CLOSED - Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2022

Oooh! I LOVE spats!! They look awesome! :heart_eyes:

Woo hoo! I created again! My husband brought home Covid and we were all down for the count for a while there :stuck_out_tongue: Everyone’s fine now. Yay!

Class: Alchemy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Apple Turnover Soap
Project Description: This soap shares the rectangular shape and stripes of the Greek flag, but that’s pretty much where the similarities end. The top and bottom tan layers are a lovely Angel Food Cake scent, and the middle layer is a delightful Fresh Apple. I adore how this turned out! I’m thinking about keeping one in my work locker just for the smell, lol!
Project Pic:

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Watercolour Thank You Card
Project Description: A friend of my sister’s donated some gorgeous children’s books to the library, and I wanted to make her a special thank you card. I watched a YouTube about making some watercolour cards and although they looked really sophisticated (to me at least) and pretty, the execution of this one was much easier than I expected it to be. We are even going to do this as one of our library craft nights next Spring! I still can’t believe I made this, LOL!
Project Pic:

6 Likes

Glad you’re feeling better! Your card came out fantastic!!

1 Like

Class/Challenge: Alchemy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Blue Rug
Brief Description: For Alchemy, I made a rug out of jersey yarn that’s blue like the Greek flag. It’s based on this pattern.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Book Club, Chapter 19
Project Name: Jiji the Cat
Brief Description: I crocheted a cat using this pattern (Ravelry link) out of black yarn.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Chicken Yakisoba
Brief Description: For Care of Magical Creatures, I made chicken yakisoba (which includes mushrooms) using this recipe. To make cooking easier, I mixed up the sauce and cut everything up ahead of time. I used precooked chicken and some frozen mushrooms I had in the freezer.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

@jellybean: That cat is to cute!

1 Like

@moonflame that soap looks fab.

@jellybean that dish looks really good.

Class: charms
House Ravenclaw
Project steampunk guns, these are made from cheapo plastic toy guys, lots of painting, glued on stuff and some silver leaf
Project link Steampunk guns, from dollar store guns

COMC
Project: pizza. We bought an Ooni pizza oven and this was our first pizza… Turned out amazing.

This was the first one, a tad scorched, but still amazing, this one had mushrooms, look at that crust!!

Dough recipe here Cold-Proof Pizza Dough Recipe — Ooni United Kingdom it is a great recipe and the flavour was excellent

6 Likes

Thanks @Abbeeroad and @Edel !

Ahhh!! Jiji makes me smile so much! And those GUNS! Whooooo! Love them!

Anyone else hungry after seeing all this yummy food?

Challenge: Detention in the Dungeons - STASH
Project Name: Demi Cuirass “Muslin”
Project Description: I got a wild idea to do a fem Geralt cosplay for Youmacon this year. I’m kind of doing my own take on it, and one of the pieces I am making is a demi cuirass to sort of mimic what he has going on on his upper body here (the leather piece under all the straps and above the chainmail, lol):

I will be making this out of EVA foam and either painting or adding a thin layer of faux leather. Because EVA is a little pricey, I wanted to make a “muslin” out of cheap craft foam to check fit and make any adjustments. I also wanted to see how hot glue would work, because it can be used instead of contact cement and is a lot cheaper and nontoxic. The foam and hot glue are all from my stash. I’m happy with how it turned out! If anyone’s curious, I bought this pattern to use.
Project Pic:

7 Likes

This looks like a great mock up. The pattern shaping looks excellent

1 Like

I can’t wait to see your fem Geralt costume. Good luck!

1 Like

Just a friendly reminder from your Headmistress, that you get 10 Bonus Points for any HPC entries that you created for an official Lettuce Craft Challenge…

4 Likes

Those guns are so cool!

