CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2020

Happy ADVANCED STUDIES FRIDAY all!

@MistressJennie and @PrincessP - your new proposals have been added to the project log! That yarn is soo pretty, Jennie, and I canā€™t wait to see that sampler, P!

@MistressJennie has also earned 100 points for her house for completing her Hygge throw! Awesome work! :tada:

Welcome to Team :snake: LOL

Iā€™m totally a Slytherin, no doubt about it. Ambitious, take charge, seeks knowledge. Judgmental. :laughing:

1 Like

OH, the shameā€¦ Iā€™ve been focusing on a comepletely different large project (wedding shawl) that I didnā€™t think I could suggest as a AS because it was already in progress when I joinedā€¦ Thereā€™s been no progress lately on my approved AS proposals. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Lol, same. I actually literally, not figuratively, just swore out loud as reading that post told me it was Friday. again. and I havenā€™t done mah stuffs.

Dayā€™s still youngā€¦ * raises knitting needle like a sword * TO THE YARN!

3 Likes

Advanced studies update: Iā€™ve got my 4 skeins of yarn rolled into balls, and have started my cardigan.

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy - Something inspired by upcoming trends
House: Slytherin :black_heart::snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Keto Pumpkin Bread - link to recipe
Brief Description: Tis the season for PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING. I used the recipe linked by @PrincessP, since I really should be getting back on keto after the past month of cheating. I used pecans instead of pumpkin seeds, because itā€™s what I had on hand. I might drizzle a tiny bit of ethrytol water icing on this after it cools.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: I love that you made this! xx

1 Like

Itā€™s pretty good!! I just wish I had gone with my gut and put in extra pumpkin puree. It is a tiny bit dry, but whip cream helps. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m enjoying mine with cream cheese :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi everyone! The first HP swap sign ups are openā€¦ come and check it out :smiley: :lion: :snake: :eagle: :badger:

3 Likes

FYI: It looks like all 3 HP swaps made it through voting in the swap poll. Since I was offering to do either HP Holiday OR I Want to Live in the Burrow, Iā€™m going to put off the Burrow swap till after the holiday season. I will be opening signups for the HP Holiday Swap around October 1st.

8 Likes

:zap::sun_behind_small_cloud::trophy: Summer Quidditch Final Scores! :trophy::sun_behind_small_cloud::zap:

This summer we played 4 rounds of quidditch. We had 14 players participate, who posted a total of 88 projects! Now letā€™s see how we did by Houseā€¦

:eagle: Ravenclaw had 2 players, post a total of 3 projects, for an average of 1.5 goals per player.
:badger: Hufflepuff had 6 players, post a total of 32 projects, for an average of 5.33 goals per player.
:snake: Slytherin had 3 players, post a total of 23 projects, for an average of 7.6 goals per player.
:lion: Gryffindor had 3 players, post a total of 30 projects, for an average of 10 goals per player.

:trophy: That means that Gryffindor House has won the Quidditch Cup for this term! :trophy:

Congratulations Gryffindor!
:heart: :lion: :european_castle: :heart: :lion: :european_castle: :heart: :lion: :european_castle: :heart:

3 Likes

What yarn are you using?

Lauren, itā€™s totally okay to wonder about who you are and what matters to you. I think one of the points Rowling was making by the end of the series, is just how wrong sorting at all, can be. We are all more than one trait or characteristic. We are all more than our Houses. And we are all more than should be judged by House.

I always felt that I studied like a Ravenclaw, and strived as a teacher to teach like a Hufflepuff. But in my heart of hearts, I hope to live up to the ideals of Gryffindor House, in that I try every day to live bravely and fight for those who need justice. We are who we want to be as much as who others think we are.

That being said, as far as practical concerns go in the Craftalong, I do allow folks to change House if they need to, but I do ask that they wait to do it till a new term starts. Trying to give someone points in one House for half the term, then another House for the rest of the term is just asking for trouble in my record keeping. My color coded spreadsheets are good, but thereā€™s just always the chance Iā€™d put the points on the wrong house with the right person.

From a totally selfish perspective, Iā€™d hate to lose you from our House! :wink: But whatever you decide, weā€™re all supportive.

1 Like

Itā€™s Noro Nishiki in color Aurora. The picture looks like black with bits of purple and pink, but much of the black is actually deep deep dark teal green, and some is true black. Itā€™s fascinating to watch work through the colors as I stitch. Itā€™s mostly cotton, with a little polymide, and kind of a roving texture that is thick and thin in some points. So far Iā€™m loving working with it.

1 Like

Great game everyone! Congrats Gryffindor on the Quidditch Cup! (I just wish I could have gathered up a few posts myself. :joy:)

And can you believe we have almost come to the end of another term?! Iā€™m excited to understand ack my craft supplies and start holiday crafting. Bring on the Halloween and Christmas crafts!

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Divination - jewel tones
House: Slytherin :black_heart::snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Katniss Messy Bun Hat
Brief Description: A friend commissioned a messy bun/ponytail hat. I used the pattern linked as starting point, and modified as needed to adjust for a different yarn weight. Yarn is L:ion Brand Ferris Wheel (acrylic).
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a beautiful colorway!

1 Like

I agree, very pretty!

And hereā€™s my latest:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention: Stashbuster
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Oona Stuffie
Brief Description: This stuffie is a pattern from the designer at Spin A Yarn Blog written in a pair with the little white puffin that I made up earlier this year. They are characters from an Irish cartoon called Puffin Rock that is my 2 year oldā€™s first official fandom. The colors are slightly off from the pattern/original simply because I chose to work solely from stash. That is also why the eyes are a little funky- the pattern designer used felt sewn together but I didnā€™t have the right colors in craft felt nor roving to needle felt so I did what I could with what I had. She recognized Oona right away and wouldnā€™t put it down to eat, climb the slide or use the swing so Iā€™ll take it as a success.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

I just realized todayā€™s date!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @MistressJennie !!! :balloon: :balloon: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :balloon: :balloon:

4 Likes