CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2020

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle studies
House: hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: sweater
Brief Description: I teach muggles and we go out every Wednesday no matter the weather, so I needed a lightweight sweater that looks nice but is also warm
Project Pi

3 Likes

I’m not against that occupation XD and I do like making food

Finally have a couple things I can share…been crafting away, but a lot of it is secret!

Challenge: Detention: Stash (#1)
House: Gryffindor :lion:
Project Name & Page Link: Colorful Mug Rugs
Brief Description: Made entirely from stash, these two mug rugs are for my little crazies.
Project Pictures:

Challenge: Headmistress: March
LC Challenge: Spring Bling Fashion Challenge Entry
House: Gryffindor :lion:
Project Name & Page Link: Embroidery-faced Plugs
Brief Description: I love to show off jewelry all year round, but especially in the spring. Something about big, bold pieces just seems to fit with flowers blooming. These pieces also balance each other both because there’s one for each side of my head :laughing: and in the pop of color balancing with the simpler black and white.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

I finally caught back up to where I had been on my shawl before I had to frog a bunch of rows! And I even did 1 new row tonight. Woot!

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: SOAR
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: doll clothes
Brief Description: my nieces are bored and asked for some new doll clothes and their dolls to be dropped off, so to begin I whipped up this set of 4 matching outfits that can also mix and match

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - Harissa
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Mediterranean Red Lentil Soup (Vegan & pantry staple friendly)
Brief Description: Made a delicious warming lentil soup, with an awesome kick from the harissa, and brightness from the lemon. It made 6 good sized servings. We had it for dinner twice, then froze the rest for later this month.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Guys! I’m so excited to see everything on here! I haven’t been on since school got closed. I’m definitely in the boat of having the energy sucked out of me being at home so I didn’t want to look and see all of the amazingness if I couldn’t put something in also. I have a couple of projects done that I just need to take pictures of so I look forward to doing that tomorrow.
You people are so amazing and fantastic with all the things you’ve accomplished! Way to go!

Advanced Studies Friday, Saturday Morning Edition!
I got a few more rows done on my shawl yesterday. And I came to the point in the yarn that the first hint of light green shows up. If you look closely you can see it.

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 4
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Cajun Skillet Dinner
Brief Description: My awesome husband was supposed to be in Wisconsin this weekend, at Gary Con, a D&D convention he attended last year and loved so much that he signed up to go again the following year, the very next day. He was really sad it got cancelled, and I hated seeing him down. So I decided to make him something Cajun inspired to cheer him up. Thankfully he was able to participate in 5 virtual games over the weekend, including one he hosted! That went a long way towards helping, but I like to think my cajun skillet dinner put it over the top.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted!

CLASS : Flying
HOUSE : Hufflepuff
PROJECT NAME : flamingo set
DESCRIPTION: Truth is I don’t like birds very much, but I have a dear friend whose daughter had a stuffed flamingo that went everywhere with her. She made me promise I would help her make an outfit for her niece or nephew when she became an aunty (she was 10), she became an aunty 4 years ago, but was sadly killed in a car accident 6 months later. This fabric jumped out at me about 6 months after, and I instantly thought “her sister is expecting a girl or soon will be”, and yep, facebook post later that week told me she was expecting, so I bought the fabric.
I finally got outfits made, 2 girls 4yo and 3yo, and a boy almost 2. So although I don’tcare for birds, flamingos hold a special place in my heart

4 Likes

I’m sure the mum will appreciate not only the clothes but also the reminder of her sister and that you remembered your promise to help make outfits.

They are really cute! Love that the girls have different coloured tops to them - the same but different.

Just realised that some of my bits and pieces fulfill class requirements :grinning:

We’ll start with
Apparition
Hufflepuff
Fabric masterboard
I made my first fabric masterboard a while ago, using net curtain as the ‘bread’ for the scrap sandwich. I wasn’t at all happy with it, and almost threw it out.
This time I used net on the top, but heavyweight interfacing on the bottom and it worked much better.

It will be used to create a piece to decorate the back of a denim jacket for my exam (even though there are no exams this year, we still need to keep working do we can argue for a better grade).

Next:

Potions
Hufflepuff
First paper masterboard
I’ve been really struggling to do any crafting at all recently, like many of us.
I had agreed to a personal swap and wasn’t sure how to start, so I decided a masterboard would be a simple way to go.
I found it very relaxing, especially after a fraught morning with my boys.
It really gave me the nudge I needed to get out of the rut, and I made 2 more master boards and found new direction with my college work too.

2 Likes

Advanced Studies Proposal

Victorian shawl
Hufflepuff

I’m planning a Victorian costume for myself and purchased this authentic Victorian crochet pattern last night. I don’t have the correct yarn (no fingering weight, nor cotton or wool, which is what would have been used) but I’m going to make it anyway - acrylic double knit will have to do, at least until I can get something more appropriate.

This is my 2nd advanced studies project

2 Likes

Psst… If any of you have Audible, the Tales of Beadle the Bard read by Warwick Davis, Jason Isaacs, Jude Law, Evanna Lynch, Bonnie Wright & a few others, is currently FREE for today only. It’s their deal of the day.

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress’ Challenge - March
Project Name & Page Link: Spring Floral Doll Dress
Brief Description: With Spring fast approaching I have been pawing through my stash to find some appropriately spritely floral prints.

2 Likes

There is such fantastic work going on in this craftalong! Keep up the great work.

Challenge: Detention: Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Face masks I used a common box pleat style for 2 of them, and this pattern for the horse one:

Brief Description: My friend’s family is immuno-compromised. I made these face masks for them. Right now they can’t get a hold of n95 masks, but if they are able to the masks have a pocket where they can insert the mask to help prolong it’s life. Everything used came from my stash.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name & Page Link: Cashew Cranberry Bites Recipe
Brief Description: There are four base ingredients to this recipe: oats, dried cranberries, cashews, and maple syrup. They’re simple to make (if you have a food processor) and easy to modify. I almost submitted these for the Arithmancy prompt. I improved this most recent batch by rolling the balls of dough in some cocoa powder. Less sticky and even more decadent tasting. I also used raw cashews instead of roasted ones as I had previously. I didn’t think this would make a difference, but it made them much less oily!
Project Picture:

I really love all the different prompts for this semester even if I’m behind on completing many. :sweat_smile: But I’ve been checking almost daily to see all the wonderful projects folk have been posting.

1 Like