CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2020

Thank you for that link. I’m on a quilting obsession right now, but I think a book book might be in my future.

**Class or Challenge Title: Detention- Stash
**House: Hufflepuff
**Project Name & Page Link: Easter Hat
**Brief Description: Originally this was going to be much more of a bonnet with a wide brim than a bucket hat, but the tight gauge was hurting my thumbs so I stopped. I didn’t think much about this little project before starting, but sometimes impulsive projects are the best! It doesn’t fit over Riley’s wig but I think she looks darling in it. The button was clear but I painted it with nail polish!
**Project Picture:

…wanders past a calendar, looks, startles to see it says “Friday” and skitters away before anyone asks how her Advanced Study project is(n’t) going…

LOL…I’ll check back next week. :wink:

1 Like

I mean, I’ve only had the kit 5 years come next month- what’s the rush? ha!

1 Like

Challenge Title: Detention: Stash
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Owlette Wings for Twin #2
Brief Description: Made from items I had in my stash, I whipped up these extra set of Owlette wings to stymie twin fighting over the one costume we have.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge: Expecto Patronum
SPEW or LC Contest: Lettuce Help Our Communities Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Tie-dye mask trio
Brief Description: Here’s my first batch of 3 masks! One for me and one each for Mr. Road and his brother. The elastic isn’t “closed” on the one for my BIL so he can adjust the fit accordingly.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club: Ch 6; Journey from 9 3/4
Project Name & Page Link: Cinnamon Roll Cake
Brief Description: It was my MILs birthday recently, and even though we couldn’t celebrate together, I made a cake! The family that was physically close and able to partake definitely enjoyed it!
Project Picture:

Class Title: SoAR
Project Name & Page Link: Earth is Our Home Prayer Flag
Brief Description: Made for the prayer flag swap (yay for swapping!), this flag uses 4 colors! Blue, Green, Black, and White!
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum - masks 6
SPEW or LC Contest: LC
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Face Masks - 6!
Brief Description: Monday I did a big push and pumped out 24 masks! I made them for family and donated the rest to my church. They are operating an awesome drive-through food bank right now and they need masks for the volunteers. They are made from 100% cotton and have pipe cleaners at the nose to help keep them in place on your face!
Project Picture:

**Class or Challenge Title: Arthimancy
**House: Hufflepuff
**Project Name & Page Link: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1019157-italian-potato-pasta-soup-with-greens?action=click&module=RecipeBox&pgType=recipebox-page&region=all&rank=0
**Brief Description: The recipe might be behind a paywall, but this soup called for potatoes, which I did not have. I did have some sausage that needed to be used up, so to make this recipe more awesome I added sausage! I also added the whole can of tomato paste because I suspected the broth would turn out thin and I dumped extra paprika and thyme in there for more flavor. It was delicious, full of veggies that needed to get used, and made lots of leftovers (a beautiful sight). Next time I would include the potatoes because the broth came out pretty thin.
**Project Picture: IMG_20200419_094910

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

1 Like

Note from the Headmistress…

I just finished a points tally, and a few things came up. To both new AND older members, please remember to try to post project dumps in alphabetical order. It really helps me when adding points in. Especially this term, as we’ve added in 18 extra prompts, to try to keep everyone happily crafting through the pandemic.

@Edel, you posted your Twelve Trees quit under SoAR, but you alredy had posted a project under that category; your LC cross stitch. So as of right now, Twelve Trees hasn’t been counted. If you want to submit it under another category, please let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

@jillybeans, Checking in. You tried posting something under Hufflepuff Egg Hunt a few days ago (April 13), but there wasn’t a class challenge listed. Since the Egg Hunt is an extra, items listed under just that don’t get any House Points unless combined with a regular HP prompt. Also, that post has no photo. It looks like the image didn’t finish uploading. If you want to fix the photo, and submit it under a prompt, please let me know, so I can give you points for it. :slightly_smiling_face:

@katiebread, Your first two posts this term contained links to your google drive, rather than pictures. The website itself flagged and temporarily removed those posts, because it thought you were trying to Spam the site. Obviously you weren’t, so I unflagged & restored your posts, then edited them to put the links you provided on their own lines. This allows those links to show up in a little box, making clear to readers that it’s a link to an outside page. If you leave a link on the same line as other text, it won’t make that cool/useful box. In future, please upload pics, rather than provide links to your google drive. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you!

