CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2021

They are brushed with two coats of gloss mod podge.

You could leave them without any coating, but if they get damp, I find the ink can smudge and it makes them easier to dust :smiley:

Your proposal has been added to the project log. Your blouse might go great with your Clyde pants! :thinking:

Class/Challenge: Detention: WIP
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Scrappy Trip Around The World Throw
Brief Description: This WIP was started in 2017! It’s made out of leftovers from other projects, so I’ve been adding to it over the years as I finish things & it’s finally done!
Project Picture:

WIP last year:

Working on the border in July:

Weaving in all the ends a few days later:

(there were so many. I put them all off until the end, so it took hours.)

6 Likes

WOW! Gorgeous!

1 Like

Congratulations on finishing an amazing blanket!

1 Like

Class/Challenge: Summer Quidditch - Beater
House: Huflfepuff
Project Name: Xmas socks
Brief Description: A pair of socks, nothing more to say I think. Made for my bestie as an xmas gift.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Summer Quiidditch - Quaffle
House: Huflfepuff
Project Name: Red blood cells
Brief Description: Something that is red. My brother have a blood disease that messes with his red blood cells when he gets sick (a common cold can mess with him). So instead of being floppy, they get round and breaks when trying to sieve through the liver and spleen. So now he will get a 3 cells, in case he gets sick again. (Yes, it’s a joke, and he will get the joke)
Project Picture:

3 Likes

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Wall-hanging with melpasöm (melpaseam I guess the translation is)
House: Hufflepuff
Brief Description: In Sweden we have a couple of seams that originate from different parts on Sweden. Like how they used to sew the ornamental stuff on pillows, wall-hangings, handkerchiefs and such.
An d I recently found out there is a seam that was commonly used here where I live, in Sundsvall, called “Melpasöm”. Melpa is short for Medelpad I guess, which is my county.
Here you should be able to see some older works with Melpasöm that have been saved and is now in a museum/archive.

I plan on borrow some books about this way of seaming/embroidery and then draw my own pattern for a wall-hanging. And to be honest, Im not sure how long this project will take, but it wont be done in just a couple of days.

1 Like

:zap::sun_behind_small_cloud::trophy: Summer Quidditch! :trophy::sun_behind_small_cloud::zap:

Reminder: The last day to post your quidditch season projects is tomorrow! I’ll take anything posted up until Midnight!

I love those socks, what a lucky friend.

1 Like

Class/Challenge: Quidditch - quaffle
Project Name: Barbie Outfit , self drafted skirt top=simplicity 4702
Brief Description: Wearing a red halter top and Sporty skirt, this gal is ready for the quidditch after party!

1 Like

Class/Challenge: Summer Quiidditch - Keeper
Project Name: Plush frog
Brief Description: I bought a lots of fleece blankets from Ikea several years ago, as I intended to make dog toys out of them. But I havent done that, so better use them for something else. So I made a plush frog for my brothers birthday, and used part of the blanket. He got very happy.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: UV Resin Pendants
Brief Description: The resin used in my pendants is translucent, so you can see the images at the back, as well as the dried flowers, beads, and cup chain inside the resin.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Economy Quilt Blocks
Brief Description: These blocks will become part of a larger scrappy Halloween quilt project.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
Project Name & Page Link: Apoxie Sculpt Pendants
Brief Description: These pendants remind me of the seeds of a strawberry pressed into the outside flesh of the fruit. Each of the little tiny beads are pressed into the Apoxie Sculpt to create tiny mosaics.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Rainbow Mug Rug
Brief Description: This cheerful little mug rug will hopefully make cleaning easier for my swap partner. Now she won’t have to wipe up coffee rings from her tables! The pattern was from Etsy, and the fabrics were nearly all stash in as many themes as I could match from my partner’s questionnaire (rainbows, batiks, hexies, etc.)
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - September
Project Name & Page Link: Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins
Brief Description: I was craving fresh warm muffins the other day, so I decided to whip up a batch. I realized I didn’t have any fruit to add, but I did have chocolate chips, so I hunted down a somewhat healthy recipe that uses whole wheat flour, oats, and less fat & sugar than most of the other recipes I saw. I altered mine by replacing 2 T of flour with 2 T cocoa powder to make them double choclate.
Project Picture:
IMG_3714

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Beater
Project Name & Page Link: Lucite Flower Earrings
Brief Description: This pair of earrings match one another perfectly! These were a project I made during Candie Cooper’s class in the Adornment’s Retreat. She pushed me outside my comfort zone with these bright lucite flowers to work with. And while I thought I’d never wear them, I realized about a week later that I had an absolutely perfect outfit to pair them with.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Snitch
Project Name & Page Link: Silver Pressed Flower Pendant
Brief Description: This is a project I’d definitely love to receive. It was also made in Candie’s class, and again pushed me towards mediums I don’t often use. We used torn tissue paper her kits came wrapped in for the background, plus metallic paint, dried flowers, and UV resin under the acrylic dome. Apologies for the double pictures. It’s really hard to get a picture of the center with the dome reflecting the light.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Broom
Project Name & Page Link: Gold Dried Flower Pendant
Brief Description: This pendant helps the wearer take springtime flowers wherever they go. It was also made in Candie’s class, and uses dried pressed flowers, metallic paints, a fun scratching technique, and UV resin under the acrylic dome.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Beater Bats
Project Name & Page Link: Painted Wood Pieces
Brief Description: During Jess Lincoln’s class at the Adornment’s Retreat, we got to test drive Vintaj’s new laser cut wood components, and their new paints with a variety of techniques like faux watercolor, and faux enameling by adding UV resin over the painted wood.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Chrysanthemum Beads
Brief Description: This was me really going for it with a medium I not only never use, but often dislike. Polyclay. Don’t get me wrong, I think some people do absolutely amazing things with it. And other people create boring lumps that might as well be play dough. Over the years I’ve tried using it a few times, usually for costume crafts. But this class was really wonderful. Clear step by step directions, and simple techniques to make dramatic results.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Your blanket is fabulous, @jellybean!

