CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2021

So many wonderful crafts already :smiley: Finally feel like I’m returning to the world of crafts, just in time as I see the Quidditch is soon due! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Summer Quidditch - preseason training
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Chicken casserole
Brief Description: Trying to be better at cooking, Im always on the lookout for easy recipes, and when I found this I felt I should give it a try. Easy done, with just some garlic, curry, chiliflakes, chicken, chicken broth, tomatos and heavy cream. Mix and put in the oven. Since it is curry in, it turned yellow-ish, so I hope that would fit for the Quidditch preseason.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Challenge - WIP
Project Name & Page Link: Delicios goats
Brief Description: Been working on this piece since dec 2020, and its finally done! Now I just need to find a good frame for my lovely goats!
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Excellent cross stitch!!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club: Chapter 1 Owl Post
SPEW or LC Contest: Birds, Bees, Flowers, Trees….Summertime Site Wide Challenge 6/2-6/30/2020
House: :lion: Gryffindor :lion:
Project Name & Page Link: Summer Days Summer Nights Mini Quilt
Brief Description: For my entry to the sitewide summer challenge, I decided to work alongside some other commitments and make something just for myself. It was a really fun project. When the fabric bundle arrived the bathing beauties screamed Dresden Plate to me, so that was the inspiration for the mini quilt.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

I love the mini quilt, the colours are very summer

And the goat cross stitch is fabulous, I love the quote

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - Appetizer
Project Name & Page Link: Roasted sweet pepper and feta dip - Ultra Creamy Feta Roasted Red Pepper Dip | Don't Go Bacon My Heart
Brief Description: I love nothing more than a few different dips, and things to dip, as a sharing appetizer. This one has been on my to-make list for a while, so this seemed like a good time to try it. It is so easy and so tasty - I had to make myself put the tub back in the fridge, I could have kept eating!
Project Picture:

5 Likes

I am almost at the end of my current advanced study, so I am proposing a new one now, to try and keep my momentum going!

Project Name: Memory teddies
Brief Description: I have been asked to make five of these teddy bears, using fleecy jumpers that belonged to the grandmother of the children they are going to.

I will need to take apart the jumpers and attach iron on interfacing to support the fabric. I then need to cut out and sew 5 of them, trying to carefully utilise the different colours and the one jumper with embroidered elements. I am aiming for no 2 bears to be identical. I will be using fastener backed eyes and noses, rather than embroidery/beads that are used in the pattern.

2 Likes

Class/Challenge: Quidditch - Preseason Training
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pin Display
Brief Description: My enamel pins & pinback buttons used to be displayed together, but I ran out of room & had to reorganize my collection. All of the buttons are now on the old display & I made a new one for the enamel pins by crocheting a circle (using crochet thread) & mounting it in a hoop. Now all of my enamel pins fit with plenty of room!
Project Picture:

4 Likes

I have the Kind pin too!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch preseasom practice
SPEW or LC Contest:
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Meringue mushrooms recipe
Brief Description: my friends son is turning 15 tomorrow and I decided to make him a cake. He did not make it easy on me when I asked what flavour he liked… “as long as it’s not mushroom” was his answer. After giving me that answer three times on different questions I asked I had a plan to mess with him by surprising him with a mushroom cake. I decided to make things easier on myself and make the mushrooms a day earlier.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Wow! They look great :smiley: Cooking meringue always intimidates me. Do you have any tips?

I was also scared of it before but it’s real easy, not much you can do wrong with them, even if you sort of mess up a little it will still dry well.

Make sure the egg whites aren’t super old, beat them real good and bake them for a long time. I try to follow the recipes, adding the sugar after beating the egg whites. Many recipes suggest cream of tartar but i use lemon juice as I don’t have that cream of tartar easily available.

Oh, and if you’re planning to make meringues with star shaped tips or something like that it’s best not to leave the mixture standing for too long, the crisp edges will be soft.

1 Like

The Summer Quidditch Season is NOW OPEN! This term we have 14 Quidditch Challenges. You may do each prompt once. The Season will end on September 12th, meaning you have 12 weeks to work on these. Please note that everyone is welcome to do each of the House themed challenges, regardless of their own House. We are celebrating the best of all our Houses, and House Quidditch teams!

10 Likes

Amazing! Thank you @MistressJennie

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
Project Name: Hogwarts House Crests cross stitch
Project Page Link: Free Harry Potter House Crest Cross Stitch Charts – The World in Stitches
Brief Description: All four Hogwarts House Crests in cross stitch are completed
(Hufflepuff started 1/2, Ravenclaw started 26/2, Slytherin started 27/3, Gryffindor started 16/5)
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Those meringues look amazing, @imera!

Beautiful stitching, @seeuudee!

2 Likes

Im only just checking in because the end of the year is chaos in year 6 (NB literally every term I have some reason why that term is the hardest one…). But there’s some awesome stuff been going on :grin:

@Abbeeroad, I love your Halloween quilt blocks for Jennie, great bold colours

@skrutt love the goats!

@jellybean - I’m trying to find a way to display my pins too, yours look great. Thanks for the inspo

3 Likes

Challenge: Hermione’s book club chapter 1
Project: Guess Ru?

So, a couple of years ago my sister made a Drag Race version of Guess Who for a secret Santa gift for my cousin - I loved the idea and wanted to make one ever since (my sister got the idea from a family themed version I had made before, I kind of love the circular inspiration loop we’re clearly in). I finally found an excuse! I’m really close with one of the TAs at school, and we both love Drag Race, so I’m making her a version of the game as a ‘I’m going away’ present :grin:

I used an old copy of the game from a thrift store, it had no box so I didn’t quite figure out what to do about that yet. But I sprayed the game pieces (gold with random pink crackles) and printed all the pics on card, trimmed everything and assembled… I’m pleased with how it’s come out

7 Likes

Awesome!

Class or Challenge Title: book club
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: 3 mini Swedish princess cakes -recipe-
Brief Description: I’ve wanted to try my hands on Swedish princess cakes for a long time, and I finally did.0 need to work on the marzipan cover some more before it looks perfect, but it was the first time trying it so I’m not beating myself over it.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Is Swedish Princess cakes a thing in the rest of the world?! :open_mouth:
I mean, we eat it every now and then, but it is so cool that you have made them too! And they look great! :smiley: I hope they tasted as good as they look! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes