CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2020

Challenge: Detention: WIP 1/2
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Sockhead Slouch Hat
Brief Description: For detention, I finished a WIP I started last year. I kept putting it off because I’m such a slow knitter, but I finally finished it! I worked on it for 3 evenings, multiple hours each time (so much netflix, lol).
Project Picture:
before:

after:

(pattern)

Class: Potions
SPEW: WMH Long Term Care (local hospital)
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Chevron Lap Blanket
Brief Description: For Potions class, I crocheted a lap blanket that will hopefully make someone feel better when they receive it. :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

(pattern)

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club - Ch. 6
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Love One Another Prayer Flags
Brief Description: Now that all the recipients have received, I can finally post these! I made a set of 8 matching flags, of ‘relentlessly cheerful’ rainbows to cheer some special friends during the pandemic.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Jellybean that hat is great and I love the chevron blanket!
MistressJennie that prayer flag is so gorgeous.

2 Likes

Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Make Magic Prayer Flag
Brief Description: Stash busting at it’s finest! Lots of scrappy strips in this flag and I used up all of my purple embroidery thread stash (don’t worry, I got more). :smile:
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Crafty Curse-y Adult Merit Badges
Brief Description: Made entirely from stash, these adult merit badges are a little swear-y. Consider yourself warned. :wink:
Project Picture:

Class Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Awesome Blossom Embroidery
Brief Description: This embroidery is inspired by flowers, yes, but also by colorful birds from all over the world!
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Holiday Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Pink Donuts!
Brief Description: My daughter requested donuts last week, but we forgot to get them on our last food store run. D’oh! She’s 2 and doesn’t quite get the fact that we can’t run to the store on a whim these days. Because she loves all things pink, I made it up to her by making pink glazed donuts!
Project Picture:

5 Likes

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted! And remember, you have until Wednesday to post the previous book club prompt.

Class or Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum
SPEW or LC Contest: Cross Posted to Lettuce Help Our Communities
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Modified Deaconess Pattern
Brief Description: I made a batch of mask for my mom and her friends, plus a coworker who couldn’t figure out how to get one on her own. Stash fabric isn’t exactly in season but still pretty.

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 7; Sorting Hat
Project Name & Page Link: Silk & Wire Wrapped Bangle
Brief Description: This bangle was made for Abbeeroad, in a style I’ve been playing with over the last few months. It’s a wood bangle wrapped with hand dyed silk and copper wire, and finished with copper charms.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

I actually have this hanging on a peg in my room so that it can be admired even when not being worn! :smile:

1 Like

ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
**Project Name: Royal Summer Shawl by ELK Studio
**House: Hufflepuff
**Brief Description: I started this project to use up some luscious yarn that my sister-in-law gave me a few Christmases ago. Because the pattern was purchased, I didn’t realize quite how big of a project it would be before starting. It started with chaining 400 stitches! I’m afraid I won’t finish before the semester is over so I’m submitting it as an OWL!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Challenge- Stash #2
**Spew -Yes http://www.heartsknittogether.org/
Project Name & Page Link: Burp Cloths
Brief Description: I created 15 burp cloths from my stash to donate to a local organization that gives them to women’s shelters, refugees, etc.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Challenge- Stash #3
**Spew -Yes http://www.heartsknittogether.org/
Project Name & Page Link: Burp Cloths
Brief Description: I created 6 more burp cloth and 2 bibs from my stash to donate to a local organization that gives them to women’s shelters, refugees, etc.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Challenge- Stash #4
**Spew -No
**Project Name & Page Link:**Waterproof Storage Bag
Brief Description: This month seems to be focused on utilitarian items for my crafting. This is a storage bag that I made for some emergency preparedness items after we had an earthquake (5.7-my first quake that I really “felt”.)
Project Picture:

1 Like

Class: Herbology

Project Name: Purple Airy Knit Hat

Brief Description: I love lunaria, and while its silvery seed pods are flashier, I love its cheery little purple flowers in the spring. I had a skein of mystery yarn in a warm purple I’ve been longing to use and my hair has been growing out in an…exuberant style. Some days it certainly seems monstrous to me. A simple little purple hat seemed just the thing to banish those bad hair days. Because it’s already getting warm where I live and I didn’t want a tight fit totally squashing my curls, I’ve made the hat floppy and airy in a super simple pattern on giant needles. It’s my first proper hat and I love it. And this is my first post on lettuce so I apologize in advance if I mess this up in some way! Go go Gryffindor!

Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club - Chapter 8, Learning Something New
Project Name & Page Link: This is the tutorial I followed Loose Watercolour Roses
Brief Description: Despite having a lot of the supplies already, this was my very first attempt at watercolours, and I love it! I’m so proud. (It’s hard to capture the lighting correctly, but this is as close as I could photograph)
Project Picture:

2 Likes

@katiebread - awesome AS proposal! I’ve added it to the project log. :slightly_smiling_face:

@RubeusUmbrella - Welcome!! Go Gryffindor!! :lion: Great user name, btw. :wink:

Love those flowers @PrincessP!

Class or Challenge Title: Make Your Own Holiday
SPEW or LC Contest: SPCA related, but I’m not sure it counts
Project Name & Page Link: Foster Kitty Welcome Home Security Blanket
Brief Description: I made this mid-April in anticipation of celebrating the arrival of a new foster kitty after my last one was adopted, but I had to wait until today to put it in use. I’m using this to line a box in an optimal sleeping spot so he’ll have something to soak up his scent and take with him to his new home when the time comes. It may be a while before it actually gets used though, since he’s still pretending to be a burrito under a blanket in his travel crate. Early days!

2 Likes

RubeusUmbrella I love you cap!
PrincessP Wonderful watercolor, I have been wanting to learn more about watercolor. I shall have to make use of the link.
Trillian Wonderful blankie, I am jealous I have been wanting to foster a kitty but my local shelters don’t have any available currently. They have had great success getting fosters and adoptions die to Corona.

1 Like

Hey @RubeusUmbrella! Welcome to the HP Craftalong. Gryffindor House is glad to have you. :slight_smile:
:heart::lion::heart::lion::heart:

1 Like

It’s Friday so i guess i’ll wander closer to that A.S.P. I proposed last year… maybe i’ll even fondle the yarn! :yarn: it’s our 5th anniversary this month after all!

2 Likes

LOL AntBee you are too funny!

1 Like

Advanced Studies update: I spent a quiet evening away from my ongoing blanket project and now the ASP yarn is rolled balls in a yarn bowl instead of hanks In a plastic bag… one step closer!

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club - Chapter 8
Project Name & Page Link: Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
Brief Description: I’ve been baking a lot of banana bread during the pandemic, but this week I felt like I really needed to try something new. So I looked up a bunch of banana recipes, all of which sounded delicious, and all of which required a different amount of banana. I decided I’d mash up the bananas I had, then make whichever recipe best fit that amount. I’m so glad I had exactly 1 2/3 cups of banana, because that worked out perfectly to make these bars.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Moonstone Amelia Shawl
Brief Description: I’ve been trying to stash bust during the pandemic, so I decided to try this simple shawl pattern, that uses a single cake of Lion Brand Shawl in a Cake. The pattern is a free one, called the Amelia Shawl from Moogly.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Lotus Blossom Amelia Shawl
Brief Description: Since I liked how the first came out, I made a second stash busting shawl.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - Honey
Project Name & Page Link: Honey Orange Chicken
Brief Description: I wasn’t sure what I wanted to cook with honey, but when I looked around my house, I noticed I also had some oranges to use up, and I had some chicken thighs in the fridge. Match made in heaven! I steamed some carrots, and stirred them into the chicken and sauce, and it was delicious.
Project Picture:

2 Likes