Awesome socks, @skrutt, I’m sure your friend will love them.

Cute outfit, @plaidpineapple! I admire your tiny stitching skills.

@MistressJennie, you have been busy! So many amazing goodies.

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Sleeveless Summer Cotton Cardigan
Brief Description: This cardigan is my own pattern. The construction was really basic and the only seams are at the shoulders. I used a stretchy and open stitch, cotton yarn in fingering weight…so it will be great for Summer. Finished just in time for Autumn.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Skrutt-Your frog is adorable.
MistressJennie-You are a very talented jewelry maker.
tendstowardschaos-wonderful cardigan.

2 Likes

Class/Challenge: Arithmancy
SPEW: Square by Square Project (local yarnworkers group)
Project Name: Light Blue Blanket Squares
Brief Description: These squares will be part of larger blankets. (My local yarnworkers group collects squares, turns them into blankets, and then donates the blankets within the community.)
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Astronomy
Project Name: Red Blanket Squares
Brief Description: These squares are red like strawberries.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Potions
Project Name: Blanket Squares
Brief Description: These squares were made using a pattern I made up. :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Quidditch - Beater
Project Name: Green Blanket Squares
Brief Description: For this challenge, I made a pair of matching blanket squares.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Quidditch - Chaser
Project Name: Dark Blue Blanket Squares
Brief Description: For this challenge, I made 3 matching blanket squares.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Quidditch - Hufflepuff
Project Name: Crochet Basket
Brief Description: My most loyal medium is crochet, so I crocheted a basket based on this pattern & using the eyelash stitch (video here).
Project Picture:
squished flat:

from the top:

4 Likes

I may be to late, but if not here are my quidditch entries.

**House:**Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Quidditch- keeper
Brief Description: this panel sat patiently waiting for me to decide how to put it together, finally decided to keep it simple and get it ready in case I get a teaching job soon
Project Picture:

Project Name & Page Link: quidditch- beatet
Brief Description: bathroom lampshade and towel bar/ picture to complete my panda themed bathroom
Project Picture: REQUIRED! No picture = No House Points

Project Name & Page Link: Quidditch-chaser
Brief Description: 3 signs for use in my future classroom (HP-bumblebees Mashup to fit kindergarten- grade 6)
Project Picture:

Project Name & Page Link: Quidditch - quaffle
Brief Description: giant leather pillow for my future classrooms ‘calm down cave’
Project Picture: REQUIRED!

Project Name & Page Link: quidditch- snitch
Brief Description: book bags for a fellow colleague that does have a classroom this year. I wish someone would make mine, but at least I have something to do white i wait for a job.
Project Picture:

Project Name & Page Link: Quidditch- beater bats
Brief Description: classroom birthday sign. Round disc’s looking like Harry’s cake will be attached for each student.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

:zap::sun_behind_small_cloud::trophy: Summer Quidditch Results! :trophy::sun_behind_small_cloud::zap:

Fans, it’s time for your Summer Quidditch results! We had 11 players among our four House teams. The scores stand thusly:

:snake: Slytherin: 3 players, with 75 points, for an average of 25 points per player.
:badger: Hufflepuff: 5 players, with 435 points, for an average of 87 points per player.
:lion: Gryffindor: 2 players, with 265 points, for an average of 132.5 points per player.
:eagle: Ravenclaw: 1 player, with 150 points, for an average of 150 points per player.

:blue_heart: :eagle: Congratulations to Ravenclaw House! :eagle: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Top work Claws!

@jellybean I love that scrappy blanket! It’s so cheerful

@skrutt the red blood cells for your brother are such a cute idea

@MistressJennie ok, I feel like I hardly ever comment on your stuff. This is because it is all too wonderful, and I can’t choose one thing amongst call the joy to focus on - so, under the pressure of not wanting to become an endless loop of “omg Jennie it’s amaaaaaazing” like a Barbie with a broken voicebox, I freeze. But it is amazing, all of it. (Especially the mug rug, cause rainbows, right!)

News I have (drumroll) finished my cardigan! Just need to sew in the ends and sew in the buttons… And everyone knows that I’ll definitely do that really soon, not leave it all knit but still unwearable in my WIP pile for… oh… a month. No siree. Not me.

I do have some projects ready to hand in, mostly back to school stuff, I just need to get photos taken!

4 Likes

Exciting advanced studies project! I’ve added it to the project log! :slight_smile:

Congrats Ravenclaw!! :tada: :eagle: :blue_heart:

1 Like