CLOSED - Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2022

So cool, but even cooler that you light up! Well played! Lots of work but so worth it! Every detail is fantastic!

1 Like

that wall quilt is beautiful! I love seeing your quilt projects.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Detention WIP
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Cliff walk Socks (ravelry link)
Brief Description: Finally finished this wip that I have been playing hide and seek with for a couple years. I kept misplacing and finding and misplacing the project bag! These have been entered into my county fair today (finished them yestrday, LOL), and I will know the judging on Sunday!
Project Picture:

9 Likes

Gorgeous!

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Hermiones book club - august
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Crocodile wall hanging - a birthday present
Brief Description: Here I have taken smaller bits of wool and fused them onto the bigger piece, with thread as my glue. Its a birthday present for my younger brother, and although one can think he is a child, he is actually turning 35. :smiley: He collect crocodiles, and I thought it fit to make something else than a plushie (which is how most of his crocodiles are made of). I draw a sketch first, and then made a pattern and made it into a wall hanging.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Class/Challenge: Detention, Stash
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Fleece Tied Blankets
Brief Description: For detention, I used up most of my fleece stash making fleece tied blankets!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Divination
Project Name: Seattle Salmon
Brief Description: For divination, I crocheted a natural shape - a fish! I used this Seattle Salmon pattern (Ravelry link), but I accidentally sewed the top fin on in the wrong spot.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Flying
Project Name: Friendship Bracelets
Brief Description: For flying class, I made some friendship bracelets out in the fresh air while camping.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Handspun Gray Wool - Sweater Spin
Brief Description: This is skein #11/16 of my 4-color sweater spin. I have 4 pounds of wool (1 lb each of four colors) that I set out to spin all the same weight/style - chain-plied/aran weight/Z-twist. I have been pretty successful keeping it all fairly even and I’m confident I can use it all together for sweaters (and probably matching accessories).
Project Picture:

5 Likes

I just want to SQUOOSH it!

1 Like

Challenge: Headmistress August
Project Name: Flower Card #3
Project Description: I used water and paint to make this watercolor card for a coworker who is leaving to go back to school. :slight_smile: Here’s the video I followed.
Project Pic:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: 9 Patch Blocks
Brief Description: While I was digging though some stash fabric to make a scrap quilt, I came across a single one of these blocks, and the strip pieces to make more. They were leftover from a baby quilt I made in 2008. I don’t have a plan for what to do with them next, but at least they are no longer random in-progress blocks. Now they are 39 finished blocks.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - August
Project Name & Page Link: Lemon Zucchini Bread
Brief Description: I have had a lot of house guests recently. My in-laws came to visit last weekend, and left Monday, then I picked my parents up from the airport Wednesday, and they are here through Tuesday. So I wanted some to make something sweet to have in the house, and use up some zucchini. I made a double batch of this lemon zucchini bread for my mom.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name & Page Link: Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Brief Description: And this loaf of chocolate zucchini bread was for my in-laws. Clearly they liked it so much I didn’t get a picture of it whole. It was so good. I’m definitely making this recipe again and again.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Class: Arithmancy
Project Name: Blue SD Capelet
Project Description: I used Arithmancy to scale the small capelet pattern up to make a SmartDoll sized one :slight_smile:
Project Pic:

Challenge: The Dementor’s Kiss
Project Name: Pink SD Capelet
Project Description: Playing around with length with a familiar pattern and medium.
Project Pic:
pinkcapelet

Challenge: Detentions - Stash
Project Name: MSD Capelet
Project Description: Yet another capelet, in MSD (1/4) scale.
Project Pic:

Challenge: Headmistress - July
Project Name: Chart Minder
Project Description: I used a thin, hard canvas from Dollar Tree and hot glued on two thin metal sheets (removed from picture frames also found at DT.) I then wrapped this in fabric, which I secured to the back with more hot glue. I cut a piece of card and glued it to the back to neaten things up, then cut and stacked more card to make the propping leg. I used a piece of ribbon, secured with yet more hot glue, to the propping leg, and the back of the minder. I also purchased a ruler at Dollar Tree, and to the back I used hot glue to attach 2 neodymium magnets. I folded a piece of washi tape over the edge to make the edge more easily visible. The ruler can now be positioned to keep my place in a charted pattern. I had some cute food cabochons in my stash, so I hot glued more magnets to the back of those to use for securing the pattern to the minder. I’m super pleased with how it turned out, and how well it works!
Project Pics:

5 Likes

Everything looks awesome and that pattern holder is amazing!

1 Like

Thank you! It turned out at least as well as I’d hoped, and far better than I’d expected! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress challenge
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Painted letters
Brief Description: There is this friend who I want to get closer to, and we agreed to exchange letters, becoming pen pals… I’ve been occupied and forgotten to send letters but decided to make my own, and paint them, and then send them at once. No more pushing this off until who knows what. First paper and envelope ready, I really enjoy the flowers.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione book club
Project Name & Page Link: Black lace skirt
Brief Description: Combining a crappy scissor and acetate fabric was really not a good idea, but it turned out we, at least the hardest part of the dress is hidden under a layer of nice black rose lace.I really love how the skirt ended up. Tried to make a circle skirt but didn’t have enough fabric for that, so I sort of winged it. But it looks great.
Project Picture:

Uploading: 20220901_002043.jpg…

Class or Challenge Title: Iron chef Hogwarts
Project Name & Page Link: Japanese milk bread
Brief Description: This is so good, can’t get enough of it. -Recipe-

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - Japan
Project Name & Page Link: Miso Butter Cookies
Brief Description: I had everything on hand to make these simple butter cookies. They came out well. Lightly sweetened, more like a shortbread biscuit than a traditional cookie. The flavor is so light, that they almost feel like they are missing something. Jam? Nutella? Not sure, but I think I’ll expirament…
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Now I want cookies. lol

2 Likes

They are a bit salty from the miso, and the sugar content isn’t high, so they aren’t ‘salty/sweet’. It’s kind of strange but interesting. I just remembered I have a jar of vegan caramel sauce in my cupboard. Might try them with a drop of that on top…

1 Like