Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2020 - Join Anytime!

Yay! Advanced Studies Friday, indeed. You guys have been busy!

@plaidpineapple and @MistressJennie - Congratulations on completing your AS projects! You have each earned 100 points for your house! :tada: :tada:

@Audania, @plaidpineapple, @Trillian - your AS proposals have been added to the project log! Happy crafting!

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Advanced Studies
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Start of the Monster Nine-Patch
Brief Description: I took some time to make up the nine-patches that will then be cut apart to make the blocks for my next quilt-top.

Before

After

5 Likes

**~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Bedding for my nieces
House: Hufflepuff
Brief Description:
Bedding for my nieces
3 twin quilts, pillow shams, and cases, using cotton for the top, faux fur for the back, possibly minky sheets as well.

1 Like

Hey @Teachergirl! That sounds like a great Advanced Studies project. :smile:
In future if possible, try to use the header we have in the Advanced Studies Post. The bolded text, and House Info make it easier on Abbeeroad & I, when we’re scrolling through the Craftalong, to see these proposal posts, and update the list quickly & easily. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s a copy of the header:
~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name:
House:
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)

1 Like

First of all, sorry for the lack of recipe earlier, I winged it all but next time I do I’ll try to add more info.

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef: Blueberry
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Blueberry mousse cakes
Brief Description: I’ve wanted to make these blueberry mouse cakes for a while, and over the weekend I had time to do it.
I loved the mousse taste, and the combination with the sponge cake, but the mirror glaze, as fun as it was to try it for once, didn’t help the cake at all, so it would be way better without it.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

@imera - those look delicious! And the presentation on a green plate is perfect.

those blueberry cakes look so yummy! i wonder if the mouse would be strong enough to support white chocolate instead of the mirror glaze…

Wow! Beautiful! And I bet delicious too.

Thank you all.
And the mousse has gelatine in it so it’s more sturdy, and they were also frozen first before adding the glaze, so its quite doable switching the glaze for chocolate.
Another possibility would be to coat the mould with chocolate first then add the rest after.

They look so fancy!!

It’s July 1st, which means time for a new Iron Chef Challenge!

:hocho: :shallow_pan_of_food: :woman_cook:

July Secret Ingredient: Peaches!
A ripe, juicy peach is like sunshine in your hand! Make spiced peach turnovers, fresh peach frozen yogurt, or peaches and cream dessert nachos this summer!

A new Headmistress Challenge has been posted for July!

1 Like

Can you start participating after June 1st? I’d like to join in.
:sparkles: :snake: :yarn:

@CraftsUntold Join in at any time! The more the merrier.

1 Like

Yep. You can always join in anytime you wish.

1 Like

In that case, Slytherin has a new member. :snake:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Prompt, July Freedom Challenge
House: Slytherin :snake:!
Project Name & Page Link: Keto Berry Scones
Brief Description: I modified this recipe to eliminate the glaze (because I am lazy) and served it with Whip cream instead for the white. I also used a mix of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, because I was not about to sort through my package of frozen mixed berries. This recipe is Keto friendly and gluten free. Not as pretty as traditional scones, but that is the nature of gluten free baked goods sometimes.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Harry Potter Craftalong! And welcome to Slytherin House!! Glad to have you, CraftsUntold

1 Like

These look great! I love a good Keto recipe :wink:

1 Like

I made a rookie mistake and forgot the salt! They’re still good though. :laughing: