CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2021

Hey Moonflame!

I currently have 2 proposed Advanced Studies projects on file for you:

Moonflame: Muggle Studies, Feb 10, 2018
Moonflame: Diagon Alley Book Nook, March 6, 2020

Let me know if you would like your Hufflepuff Mittens (love, btw) to replace one of them!

Thanks!

@AntBee - I added your 2nd proposal to the log!

1 Like

Oh thank you! I guess I’ll keep the Muggle Studies afghan since I’m still working on that, and I’ll keep the mitts, since I’m working on those. The book nook can go. I still plan to make it, but I haven’t done much yet. Maybe I can add it after I finish one of the others. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You got it. The mitts have replaced the nook. You can definitely add it back in at any time. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much!! :smiley:

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Star Spangled Quilt (of Valor)
House: Slytherin
Brief Description: A friend of mine is a combat veteran (Marine), and I want to make a Quilt of Valor for him. His wife helped me choose the pattern, “Star Spangled” by Brick Cottage Quilts. It’s based on the 15-star/15-stripe flag that inspired “The Star Spangled Banner” by Francis Scott Key. The stars are paper-pieced - a piecing technique that I have never tried. I am currently working on a quilt for my DS2, but this will be my next quilting project.

3 Likes

I’ve started obsessing planning my ASp. (:snake: hee hee). I’m rereading the articles that I’ve pinned about how-to and have been fondling looking over the fabrics collected so far. My hope is to use only the stash and that which was already purchased for this project and not go gallivanting in fabric stores and sites looking to add in. That would be fun, but also just a form of procrastination. Be brave, little toaster, do the thing.

3 Likes

Your AS proposal has been added to the project log! Good luck with the paper piecing, I’m sure you’ll nail it.

1 Like

Advanced studies Friday: diningroom table is covered in stuff for the bunting. Helpful hint: when trying to curb ones crafts spending just go stash diving and see the things you bought 20+ years ago and still havent used.
This is their year! (Maybe.)

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress July Challenge
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Cashew Milk Quiche
Brief Description: Ever since becoming lactose intolerant, I’ve had a terrible time trying to make quiche. Cashew and almond milk don’t react the same way with eggs that dairy milk does. I’ve ended up with quiche that is rubbery; quiche with a terribly soggy bottom, quiche that spills water out all over the place as soon as you cut it. None of which were good. This is the first one I’ve managed that came out perfectly. Crisp pastry, fluffy egg, prefect touch of veggies. I kinda mixed advice from several sources, and have written my version below, but the main inspiration is linked above.
Project Picture:

My First Decent Cashew Milk Quiche
1 refrigerated pie crust
8 eggs
1 cup cashew or almond milk
2 ounces shredded Cabot cheddar
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 diced shallot
1 Roma tomato
2 oz cooked bacon
2-4 T chopped fresh herbs

Pre-bake the pie crust with pie weights, at 425, for 12 minutes. Allow to cool while prepping the rest of the ingredients. Reduce the heat to 350.

Shred the cheddar on a box grater. Dice the shallot and bacon. Slice the tomato thinly.

Whisk the eggs, milk, mustard powder, baking powder, salt & pepper together. Add in the fresh chopped herbs and whisk again.

Pour the egg mixture into the prepared (and cooled) pie crust. Sprinkle on the bacon and cheese, and poke them down into the egg mixture a little. Lay the tomato slices on top.

Bake at 350 for 40-55 minutes, until set, but not overdone.

Finally, let the quiche rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing.

7 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity
House: :lion: Gryffindor :lion:
Project Name & Page Link: Hogwarts Sew Together Bag
Brief Description: I’ve wanted to make this bag for quite a while for the house unity prompt, and finally did it! Link to PATTERN
Project Picture:

More pics in link to post :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Mmmm. I love quiche. So glad you found a recipe that works for you!

I gushed on your project post, but I’m going to do so again here too. Flipping BEAUTIFULLY DONE my friend!

1 Like

Seriously, I second that emotion. Everyone needs to go look at it’s designated post cuz it. Is. Fabulous.

2 Likes

I read that in my head with Ru Paul-esque sassy finger snaps at each period.

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash 2
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Anders by Sorren Kerr
Brief Description: I used two colors of Cascade Sport that have been in my stash for AGES. Even the buttons are stash from a few years ago.
Ravelry project page: Ravelry: CraftsUntold's Anders
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge - July
Project Name & Page Link: New York Cheesecake
Brief Description: According to Humor at Work, July 30 is Cheesecake Day. But I had to celebrate early so that I could make a cheesecake for my mom’s birthday lunch. My cheesecake is a little… rough. I over filled the springform so it mushroomed over the edge and pieces broke off. I salvaged it by covering it in shaved chocolate and stabbing chocolate bits into it in an abstract, hoity toity, gourmet baking way. LOL. It tasted amazing though.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - July
Project Name & Page Link: Creamy Crab soup by Once Upon A Chef
Brief Description: Made this for my mom’s birthday lunch this weekend! It was SOOO good, but so tedious to pick over the lump crab for shell bits. I forgot to take a picture of the pot, so here’s just my bowl of it. LOL.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Beater
House: Slytherin :snake: :yarn:
Project Name & Page Link: Peanut Pumpkin Vest
Brief Description: I did a pattern mashup of the Peanut vest by TinCanKnits, using the colorwork motif from Meghan Regan’s Pumpkin Patch sweater to create the most adorable vest for my october baby!
Ravelry project page: Ravelry: CraftsUntold's Peanut Pumpkin Vest

Project Picture:

8 Likes

Those sweaters are divine!

1 Like

thank you!

Your colorwork is awesome! And that cheesecake looks delectable, despite any lopsided-ness.

1 Like

Class/Challenge: Book Club - Chapter 2
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: White Elephant
Brief Description: For this challenge, I crocheted something I’ve wanted to make for a while - a white elephant! :elephant: Now I’m ready for the next white elephant gift exchange I get invited to (though now I probably won’t get invited to any, lol).
Project Picture:

(pattern - I accidentally put the eyes in the wrong spot, so my trunk points down instead of up)

Class/Challenge: Quidditch - Seeker
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Lorenzo the Llama
Brief Description: For this challenge, I crocheted a llama using the perfect llama pattern. It’s perfect for me because it involves very little sewing - just sewing on the ears & tail and weaving in ends!
Project Picture:

(pattern - Ravelry link, paid pattern)

7 Likes