CLOSED - Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2022

Happy Birthday @MistressJennie! :partying_face: :birthday:

1 Like

Happy birthday @MistressJennie! :birthday:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Friends Fingerless Mitts
Brief Description: Perfect for a day of zooming around outdoors, these handspun fingerless mitts in Rambouillet wool will keep my DS2’s hands warm and cozy. I used this free pattern.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Diamond Trip Quilt Top
Brief Description: This quilt design has long stripes, like those of the Greek flag. It was also a great way to use up all the brown 2.5" strips in my stash, along with some brown yardage. I just picked up backing & batting, and can’t wait to quilt this one.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
Project Name & Page Link: Folded Corners Quilt Block
Brief Description: This is September’s BOM for the Quiltalong. The block design is an optical illusion. If exectued well, you can see the black pattern folded up and around at the corners, to reveal the grey on the ‘back’ of the black. I made it out of my ever growing stash of Halloween prints to add to my eventual Halloween quilt.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 22
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy HST Pillow Top
Brief Description: In making the quilt above, you cut off triangular corners between the brown strips and the turquoise squares. I did an extra row of stitching, so that each corner that got cut off became an extra Half Square Triangle. Each one was just under 2", and they weren’t exactly square. Since they were so small, I didn’t bother to actually square them up. I just embraced the scrappy wonkiness. Or at least I tried to. My OCD little heart really likes perfectly straight lines, and perfectly matched points. This usually isn’t a problem for me because I cut straight and then sew straight. I might have disliked putting this piece together, but I am happy with how it came out. I alternated rows of dark brown and light brown diamonds to add some drama.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Sept
Project Name & Page Link: Apple Crisp
Brief Description: I always look forward to the first Apple Crisp of the season. This one happened by accident. My carefully selected, perfect apples, were tossed around by the store clerk, and 3 of them came home bruised. DH is an apple connoisseur, and doesn’t eat bruised apples. So crisp to the rescue!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity
Project Name & Page Link: Triple Lemon Cupcakes
Brief Description: I made these happy yellow (Hufflepuff) cupcakes to welcome @Abbeeroad and @sheepBlue, who arrive tomorrow for a visit. We’ve been holding off on watching the new season of GBBO so we can watch together, and now we’ll have cakes to enjoy with our tea, while watching Cake Week! (And yes, there are also fancy cookies in the house to accompany Biscuit Week. I just didn’t make them myself.)
Project Picture:

4 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

:sparkles: :heart: :zap:
Reminder: This term of the HPC will close on Friday night, at Midnight! All projects must be submitted by then. The new term will open on Saturday.

3 Likes

House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Aron’s socks.
Brief Description: These socks have both blue and white stripes in them, which the greek flag has as well. So now my nephew will get some warm, cosy socks this xmas.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
Project Name & Page Link: Socks for myself
Brief Description: Got this beautiful yarn, named Nordlys (aurora borealis in norweigan I think). And wanted to make a pair of socks for myself. Tiny needles needed, 2 mm.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Apple cake
Brief Description: Wanted something yum to eat, so made myself (and family) an apple cake, where I just put apple slices that have been coated in sugar and cinnamon, in an ordinary sponge cake.
Recipe:
Your ordinary sponge cake
Add some cinnamon to the batter
Dip apple slices in sugar and cinnamon, and put where ever you want in the cake. I put some slices in the bottom and some just inside the batter.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: Needle book in leather
Brief Description: Bought a kit with a needle book that I put together. So using leather and wool felt, embroidery thread, and voila! A needle book!
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient runes
Project Name & Page Link: A friendship bracelet for my brother
Brief Description: Made bracelet for my brother, a small project that I finished in one session. He got very happy, even though he doesnt wear it.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Two project bags
Brief Description: Here I have used an old bed sheet, an old table cloth, and a new zipper to make two project bags. One for me and one for my mother. I work at a second hand shop, and both the bed sheet and table cloth was going to be thrown away since they have holes in them. But I bought them and made something new.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Reparo
Project Name & Page Link: Hole in the pockets
Brief Description: I have three pair of pants, that have gotten holes in the same spot in the right pocket. So this summer I sewed them together, and no more holes!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Elton the squirrel
Brief Description: I participated in a CAL and used yarn I had in my stash.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - WIP
Project Name & Page Link: Leafy skirt
Brief Description: Bought some fabric and washed it, and zigzaged the sides. Sewed it together into a tube. And there it stopped for over a month. Now I sewed the hem and a hem where I added an elestic band. So now I have a whole skirt.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

You’ve been busy! Everything is great-those project bags are gorgeous!

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah, I have made more stuff than I thought. Started going through my list of finished projects and realised I could add some more to the craftalong! :smiley:

2 Likes

I love it. Your socks are inspiring me to keep working on mine!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
Project Name & Page Link: Cake Tea Towel
Brief Description: Embroidered tea towel made for a friend as a housewarming gift - related to both food and cleaning!
Project Picture:

3 Likes

I wanted to post this earlier but stuff happened, at least I’ve made it :smiley:

Project Name & Page Link: Blue stud earrings
Brief Description: Made to look like tiles that could be found in Greece. They are also white and blue (amongst other colours)
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Apparation
Project Name & Page Link: toilet bombs
Brief Description: Trying out the toilet bombs for the first time
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Thanking cards
Brief Description: Made for my step son’s confirmation. I had to calculate, cut and fold, and then cut out the slits for the inserting of the photo.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: CoMC
Project Name & Page Link: Mushrooms
Brief Description: Used concrete mushrooms and painted them to look more whimsical.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention
Project Name & Page Link: Advanced studies
Brief Description: It’s a long project but I’m getting there, the pom pom chair is moving along. Of course I’m planning to undo my work and change it a bit
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Hama beads in red and pink
Brief Description: In order to fuse the beads together I needed to melt them before they could be touched.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Pearl bracelet
Brief Description: Made to be worn at an outside wedding party
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Carrot cake pancakes -recipe-
**Brief Description:**Apples are autumn, but so are carrots! And they both have a similar taste because of the seasoning
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Earrings made in hama beads
Brief Description: Long and dangly beaded earrings. Waiting for hte delivery of the rings so I can put them together
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef
Project Name & Page Link: Maroccan Chicken Tagine
Brief Description: It was yummy, I will definitely make a version of this again :smiley: Recipe
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle studies
Project Name & Page Link: Blueberry mousse cake
Brief Description: It looks like a cheese cake, but it’s not, it’s a mousse cake and it required me to make a blueberry puree as well as italian meringue.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Tiny art book
Brief Description: Trying to work on my book binding techniques, for once I’m really happy with my book even though it’s small
Project Picture:

4 Likes

I thought your bath bombs was marshmallow! Lots of nice crafts you have done! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! Funny story about those marshmallows, my son (13) saw them and and knew he shouldn’t but he just had to lick one. Instantly regretting his choice. I didn’t use any harmful chemicals so it wasn’t dangerous, doubt it’s as strong as the other recipes but it sounds better for the environment :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

This Term of the HPC is now CLOSED!

Your Headmistress is currently entertaining the lovely @Abbeeroad and @sheepBlue, (and we’re even playing a craft themed board game called Arch Ravels right now!), so I will not be announcing the winning House until tomorrow afternoon, or perhaps even Monday morning. In the mean time, please enjoy our new Yule Term.

5 Likes

:zap::heart::tada::sparkles::yellow_heart::woman_mage: End of Term Feast :mage::green_heart::sparkles::tada::blue_heart::zap:

Welcome to the End of Term Feast! I have checked the school hour glasses, and the points stand thusly…

hourglasses
:yellow_heart: :badger: Hufflepuff: 5 students, 690 points, for an average of 138 points per student. :badger: :yellow_heart:
:blue_heart: :eagle: Ravenclaw: 2 students, 385 points, for an average of 192.5 points per student. :eagle: :blue_heart:
:green_heart: :snake: Slytherin: 5 students, 965 points , for an average of 193 points per student. :snake: :green_heart:
:heart: :lion: Gryffindor: 2 students, 490 points , for an average of 245 points per student. :lion: :heart:

:trophy: :heart: :lion: Congratulations to Gryffindor House! :lion: :heart: :trophy:

I hope you will all join us in the new Yule Term!

6 Likes

Congratulations Gryffindor! :lion:

1 Like

Good work, Gryffs!

1 Like

Congratulations Gryffindors! :lion:

1 Like