CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2021

Oh no! @Noodle - persevere!

Haha…a true Slytherin @tendstowardschaos. That little face is actually adorable.

1 Like

Oh no! :scream: That’s the worst! The next go round will be better.

@Abbeeroad, it really is! I wish I had caught her sticking her tongue out at me - so cute! There was a tiny baby snake at my barn door the other night, too. I tickled his little chin before shooing him into the grass.

@tendstowardschaos what a cutie! I’m so glad you were able to rescue her! :smiley: Oh, and WELCOME!! :grin:

@Noodle, I’m so sorry about your cardi. That sucks. :frowning:

Every term I’ determined to stay caught up, and every term, I have a bunch of projects I fail to list. :stuck_out_tongue: At least I’m off with a running start. . .

Class: Astronomy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Pink Star Stitch Mitts
Project Description: I finally conquered the Star Stitch and made these mitts! Pink, for the strawberry moon, stars because Astronomy. :slight_smile:
Project Pic/s:

Class: Detention, WIP challenge
Project Name: MSD shrug
Project Description: I found the start of this today while I was going through a knitting bag I hadn’t looked at in ages. Started it back up, figured out I started in the wrong place, frogged a bit, restarted in the RIGHT place and finally finished. :stuck_out_tongue:
Project Pic/s:

5 Likes

Your mitts are adorable! I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that stitch, but it has a lovely texture.

I love that shrug - what perfect, tiny knitting! Your beautiful doll looks like she could be a Weasley, too.

1 Like

Class: Hermiones Book Club, Ch 18
Project Name: Unicorn birthday present
Project Description: A project that has at least 200 stitches. And unicorns are magical. :wink:
Project Pic/s:

3 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Is it wrong that my first reaction to this was rubbing my hands together and grinning like a super villain? lol

Seriously though, that is frustrating! I’m so sorry! (My address is…)

Wow, some great projects already!

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Advanced Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Gryffindor house crests

Brief Description: This is the last of the house crests to stitch to complete my advanced studies. I managed to get a couple of hours stitching in yesterday evening, thanks to an internet outage :roll_eyes:

Before…

After…

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge - June
Project Name & Page Link: Fathers day and birthday cards
Brief Description: My dad lives in France, so needed to get his birthday and Father’s day cards in the post to make sure they got there in plenty of time. (Adding both in one prompt, as they were both quite quick makes)
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Class/Challenge: Headmistress June
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Blueberry Muffins
Brief Description: June is Georgia Blueberry Month! I needed to use up some frozen blueberries, so I made blueberry muffins! (recipe)
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Welcome @tendstowardschaos! As Slytherin Head of House I am so glad to welcome you to Slytherin.

1 Like

I’ve got a whole special post coming along when my project is ready… but get a load of these beauties!
G is for my Gryffindorable Crew @MistressJennie and @Abbeeroad :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Intriguing!

1 Like

I have a bunch of things to post now that all my swap packages have been received. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Class: Astronomy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Susannah Quilt Block
Brief Description: Made for AIMR in the Quilt Block Swap, this block is mostly red!
Project Picture:

Class: CoMC
Project Name & Page Link: Tentacle Magnet
Brief Description: Made for the Cryptozoological Swap, this “exhibit a” tentacle comes from the deep. Part of a sea serpent perhaps?
Project Picture:

Challenge: Detention: Advanced Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Art Journal Pages
Brief Description: Been having a lot of fun with my art journal. Some new pages below.
Project Pictures:

Each page takes me at least 1 hour.