Class or Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum
LC Contest: Lettuce Help Our Communities
Project Name & Page Link: Blue Batik & Teal Honeycomb Masks
Brief Description: Made for my BIL J. & SIL J. BIL J. asked if I could make the entire mask look like a baseball with red stitching or if I had baseball fabric. Nope. Sorry. It’s a pandemic friend, you need to put up with what scrap fabric Jennie has on hand! SIL was much easier to appease. :wink:
Project Picture:

Project Name & Page Link: Black & Red Celtic Knot Masks
Brief Description: Pair of black & red celtic knot masks for my BIL C. to wear to work. He ALSO asked for baseball fabric, and again I had to say no.
Project Picture:

Project Name & Page Link: Hannah Montana Masks
Brief Description: Pair of Black & Purple Hannah Montana masks for BIL’s co-worker to wear to work. C. was asking for solid & masculine fabrics to wear to work. I said I was running out of masculine fabrics, and he’d have to be happy with whatever I made, but promised to not use the leftover Hannah Montana fabric I had, from when I made his daughter a pencil roll about 8 years ago now. His daughter (now 17) thought that was hilarious, and told me she still has the pencil roll. So I used it on masks for a co-worker of his.
Project Picture:

Project Name & Page Link: Green Medallions & Magenta Honeycombs
Brief Description: Made a pair of green masks for a woman in town who works at a clinic, but isn’t a doctor or nurse, and therefore isn’t being given masks right now. The magenta honeycomb is for a dear friend. She’s staying with her grandfather, and can’t get to her sewing machine or fabric right now.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress April
Project Name & Page Link: Pyramid Pouches
Brief Description: Made with zippers in honor of National Zipper day! Two cute little D&D dice pouches.

@MistressJennie, do you want the posts in alphabetical order of the class name? I’m sorry, that was one I know I definitely wasn’t following.

Great question! I put everything in order alphabetically, with both class & random non-class challenges, like Book Club. Back on the old site, we had a link to a post that listed everything in order that folks could refer back to when needed. I just went ahead and made a new one of those. It’s in the post just under the House Points tally above. Sixth post down from the top. Here’s a link to it:

Just so new folks can understand why I’m crazy and ask for things in alphabetical order, here’s a snap shot of our House Points spreadsheet, that I use to track points. Rows are per person in the craftalong, and columns are the subjects. As you can see, there are a LOT!

Putting things down alphabetically just helps me when I am scrolling through the giant spreadsheet. I can move forward in someone’s row, rather than back and forth. :smile: But please don’t worry if you occasionally forget. No one is ‘in trouble’ or ‘breaking the rules’ if they post out of order once in a while.

1 Like

Oh no! I filed my book club entry under H for “Hermione’s Book Club.” D’oh! I will do it right next time.

Thanks for your tireless efforts Miss J! :kissing_heart:

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
**House:**Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: A wee Burrow mug rug
Brief Description: Using my pointy, if not exactly sharp muggle knitting needles I used the remainder of the yarn I used for a stuffed animal hammock to make a nice mug rug/small placemat for use at the dining table where I do pretty much everything these days. The table was originally owned my paternal grandparents who bought it on layaway sometime in the 1940’s along with the matching China cabinet and sideboard. (I inherited all 3 pieces in 1995) and last year it got a makeover from a restorer who made it look like a young table again. Amazingly (and most importantly) now the double pedestal table is solid and doesn’t rock when people use it! I had told the fellow doing the repair work “My whole motivation for the repair other than to take good care of this table is so that I can have dinner guests and serve more than soups and stews! It’s like eating on a ship in a stormy sea!” Needless to say, after paying in installments (rather like a second layaway plan) and it being gone for almost 2 years I want to take every precaution to keep her in good condition!
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Don’t worry @Abbeeroad, you’re doing fantastic. You’re definitely one of the most on top of it folks in the world, about being alphabetical. :smile:

1 Like

Got it! Thank you for the reference link, I will do my best to make it easier for you in the future! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear about your mom. Praying for her and your family while she is going through treatment.

Class or Challenge Title: HoM
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Time for Tea doily
Brief Description: Taking a page out of Madam Puddifoot’s decor book I made up this colorful doily for under my one year old’s toy tea set. Hopefully it encourages Super Pig to show a modicum of self restraint. I keep finding him all around the house like this:

(pretty sure those are hot toddies)
I used a free pattern found here and worked it up in Lily sugar n creme yarns from my stash. Forgive me, I didn’t block it as Madam Puddifoot surely would, but again, Pig isnt’ super discerning.

I still have ends to weave in. I did this in one sitting last night from 9pm to midnight so I decided to save the ends for hand work during her free play time this morning. I thought I wouldn’t like it with so many colors that don’t at first seem to go together, but I actually love it. It’s very cheery and Merlin knows I could use some extra of that around here this Spring. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I love it!! I bet Super Pig does, too. :laughing: