time in the US, for my own sanity, since thatā€™s where I am, and Iā€™ll be hosting. After that Iā€™ve listed the corresponding time in Ireland, Greenwich Mean Time in the UK, and Australian Central Standard. If you are outside the US, in a different time zone that I have missed, just check with Google to see what these times would be for you.

• 9:00-10:00am CST (3:00pm Ireland, 4:00pm GMT/UK, midnight ACT/Australia
    • 10:00-11:00am CST (4:00pm Ireland, 5:00pm GMT United Kingdom, 1:00am ACT Australia)
    • 11:00-12:00 CST (5:00pm Ireland, 6:00pm GMT/UK, 2:00am ACT Australia)
    • 12:00-1:00pm CST (6:00pm Ireland, 7:00pm GMT/UK, 3:00am ACT Australia)
    • 1:00-2:00pm CST (7:00pm Ireland, 8:00pm GMT/UK, 4:00am ACT Australia)
    • 2:00-3:00pm CST (8:00pm Ireland, 9:00pm GMT/UK, 5:00am ACT Australia)
    • 3:00-4:00pm CST (9:00pm Ireland, 10:00pm GMT/UK, 6:00am ACT Australia)
    • 4:00-5:00pm CST (10:00pm Ireland, 11:00pm GMT/UK, 7:00am ACT Australia)
    • 5:00-6:00pm CST (11:00pm Ireland, midnight GMT/UK, 8:00am ACT Australia)

0 voters

What methods of virtual Meetup works best for you?

• Discord
  • Zoom
  • Google Chat/Hangouts
  • Facebook Messenger Rooms (you do not need a FB to use the Messenger app)
0 voters

Right now Iā€™m leaning towards setting up a Discord server specifically for the HPC. My husband set one up for our family communication after he dropped his FB, and weā€™ve found it easy to have virtual get-togethers, and play games. All without having to use anything owned by FB. Meanwhile, if you have an alternative app that you really like and are interested in having the group use, please let me know.

1 Like

I voted- days of the week donā€™t make much difference for my availability but times do. If I canā€™t join in for all of a meet up i would definitely try for part of one at least.

Also: me just now ā€œohhh, i gotta dig up the A.S. Project and work on it for this friday for reals.ā€

What? Oh.

Maybe an alert on my phone should be set. :woman_facepalming:t2:

Hm. I am not on discord. Maybe I can use my sons account. Iā€™m not really interested in joining.

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Barnton
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: White Batik Doll Dress
Brief Description: I whipped this dress up real quick last night so it would be ready when I visited @katiebread today (socially distanced of course - thank goodness for public parks). The print is really light on hard to see but it has a sort of hibiscus kind of flower.

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Ballycastle Bats
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Batty Doll Dress
Brief Description: Somehow this seems to fill the dark, Halloween, and bat prompt.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch round 3 - #2 Ballycastle Bats
House: Sllytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Easy Cuban Black Beans
Brief Description: These are dark in colour, and so delicious! Iā€™ve eaten beans before which I liked, but this this dish is really yummy, itā€™s so going into my recipe box
Project Picture: