CLOSED - Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2022

They are a bit salty from the miso, and the sugar content isn’t high, so they aren’t ‘salty/sweet’. It’s kind of strange but interesting. I just remembered I have a jar of vegan caramel sauce in my cupboard. Might try them with a drop of that on top…

1 Like

A new Headmistress Challenge and a new Hermione’s Book Club prompt have been posted!

3 Likes

And a new Iron Chef!

September - :morocco: Morocco - Transitioning from hot to cool weather is a tricky time to cook, but a perfect time to say hello to Moroccan dishes like chicken tagine, tabbouleh salad, or meskouta orange cake.

3 Likes

Ok, lightly frosted with vegan caramel totally makes these cookies!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Woodburned serving tray
Brief Description: I personalized a serving tray as a part of a wedding gift for a friend. (They are also receiving a very nice whiskey decanter and glass set.) I freehanded this and YOLO’d the burning (never done it before!), so I don’t have a specific link. But here’s a beginner’s woodworking tips page? LOL.
This took a lot longer than I expected. I didn’t think about how the food safe wax it is treated with would affect the burning process. ha. I think I also aggravated my tendonitis during this…

Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Reclaimed Halloween yarn
Brief Description: I think I understood this prompt right, but let me know if I did it wrong…I finished a Plum Leaf shawl months ago and I was not happy with it. So I pulled it apart and will use the yarn for something else.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Complete Advance Study
Project Name & Page Link: Ouzo cardigan (ravelry link)
Brief Description: Knit a cardigan to wear in work while the air conditioning is running. Ouzo has been on my list for a while, I just love Thea Coleman’s designs.

This was knit pieces, seamed, and collar and cuffs picked up. Lots of ends to weave in. It called for pockets, but I like it enough without the pockets. I just want it done at this point. Knit pockets are mostly decorative than functional anyway.

Could have shortened the body about 2 inches, but it was hard to judge while I was knitting. I stuck to the pattern measurements.

Project Picture:

@Abbeeroad
New AS Proposal
1Up Quilted wall hanging, using this pattern purchased from Etsy
A gift for my husband, for his newly redecorated gaming room. A very time intensive project, it is so many 2.5" squares. I’ll be trying a new thing, I think it’s called chain seaming?

7 Likes

Class: Divination
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name and Link: Leaf Tea Towel
Project Description: I used leaves to make natural shapes on this tea towel. We’re doing this for a craft at the library tomorrow evening so I made a sample for peeps to see.
Project Pic:

Its hard to tell in that pic, but there are subtle variations in the colors.

Class: Hermione’s Book Club - Owl Post Again
Project Name: Box Pleat Skirt
Project Description: I got a cute pattern on Etsy for a doll-sized box-pleat skirt and promptly forgot to add the seam allowance when I was making it. The downside is that there’s a LOT of ironing to do, but the upside is that I really like the end product. Fortunately, the skirt should actually be the perfect size for a doll I have incoming. Here it is on a Blythe in the meantime (with a bunch of overlap in the back!)
Project Pic:

Class: Potions
Project Name and Link: Teeny Tinker’s Sweater For Lia
Project Description: Amortentia would probably cause me to smell warm chocolate chip cookies, hot tea, and cozy wool sweaters. Here’s a cozy grey sweater for Lia inspired by that. The link is for a vid that tells you how to make your own and includes instructions for variations. I included the small skirt to prove I made 2 :stuck_out_tongue:
Project Pic:

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: MSD-sized Box Pleat Skirt
Project Description: I really liked how the too-small skirt looked, and I wanted to make one for doll I originally intended it for, so I made it again - this time adding the proper seam allowance. Yay!
Project Pic:

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Striped Wool Scarf
Brief Description: This scarf is made with the yarn leftover from DS1’s hooded cardigan, plus the gray yarn that I didn’t end up using for that project. He asked for the fringe, and I apparently committed a grave error in trimming the fringe to be nice and even. Oh, well. It’s a Christmas present and he may forget my blunder by then.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

I got you! That cardigan came out so awesome!! And earned you 100 points for your house! :tada:

OMG, I’m in love with your next AS project! Good luck!! :mushroom: :green_heart:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Defense Against Dark Art
Project Name & Page Link: Winter socks for my niece
Brief Description: (Pretty explanatory title) I have knitted a pair of socks for my niece that I met for the first time this september. <3 We do get gold winters in Sweden, and its always nice to have a pair of warm socks to put on your regular socks (in Sweden we call them tjocksockar = thick socks). And I thought she might need a pair.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

They are so sweet!

1 Like

Oohh those socks look fab!

Class divination
House Ravenclaw
Project blackberry jam

I managed to get out for a couple of hours yesterday and picked about 3lbs of blackberries, I made these beauties today.

From this recipe Blackberry jam recipe | BBC Good Food

6 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Planting Autumn Flowers
Brief Description:
Project Picture

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Brief Description: I made a variation on my usual coffee infused bread, adding in cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips. So I added the recipe variation to my original post here on LC.
Project Picture

3 Likes

There’s an amazing new LC Challenge! Remember, you can earn 10 Bonus Points when you submit a project to the HPC that you created for an LC Challenge!

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention: STASH
Project Name & Page Link: Moses Basket for dolly
Brief Description: Used up nearly a whole skein of stash yarn for this little birthday gift for my daughter.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
Project Name & Page Link: Face Cloth
Brief Description: My brother’s birthday is coming up and he is loathe to collect more “things” so I decided to gift him consumables and include a handmade element or two that will eventually wear out. I used the classic “Grandma’s favorite dish cloth” pattern and Hobbii’s Rainbow 8/4 100% cotton yarn (super fine) in Color 84. It is so soft so it could be a face cloth rather than dishes, but I’ll leave that up to him.
Project Picture:

blocking it now to gift on Saturday. I don’t even know who I am right now. Ususally I’d be blow drying that puppy while trying to get dressed to go see him. lol

4 Likes

:notes: … Happy birthday, @MistressJennie eeeeeeeee, Happy Birthday to youuuuuu🎵

And manyyyy morrrrrrrre!
:birthday::cake::birthday::cake:

2 Likes

Thank you dear!

3 Likes

HBD lady!!! :unicorn: :sparkles: :clinking_glasses: :teapot: :skull: :black_heart:

2 Likes

Happy birthday, @MistressJennie !!! And many happy returns!

1 Like

Happy Birthday @MistressJennie! :partying_face: :birthday:

1 Like