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 20
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Cups & Saucers Quilt Block
Brief Description: For this challenge, I went back to something familiar… my stack of Halloween fabrics. I’ve been making blocks for the Quiltalong’s Block of the Month Challenges, and now I have 11 disparate blocks; 1 paper pieced from AIMR, 2 cool star blocks from Abbeeroad, and eight I made, using up scraps & stash. Abbee sent me some scraps of the fabrics she used, so I was able to incorporate that into a block with my own fabrics. Then I bought a few 1/4 yard cuts at Joann’s a few weeks ago, and now I’m trying to work bits of the old and new fabrics together, so when I’m all done, it will look scrappy-but-cohesive. This block used the grey graphic and purple grunge from past blocks, and new black and orange pieces. I’m hoping to create 16 blocks in all, for a Halloween lap quilt.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class/Challenge: Detention, WIP
Project Name: Amigurumi WIPs
Brief Description: For detention, I finished some amigurumi that I started years ago & never finished (because I didn’t feel like doing the faces). I was working on another project & decided to just get these out and finish them while I had my supplies out. They’re not perfect, but they’re done! :grin:
Project Picture:
Before:

After:

Patterns used: blue slime (Ravelry link), grey bat (Ravelry link), pink Kirby (I’m guessing at the pattern used)

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash Challenge
SPEW or LC Contest: Take a Bite 2022
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Beachcomber Bracelet
Brief Description: This bracelet was made entirely from my lovely bead stash.
Project Picture:

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Doctor Who Scarf
Project Page Link: Doctor Who Scarf
Brief Description: I re-learned how to knit to make this commissioned scarf for a friend. It took about 7 weeks from start to finish, and I am thrilled with how it turned out. Despite my ADHD, I powered through 875 rows of garter stitch to create this iconic scarf!
Project Picture:

8 Likes

These are awesome looking projects, but my main take-a-way is, “WAIT. It’s been SEVEN WEEKS???”

I really need my internal chronometer adjusted. Seriously, though, great work on the scarf, especially, I know that repetitive rows like that can be easy to procrastinate. And it looks so good!

3 Likes

@jellybean they are super cute.

@MistressJennie I love that block, especially the centre square.

@tendstowardschaos whoa, that is fab!! I love it

And my advanced studies is also done. Yay! It’s only taken over two years (blame Covid!)

Class advanced studies
House Ravenclaw
Project steampunk outfit for a wedding

It has its own thread here Steampunk costume for a wedding but this is it with my husband’s jacket and hat… No action pictures until mid August when I’ll be wearing it at the wedding-finally!

7 Likes

@tendstowardschaos and @Edel - WOW! Awesome AS work you guys!! You each earned 100 points for your house!! :tada: :tada: :tada:

1 Like

Forgot this one,

Class transfiguration
House Ravenclaw
Project: this is a lovely linen shirt I had, but ripped two holes in it, so I did some visible mending, Boro stitching @JoyfulClover (I was thinking of you through this one :kissing_heart:). The nice thing about this little project is that @cackle gave me some fabric when I visited her four years ago (on our big deadster roadtrip) A scrap of it matched the colour exactly, so I used this for the back.

7 Likes

You know this is MY JAM, @Edel! Look at those wee stitches, living their best life on a linen shirt! And they don’t just look like running stitch, but pluses!!

1 Like

Class: Hermiones Book Club
Project Name: Strawberry marmalade with black pepper
Brief Description: To make marmalade you need lots of heat. I was inspired by the strawberry jam-class, that was held earlier this year, but couldnt participate. And now when the strawberry season draws to an end here in Sweden, I thought it was time to try this. I got 4 jars (hadnt prepered a fifth, which I could have filled). One is for me, and three is gifts.

Recipe:
500 g strawberries
250 g jam-sugar, with pectin (I guess regular sugar is fine too. In Sweden we have this sugar that is made purley for jams and marmalades that have a perservative inside of it)
3-4 teaspoon of black pepper (not fine grind)
4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar

Boil berries and sugar for 5 min. Then add the black pepper and balsamic vinegar and boil for another couple of minutes. Put into jars and seal tight.

Project Picture:

3 Likes