Challenge: Detention: Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy plant badge/marker
Brief Description: Made for the Green Thumb Swap, this fun little badge can be pinned onto a plant cozie or attached to a stake for a fun plant decoration. Made from lots of little green scraps in my stash.
Project Picture:

Class: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Star Halloween Blocks
Brief Description: Made for Mistress Jennie, these Halloween blocks will eventually be combined with blocks made by other LCers into something beautiful I’m sure.
Project Pictures:

Class: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Heart Quilt Block
Brief Description: Also made for Mistress Jennie, this heart block has four corners and is flat and flexible!
Project Picture:

Challenge: Headmistress: June
Project Name & Page Link: Sting Ray Stitch
Brief Description: Did you know June was national aquarium month? Me either until I googled for this prompt! :laughing: My favorite aquatic animals to see at the aquarium are the sting rays, so I stitched up a little ray to celebrate these beautiful creatures.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Iron Chef: June Appetizer
Project Name & Page Link: Peach Avocado Salsa
Brief Description: We visited friends in real life (!!) over the weekend. Of course I had to bring something. Using what I had, I whipped up some peach avocado salsa and fried tortilla chips to bring as a pre-dinner snack.
Project Picture:

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Plant Cozie
Brief Description: For the Green Thumb Swap I stitched up a plant cozie. A fashionable accessory for any plant - here modeled by my snake plant. I used fabric that can easily be displayed outdoors if desired.
Project Picture:

Class: SoAR
Project Name & Page Link: Zig Zag Path Quilt Block
Brief Description: Made for roler in the Quilt Block Swap, this block uses three different fabrics that come together to make a super cool pattern!
Project Picture:

6 Likes

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Advanced Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Secret Advanced Studies Project
Brief Description: This project is being made for our Advanced Studies Examiner herself, Ms. Abbeeroad. She knows something is in the works, but not what it is. Normally if another participant was in the same boat, I’d have them send me a pic of their progress to fulfill the Advanced Studies prompt. Since I can’t send a pic to myself, I’ve sent pics to @Whistlefish, so someone can vouch for me deserving House Points.
Project Picture:
:no_entry_sign: :camera_flash: :shushing_face:

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Silk Dragon Egg Bag
Brief Description: This project is both a gift for someone, and was made during a craft date. I got through a little more than half on the LC June Tea Party Zoom. It’s on its way to my dad as a Father’s Day gift.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - June
Project Name & Page Link: Byzantine Weave Chain Maile Keychain
Brief Description: Inspired by one of the many holiday of June; Father’s Day. I made this fun little keychain to go with the silk dragon egg bag for my dad. He loves shades of blue and teal, so I used dark blue, teal, sky blue, and silver rings, with a blue agate bead, and lump of polished blue agate.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Preseason Training
Project Name & Page Link: Chocolicious Breakfast Bars
Brief Description: During the summer, I try to swim every day. The neighborhood pool is adults only lap time from 5:00-7:00, then the swim team takes over. Since I have a brief window between waking up and needing to be out of the water, and since my doctor ordered me to eat breakfast before exercising, I need something fast and portable in the mornings. Last month I made some oatmeal & zucchini breakfast bars, and finally ran out of them, so it was time to try a new breakfast bar recipe. This one called for butterscotch chips, but I couldn’t find any that were dairy free, so I just used mini chocolate chips instead, and for a flavor boost, I added some decaf instant coffee to the batter. They are quite tasty! And rather like eating cake for breakfast…
Project Picture:

5 Likes

I shall vouch for @mistressjennie! She has made progress and @Abbeeroad is going to be one very lucky lady when this project is done! :grin:

5 Likes

You’re such a sweetheart!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club: Ch1 Owl Post
SPEW or LC Contest: n/a
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Knitted Cat
Brief Description: Working on this in secret (from LCers) has kept me busy for a few weeks. But now it is finished and has been received so I can share!
Project Picture:

5 Likes

So many wonderful crafts already :smiley: Finally feel like I’m returning to the world of crafts, just in time as I see the Quidditch is soon due! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Summer Quidditch - preseason training
Project Name & Page Link: Chicken casserole
Brief Description: Trying to be better at cooking, Im always on the lookout for easy recipes, and when I found this I felt I should give it a try. Easy done, with just some garlic, curry, chiliflakes, chicken, chicken broth, tomatos and heavy cream. Mix and put in the oven. Since it is curry in, it turned yellow-ish, so I hope that would fit for the Quidditch preseason.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Challenge - WIP
Project Name & Page Link: Delicios goats
Brief Description: Been working on this piece since dec 2020, and its finally done! Now I just need to find a good frame for my lovely goats!
Project Picture:

7 Likes